Country Music

mjs020294

I get subjected to this every time we use the wife's car.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Saw this chap last night in Hoxton, brilliant gig. He really got the crowd going and had a good band with him.

'This one's in Gminor if you feel like dancing...'

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
My entire country knowledge resumes to K-Rose radio station from GTA San Andreas. I know them all, but those are the only ones I know.

mjs020294

Some country music is OK. A lot of it is soft rock really. Then you get some nice eye candy like Shania as well.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Look up Old Crow Medicine Show, you'll enjoy them.

Zen

That quarter past one song creepy as hell. Whenever I hear it, it kind of usually is quarter past one. Even when it randomly comes on my mp3 player and I dont know it's there.

Woodzy

Listen to some live James Taylor albums. There's a few on Spotify I've been loving lately, although granted some of his songs aren't exclusively country, there's a lot of variety.

sammymc

one album Id advise any one to have is:

but get yourself some hank williams, george jones, johnny cash, charlie rich, don gibson, glen campbell, don williams, gram parsons, flying burrito brothers(the gilded palace of sin), tony joe white, townes van zandt..

and the byrds sweetheart of the rodeo

...oh and gene clarks country stuff is great..plus dillard and clark is lovely...well gene clark is just fecking great basically.

finally some uncle tupelo or long ryders

or beachwood sparks.

well its a start.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
15 replies and no mention of the lovesick blues boy?

(though Fred Rose wrote it)

If you're looking for more modern stuff, just be sure to stay clear of that gay shit that's been topping US pop-charts for the past 20 or so years. How about some Whiskeytown/Ryan Adams..?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Elliot has the Hank Williams covered. I'll try to get some of the rest. No Johnny Cash, but only because he needs no introduction.

(one of my favourites when I was about 4)

(That's the only thing I can play on a guitar)

Scoreboard Red

Take out the O, the R and the Y and that's what you're left with.

Although I do enjoy that Lady Antebellum song, "it's quarter past one o'clock and I'm drunk" or whatever it is...

Kinky Melinky

I think ya'll should point me in the direction of some.
It's not strictly country.....more Americana but I would highly receommend Willis Alan Ramsey. Try get your hands on his CD. It was ground breaking and has earned him the title of God Father of Americana. It's from the 70's

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
Word. America's most important songwriter, alongside Dylan.

cyberman

Random bump and had to search for a relative thread but just got into Brad Paisley, his guitar work is something else.

This tune is currently doing loops in my head

Hoof the ball

Random bump and had to search for a relative thread but just got into Brad Paisley, his guitar work is something else.

This tune is currently doing loops in my head

Paisley is an elite guitarist that doesn't get his dues because he's straight up country, but he shreds with the best.

Hoof the ball

This is just an incredibly well-crafted song. The arrangement, the melody, the chorus and the hook are super-infectious. Also, the song isn't what you think it is going in, and the lyrics are great!

"People say I've got a drinkin' problem, but I ain't got a problem drinkin' at all".