COVID 19 and the impact it will have on this transfer window and the market the next years

Lemansky

I have been reading the Sancho thread daily and see a lot of posters say: “just pay what Dortmund want and be done with it”.

In light of the situation in the world, a pandemic in its early stages and economic downturns we have not seen in years is it not smart to be cautious and patient in the current market?

A lot of clubs are making huge losses and will surely play the next season also without spectators. We are in the early stages of this transfer market and we don’t know yet how dependent clubs are on selling players to stay operative. There might be very good deals to be made in this market, and opportunities that will raise that we don’t know about yet. Ain’t it foolish buying a player without negotiating his price, for a premium at this stage of the transfer window?

I think the economic meltdown so far, and that it could get even worse in the months to come is a bit underrated/neglected on here. We are a rich club, but playing without supporters will surely hurt us also. What is your opinion on the transfer market in these special times?

pcaming

United are an embarrassment.
Even in the best of times dropping 120 million on a player is no joke. I'm not really sure why some seem to think it's as simple as "just pay them the money".

Dread Devil

Whilst I still think we will get Sancho I have to agree with the OP.....why not test the market and see if we can get one or two players, maybe Defensive Midfielder, Centre Back or Left Back at really good prices this year.

Dortmund are a pain to deal with, maybe let them sweat, feel the pain from the banks and the player himself....

All clubs are going to be in difficulty from no fans at the turnstiles but Woodward and Co are really good at sponsorships so we should be relatively strong next year...