Cricket Sheep Draft: Group B matches

Who'll win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Interval

Level
So, mighty apologies for the delay. I was/ am horribly busy at work and @KM has lost his shit after the last few weeks of football results. I don't blame him (fkin Origi)

Voters are to decide as to which TWO of these 3 teams will qualify to the next round.

You may consider a variety of pitches when choosing who will win not giving due weight to either batting or bowling.

Team @harshad:
1. G Greenidge
2. R Sharma
3. A Khurasiya
4. M Clarke
5. M Hussey
6. Imran Khan
7. A Carrey (WK)
8. P Reiffel
9. M Kasprowicz
10. J Garner
11. Y Chahal

Team @MJJ:
1. VVS Laxman
2. J Charles
3. K Sangakarra
4. Inzamam Ul Haq
5. K Pietersen
6. C Hooper
7. Moin Khan (WK)
8. Shakib Al Hasan
9. S Akhtar
10. C Vaas
11. S Ajmal

Team @crappycraperson:
1. D Warner
2. S Watson
3. S Smith
4. Md Yousuf
5. Shai Hope (WK)
6. A Rayadu
7. H Pandya
8. B Lee
9. S Warne
10. S Bond
11. J Kirtley

@KM kind enough to put a poll up

Interval

Level
Team Harshad

Why I will win :
- Great Openers who compliment the playing style of each other.
- Solid middle order batsmen who can consolidate and build in case of a top order collapse or build on the foundation laid by the top order
- A goat bowler leading the attack with Iman Khan to support him.
- Both Reiffel and Kasprowicz are quite economical
- A decent spinner i
n Chahal who is quite underrated, with Clarke to support him.

Team Crappy

Batting - Top 4 is super solid. Warner and Watson both proven ODI openers with big innings to their names. Smith, one of the best batsmen of modern generation, has some great ODI innings to his name. Yousuf of course an all time Pakistani great. Lower order is cemented by Shai hope who has an excellent record for Windies and Hardik Pandya, who is India's best all rounder since Kapil Dev. Even Rayadu has a 45+ average in ODIs for India. Warne and Lee can both bat and help the top order if required.

Bowling - Warne will lead the bowling with support of Lee and Bond. That 3 of all time great ODI bowlers. Kirtley as a sheep is an eye sore but good thing is that side has 2 all rounders in Watson and Pandya who can not only fulfil 5th bowler quota but also fill Kirtley's quota. Not to mention Smith is also a very handy part time bowler to chip in with 3-4 overs.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I think Crappy has the best team of the three. Kumar one down is a feather in MJJ's cap, particularly as harshad is noticeably weak there, but I think Khurasiya is carried by class players either side of him while I worry about MJJ's batting aside from his 3-4-5 (I like Al Hasan but I think he should come in higher, ahead of Moin Khan).

MJJ I think has the better unit of bowlers, and I'm a big fan of Vaas, but Garner is one of the very best ODI bowlers, Imran is quality and as harshad says he has some decent economical foil and a good spinner (though I prefer Ajmal) so he holds his own in the bowling department for me.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
I think Crappy has the best team of the three. Kumar one down is a feather in MJJ's cap, particularly as harshad is noticeably weak there, but I think Khurasiya is carried by class players either side of him while I worry about MJJ's batting aside from his 3-4-5 (I like Al Hasan but I think he should come in higher, ahead of Moin Khan).

MJJ I think has the better unit of bowlers, and I'm a big fan of Vaas, but Garner is one of the very best ODI bowlers, Imran is quality and as harshad says he has some decent economical foil and a good spinner (though I prefer Ajmal) so he holds his own in the bowling department for me.
Thanks. Think my bowling is way better than both. Warne, Bond and Lee is a class trio for ODIs. Between Mjj and Harshad, I think latter has better balance of batsmen in terms of positions. Laxman is a band aid for his opening issue. Also thought his Hooper sheep pick was rescinded? Shakib at 8 is wasted as a batsman.

Mani

Better if Sheep’s are highlighted in bold,all three teams with sheep’s and it’s difficult two choose two.

Mani

Isn't that the point, though? How well the teams have blended in the supposedly poorer players?
Sheep is obvious weakness,team with more than once sheep shouldn't go through imo.since this been played after some time of the original draft I find it difficult to identify sheep's from the team above plus few unfamiler players,anyway gone with two teams I find it balanced well with sheep in them.