Crazy Driver at Tesco

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
should let them just get away.. let the police catch them and charge them.
Presumably also charging the chap smashing the car with a trolly as his mate is punching the window shouting "get out" as well as that must class as criminal damage?

Suspect the laywer will end up arguing that is what caused the driver to panic and flee the scene of an accident

Last edited:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just a bizarre and shocking clip.

So many questions. Not limited to..
  • How has the situation got to a point where the car is just sat there with a gang of angries round them. Why hasn't the car already sped off?
  • Why does someone open the door, then do nothing? Ok there may not be keys, but if you've seen someone smash someone over, why not have a go at smashing the driver. He won't exactly be armed sat driving.
  • Why does the old bloke shut the door?! He's basically aided their escape.
  • Why are they doing useless things like ramming a trolley into a door, or smashing the back window? Why not smash the front screen or windows if you're trying to unsettle or stop them?
Just so bizarre.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Presumably also charging the chap smashing the car with a trolly as his mate is punching the window shouting "get out" as well as that must class as criminal damage?

Suspect the laywer will end up arguing that is what caused the driver to panic and flee the scene or an accident
Yeah, never understood the vigilante mob justice trying to catch people. Did the public block the way by parking a car on the driveway? Beyond ridiculous that is..

kidbob

I used to work in Tesco when I was younger. One time the security locked a shop lifter into the office while waiting for the Gardai. I'm pretty sure all Tesco have that shit panelled roofing and when they went to get him he had climbing into the roof and was crawling around in the space above the shop. We were half expecting him to drop down randomly at any stage. Guy was a hero.

Another time our security guard had crossed some travellers over a deal and they stormed the shop to beat him up. Heard a commotion at the front door and next thing me and some workmates are in a fist fight trying to get them out the door. Actually by some miracle I done a fantastic pull counter to my opponent that nobody seen (don't know if he would have made the 10 count under normal rules). Got them out the door and locked the shop with customers inside. The poor security guard had to be held back as he watched them wreck his car. My mate who I played GAA with, who was an absolute animal, was going mad saying he would go out and kill them all because they has chosen 30 minutes before we went home to pull this shit.

This shit is crazy but Tesco (and I assume other stores) constantly have this sort of mad shit happen.

Anyway be nice to retail staff because no matter how bad you day is going they usually have had a much worse one.

hobbers

Whoever opens the door and then shuts it again is an idiot. Assumed when someone was saying "leave them in there" they'd at least had the sense to take the key out. Mind you I guess they might have been threatened with a weapon or whatever when the door was open.

Watching the video not knowing it's a scumbag thief trying to escape I was like "if this is a psychotic episode what the feck is that idiot with the trolley thinking he's gonna accomplish?" :lol:

I'm sure even if the police catch up to this cnut he'll be eligible to drive again within a year or two :rolleyes:

Dante

Average bang
A getaway driver who broke a woman's back when she rammed into her in a supermarket car park has been jailed.

Lucy Turner, 32, sent shop worker Danielle Wood sprawling over the bonnet as she drove into shoppers outside Tesco in Rickmansworth on 23 December.

They tried to block the car with their trolleys as Turner attempted to drive off with stolen alcohol.

She was jailed for three years and two months for offences including causing serious injury by dangerous driving.

Turner, from Borehamwood, also pleaded guilty to two charges of theft, attempted theft, using a vehicle without insurance, driving while disqualified, failing to stop and failing to report a collision.

St Albans Crown Court heard Turner was the getaway driver as her accomplices - a man and woman - stole £174 worth of alcohol.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-47613156

The driver got convicted earlier.

3 years for breaking somebody's back seems a little light, imo. It could have easily been murder given that it was intentional.

Precaution

If only Watford Dave was there to protect her (local hero of sorts)

Seriously though, that lass looks like a right stand up character to the community, cant say i ever bumped into her whilst there but lot of dregs around that part of town.

I'm not sure if it was intentional to mow her down personally, the driver just wanted to bumper car her way out via any means necessary unfortunately the Tesco worker (Lucy) was in the way, however i find that abit odd...i don't see her getting hit at any point or anyone for that matter going over the bonnet, unless it happened before the video started or off camera?

pascell

Tarrou

What came over the people trying to stop them? They had stolen a bit booze be fecked if I’d get into an altercation with a couple of low-life’s for that. You’re putting your life on the line for fookin Tesco? Okay mate.

lynchie

What came over the people trying to stop them? They had stolen a bit booze be fecked if I’d get into an altercation with a couple of low-life’s for that. You’re putting your life on the line for fookin Tesco? Okay mate.
The video's after she's knocked down the tesco employee and broken her back. So they're trying to stop someone they've just seen attempt to murder someone. Which seems reasonable.

