Cricket

zing

Zingle balls
Warner 335. Didn't go for the record - declared after passing Bradman..

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Should have let him bat out the session and given him a fair crack at the record. It's not like they won't win the match comfortably.

As for Pakistan, feck me they're in dire straits. Whoever decided to give all this responsibility to a complete novice like Misbah is more clueless than Woodward.

Cloud7

Should have let him bat out the session and given him a fair crack at the record. It's not like they won't win the match comfortably.

As for Pakistan, feck me they're in dire straits. Whoever decided to give all this responsibility to a complete novice like Misbah is more clueless than Woodward.
Having the not out next to the score makes it look so much better. Perhaps Warner himself didn’t want to keep it going much longer after this point? I can’t imagine how much concentration and mental fortitude it takes to stand out there and rack up a score like that. Perhaps there was concern, even on his part, that his focus might wane?

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This. Since he’s taken over the performances have nosedived & the team selections have been all over the place. He’s undoing all the good work Arthur had done.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Having the not out next to the score makes it look so much better. Perhaps Warner himself didn’t want to keep it going much longer after this point? I can’t imagine how much concentration and mental fortitude it takes to stand out there and rack up a score like that. Perhaps there was concern, even on his part, that his focus might wane?
Warner looked tired as but i do think there is also a very much still a we must respect Bradman when we can attitude to our test side.

And also Warner as much as a dickhead he is probaby did not want to beat Lara's record.

Skills

Snitch
Yasir Shah should open the batting. That way, Pakistan can keep him away from the ball as well.

Sandyman

Warner looked tired as but i do think there is also a very much still a we must respect Bradman when we can attitude to our test side.

And also Warner as much as a dickhead he is probaby did not want to beat Lara's record.
Normally I would agree it's very selfish and probably putting your personal glory ahead of the team. But, the Aussies were going at above 4.5 runs per over and Warner had a strike rate of 80. Just think that another 15 - 20 overs would have done the trick without affecting the outcome of the game by that much.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I'm not even kidding but how the feck does Musa Khan get into the team? Looks rubbish. Naseem Shah atleast look talented. Did they just pick bowlers on their pace or something.

Pakistan keep on selecting people like Hasnain and Musa just on their pace and nothing else.

Djemba-Djemba

Very sad about Bob Willis, he was always really funny on the Sky Debate shows.

Too young to ever see him as a player but I've obviously watched his famous Ashes 81 miracle bowling performance plenty of times on Youtube and when they replay it on TV.

RIP

ha_rooney

Damn, will miss listening to his opinions. RIP.

Dobba

Sky Sports' coverage of cricket just got a whole lot shitter. One of the few good things about England being crap for large parts of the last 2 decades was knowing Bob would rip them to shreds the second someone dared stick a microphone near him.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Sky Sports' coverage of cricket just got a whole lot shitter. One of the few good things about England being crap for large parts of the last 2 decades was knowing Bob would rip them to shreds the second someone dared stick a microphone near him.
Right? He was so unbiased as well and was a real pleasure to listen to on commentary. Easily one of my favourites even though I disliked his overly critical ways when I was younger. Will be sorely missed.

Djemba-Djemba

He really was a brilliant pundit. Although he could be very very critical, and most of the time I agreed with him, if another pundit had a good argument he would concede. He didn't just shout over them or ignore what they were saying.

He wasn't just being controversial for the sake of it and by the look of all the tributes being paid to him it seems he was good, decent man away from cricket too.

starman

Some places are saying he died of a long illness others saying short :confused:

I dont watch or follow cricket as i used to but watched the ashes, iirc wasn't he on the debate shows most days? If it was him, he looked really healthy to me.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Many of my earliest childhood memories of cricket involve teams including Bob Willis. Memories that even outdate SAF at Manchester United.

Was an amazing bowler, humble captain and often a brilliant commentator. Certainly a blessed and rich life he lived. He’ll be greatly missed by many in the game in all cricket loving countries.

May he rest in peace. Amin.

Skills

Snitch
I put it to the caf: While it is perfectly possible to have a grotesque batting style (Steve Smith, Chanderpaul) and be considered a great player, there are almost no examples of bowlers with disgusting actions becoming great.
Muralitharan?

Himannv

I put it to the caf: While it is perfectly possible to have a grotesque batting style (Steve Smith, Chanderpaul) and be considered a great player, there are almost no examples of bowlers with disgusting actions becoming great.
If we're talking about fast bowlers, I found Proctor's action to be really ugly to watch for most part. Thomson, Lindwall, and Malinga all look a bit awkward if you don't like slingers.

Croft is also not one for the purists as he bowls either too close to the umpire or he's at the other end of the spectrum and almost out of the crease. His action was quite strange but looked really menacing and deadly to me. It's like he's almost veering out of control and also aiming for the batsman's head.

Griffith looked weird and made you think he was throwing when he bowled. He's not as good as the others I mentioned though.

ha_rooney

Great to see Test match cricket back in Pakistan.

Misbah continues to show his genius by dropping Yasir & going with no spinner. I’m pretty sure he’s trolling the PCB now with these selections.

JohnnyKills

Great to see Test match cricket back in Pakistan.

Misbah continues to show his genius by dropping Yasir & going with no spinner. I’m pretty sure he’s trolling the PCB now with these selections.
Didn't Yasir average about 200 runs per wicket in Australia though?

ha_rooney

Didn't Yasir average about 200 runs per wicket in Australia though?
He was awful there, but different conditions & he’s much better on sub-continent wickets. Going with 4 seamers in Rawalpindi after playing the spinners in Australia is illogical, you’d have thought it would be the other way around.

JohnnyKills

He was awful there, but different conditions & he’s much better on sub-continent wickets. Going with 4 seamers in Rawalpindi after playing the spinners in Australia is illogical, you’d have thought it would be the other way around.
Yeah, very strange, agreed.

freeurmind

weak willed
Graeme Smith the new director of cricket for the Proteas. Mark Boucher is the new coach. Kallis the new batting coach and Ashwell Prince to lead the A side. SA cricket is an absolute mess but hopefully Biff can sort things out.

Cloud7

We're being fecking massacred here. Pretty sure our batting is gonna collapse trying to chase this as well.

JohnnyKills

Bumrah?