Counter attacks from corners

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Why do we not even bother with them? We're a team set up for counter attacks, have pace to burn, and yet we hack clear every corner we get. Yet we need only look across the city to remind ourselves how lethal you can be in those situations.

Seems totally bizarre to me. So much fear.

Skills

Snitch
Because the manager's worried about us getting caught without 10 players behind the ball, ready to defend.

Ekeke

Why do we not even bother with them? We're a team set up for counter attacks, have pace to burn, and yet we hack clear every corner we get. Yet we need only look across the city to remind ourselves how lethal you can be in those situations.

Seems totally bizarre to me. So much fear.
Because we don't seem to practice our counter attacks. Theres no fluency or touches that seem like second nature. Our athletic, pacy players tend to get the ball, look up, check whats on, go wider, look for support then play a pass that gets cut out or run down a blind alley. All that hesitation and thinking about what to do counters our counter attacks. We're too cautious.

If you watch the way the top teams and top players counter attack it almost looks instinctive and like they've done it 100 times on the training pitch the past week. Its second nature to them, while we have to work hard to get it right on the pitch and usually do not.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Bumping the old thread, we are very good at this now.

Just an example from City game. 11 seconds from James to Rashford, one end to the other. We have done it so many times this season.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
In fairness, I'm sure we'd be a hell of a lot better at this if we had a keeper who commanded his area.
True this makes a huge difference. I love Dave but about time we find someone who is better in the area and distribution.

Allison and Ederson are a league above in terms of distribution.