Craig Pawson

AdNani

defies logic that the referees have managed to get worse with video help.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Sancho sitting down Cedric on his ass causing him to crawl and while his head is looking down knowing the ball is there, he swipes his hand at the ball. It is a clear handball
Exactly Sanchos good skill made him fall and then he decides not to fall down and takes the chance to use his hands to chase the defender.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Huge Arsenal fan, their record under him speaks for itself.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
You can clearly see he's falling and trying to keep his feet all the way through that video. Weird to call it trolling whilst posting a video proving me correct. There is no way his use of his arm was intentional there.
If you fall you go straight down, you don't crawl for seconds towards the ball. Watch how he completes the 'fall' the moment he pulls the ball back. It's a blatant penalty.

Obvious WUM is WUM. Shame the mods don't clamp down on this nonsense.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
You've never lost your balance when running and instinctively tried to stay up ? We all look ridiculous when doing it because we think we can salvage it but always end up on our ass a few steps after.
The Elanga could have been given even if the "push" was a bit soft. Would not have shocked me.

The Saka one is clearly a penalty and happens before that second phase of play.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
You can clearly see he's falling and trying to keep his feet all the way through that video. Weird to call it trolling whilst posting a video proving me correct. There is no way his use of his arm was intentional there.
Look at his face. He is looking at the ball the whole time. Why would he do that if he was worried about falling on his face.

AltiUn

You're completely full of shit lad.

AltiUn

Solid legit response to back up your point of view.
Default response. People have given you plenty of legitimate responses and you're too stubborn/biased to change your view.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Look at his face. He is looking at the ball the whole time. Why would he do that if he was worried about falling on his face.
He does glance at the ball but its clear he's trying to not fall, I think the ref like me thought it was bad luck he planted his arm there whilst falling. It could have been given but I think would have been harsh.
If this happened the other way round with the same result people shouting "stone wall" and "full of shit" here would be saying no pen. Theres an argument for giving a pen if a person thinks he meant it but he didn't in my opinion of course.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Default response. People have given you plenty of legitimate responses and you're too stubborn/biased to change your view.
So I have to change my opinion because United fans who the decision went against disagree? I'm also not biased, I personally don't care if you guys win or lose (personally I thought you derserved to be at least level first half). I mean the ref, the VAR, the pundits on Supersport all agree so its not like I'm the only person with this opinion.

MichaelRed

Just watched it and my opinion hasn't changed, he tries to keep his feet but still falls. I don't see how you see a pen there and if one was given against United for that, this place would explode.
You know the difference between falling and crawling right?

UncleBob

He does glance at the ball but its clear he's trying to not fall, I think the ref like me thought it was bad luck he planted his arm there whilst falling. It could have been given but I think would have been harsh.
If this happened the other way round with the same result people shouting "stone wall" and "full of shit" here would be saying no pen. Theres an argument for giving a pen if a person thinks he meant it but he didn't in my opinion of course.
But he isn't falling, he's gone from falling to crawling.

The new language is: "A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player's body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised."

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
I guess you could say he deliberately didn't mean to put his arm in front of the ball and stop it, but then I wouldn't call that "bad luck".;)

AltiUn

So I have to change my opinion because United fans who the decision went against disagree. I'm also not biased, I personally don't care if you guys win or lose. I mean the ref, the VAR, the pundits on Supersport all agree so its not like I'm the lone opinion on this.
Obviously you do care to some degree as you're one of our rivals and you're sat on our board commenting about it. Your evidence for your point is that the referee and VAR back you up, as if the referee and VAR have a near perfect accuracy for getting calls correct. You've also intentionally misrepresented the situation to suit your argument. The player crawls 3 yards looking at the ball and hand balls it, he doesn't fall on it, it's quite obvious what he's done. For the record, hundreds of people disagree:

MichaelRed

Have you ever tripped and tried to get back to your feet at a decent run?
Yea, usually keep my eyes forward, not directly to the side as I watch a ball for 3 whole crawling strides before sticking my arm out to the left to grab a ball.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I guess you could say he deliberately didn't mean to put his arm in front of the ball and stop it, but then I wouldn't call that "bad luck".;)
Bad luck for you guys,