Punishments for driving offences are ridiculous. Tried to kill someone while already banned from driving? Sure, you can drive again in 5 years time. I'm sure you'll be a totally safe driver by then.

Tarrou

The video's after she's knocked down the tesco employee and broken her back. So they're trying to stop someone they've just seen attempt to murder someone. Which seems reasonable.

Punishments for driving offences are ridiculous. Tried to kill someone while already banned from driving? Sure, you can drive again in 5 years time. I'm sure you'll be a totally safe driver by then.
okay that makes more sense, cheers

TheReligion

Abusive
Based on my experience of the police managing to resolve or solve absolutely nothing in my life time, I'm guessing the driver will say she forgot to buy the alcohol....all the xmas stress...and was then attacked by a lynch mob and had no choice but to flee for her life....

Case for criminal damage....unproven!
She got 3 years in prison.

Awkward!

Dave89

Awkward!
Great, I'll be back later with numerous examples of police telling victims of dangerous drivers, with evidence, to bugger off. Hopefully you can solve the cases for us.

Dave89

Awkward!
So turns out they can solve crime when the spotlight is on...I'll be sure to report all future issues to the papers so that maybe they can do the job that we as tax payers pay them to do.
https://road.cc/content/news/234102...lmed-knocking-cyclist-bike-and-assaulting-him

https://road.cc/content/news/217950...list-bike-wasnt-prosecuted-despite-helmet-cam

https://road.cc/content/news/129663...ondon-cyclist-group-punch-despite-numberplate

decorativeed

Good thing she only attempted murder, and didn't show some people some football
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...7-years-over-illegal-premier-league-streaming
Yep, upset the big corporations and there's a long sentence, repeatedly commit motoring offenses and cause injury, and it's a slap on the wrist in comparison. There's a strong public desire to see our justice system looked at so that we have a degree of fairness, but we've been so consumed by Brexit and the Tory austerity agenda (that's only led to an increase in these anti-social crimes) for the last decade that there's been no pressure on politicians to act on it. The likes of Sky can devote money to lobbying for these sentences, which I'm sure contributes to the huge disparity.

TheReligion

Abusive
Great, I'll be back later with numerous examples of police telling victims of dangerous drivers, with evidence, to bugger off. Hopefully you can solve the cases for us.
So turns out they can solve crime when the spotlight is on...I'll be sure to report all future issues to the papers so that maybe they can do the job that we as tax payers pay them to do.
Good thing she only attempted murder, and didn't show some people some football
https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...7-years-over-illegal-premier-league-streaming
Without being condescending I'm not quite sure you grasp the criminal justice system and the role of the police. Not only that I doubt you are aware how incidents are screened to establish if they should be investigated in line with cost and public interest (due to the need to prioritise following cuts etc)

Dave89

Without being condescending I'm not quite sure you grasp the criminal justice system and the role of the police. Not only that I doubt you are aware how incidents are screened to establish if they should be investigated in line with cost and public interest (due to the need to prioritise following cuts etc)
I'm at a loss as to how the police deemed none of the assaults I linked worthy of further investigation, given the evidence in all of them. Whenever they do have the resources to prosecute someone using the shared path they're entitled to use: https://road.cc/content/news/257743...shared-use-path?amp&__twitter_impression=true

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm at a loss as to how the police deemed none of the assaults I linked worthy of further investigation, given the evidence in all of them. Whenever they do have the resources to prosecute someone using the shared path they're entitled to use: https://road.cc/content/news/257743...shared-use-path?amp&__twitter_impression=true
Solvability factors do play a part in such decisions but they aren't the only considerations to be had when deciding whether to continue with an investigation.

RE the article you posted I'm not sure why the rider bothered sending that video to the Met. They are currently trying to tackle the highest murder rate London has seen, and play a part in the national knife crime epidemic. I'm sure they couldn't care less about 'an aggressive close pass'.

Let's be realistic.