See this one is a stonewall penalty.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Obviously you do care to some degree as you're one of our rivals and you're sat on our board commenting about it. Your evidence for your point is that the referee and VAR back you up, as if the referee and VAR have a near perfect accuracy for getting calls correct. You've also intentionally misrepresented the situation to suit your argument. The player crawls 3 yards looking at the ball and hand balls it, he doesn't fall on it, it's quite obvious what he's done. For the record, hundreds of people disagree:
I've said this before and if you read any of my posts you'd see I'd prefer to see United do well than alot of the other top English clubs. The only one here with clear bias is United fans. He glances at the ball then the ground. He's not clearly looking at the ball. Like I said it the ref deemed it deliberate I don't think it'd be overturned either (though I would call it harsh). I genuinely think this happens in the other box and you guys agree with me.

The amount of people that do or don't is irrelevant, you implied I should change my view because of people on hte caf, I was just saying I'm not the only one to come to said conclusion.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Bad luck for you guys,

See this one is a stonewall penalty.
No you said bad luck for him, because of the implication that he would be punished for an unintentional handball. I'm saying people like you giving him that credit is incredibly lucky for him, because if you review the footage you can see he did mean to stop the ball. He made it look accidental to fool you but there is nothing natural about it. If his body isn't under control because of speed, how does he know to put his hand down exactly in front of the direction of the ball while he should be thinking about protecting his face :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Earlier Bruno got taken down and he played advantage while Sancho was surrounded by 2 or 3 Arsenal players. Where's the advantage?

Now that foul on Elanga?

padr81

Supports
Man City
No you said bad luck for him, because of the implication that he would be punished for an unintentional handball. I'm saying people like you giving him that credit is incredibly lucky for him, because if you review the footage you can see he did mean to stop the ball. He made it look accidental to fool you but there is nothing natural about it. If his body isn't under control because of speed, how does he know to put his hand down exactly in front of the direction of the ball while he should be thinking about protecting his face :lol:
He's using his hands to stop himself face planting. You guys aren't going to remove the United tinted glasses but it will be interesting to see ref's views on this.

Berbasbullet

He's using his hands to stop himself face planting. You guys aren't going to remove the United tinted glasses but it will be interesting to see ref's views on this.
He had already done that! He then decided to gallop along the floor to defend Sancho in the box, how are you not getting this?

padr81

Supports
Man City
He had already done that! He then decided to gallop along the floor to defend Sancho in the box, how are you not getting this?
Because thats not what I or the referee saw. The idea he intentionally did some kind of monkey walk to defend the ball is way more far fetched than couldn't get to his feet.

Berbasbullet

Because thats not what I or the referee saw. The idea he intentionally did some kind of monkey walk to defend the ball is way more far fetched than couldn't get to his feet.
What are you on about you can see him crawling to keep up with Sancho. He had already fallen over.

It goes from falling to crawling when he uses his left arm to push himself into a crawl

cyberman

He has already fallen over. He is crawling to keep up with Sancho so the falling excuse doesn’t apply.

Silverman

How can anyone say Cedric incident was not a handball :lol:
When I fall, I don't tend to flick my hand backwards.

padr81

Supports
Man City
He has already fallen over. He is crawling to keep up with Sancho so the falling excuse doesn’t apply.
He falls onto his arms tries to get up and run but can't so goes onto his arms again, Its happened many times to most people who trip while running and try to keep going.

I mean you guys aren't going to see it from my point of view nor me from yours but I think most ref's will use the same explanation I'm trying to (badly explained by me maybe) when asked why it wasn't given.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
That's how he fooled you. He probably could have accidentally banged your wife and as long as he took a fall as you arrived you'd be fine with it.

Berbasbullet

He falls onto his arms tries to get up and run but can't so goes onto his arms again, Its happened many times to most people who trip while running and try to keep going.

I mean you guys aren't going to see it from my point of view nor me from yours but I think most ref's will use the same explanation I'm trying to (badly explained by me maybe) when asked why it wasn't given.
Feel like you need to agree to disagree with everyone. :D