Cricket

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I put it to the caf: While it is perfectly possible to have a grotesque batting style (Steve Smith, Chanderpaul) and be considered a great player, there are almost no examples of bowlers with disgusting actions becoming great.
Malinga is an ODI great and Murali is a cheat :wenger:

Skills

Snitch
Cummins is a great signing for KKR. Not sure about David Miller for the Royals though.
Is he?

Cummins is a quality test bowler, but his LO record is just above average IMO. Don't think the price reflects the LO player they're getting.

JohnnyKills

Is he?

Cummins is a quality test bowler, but his LO record is just above average IMO. Don't think the price reflects the LO player they're getting.
To be fair most of the top players are overpriced aren't they. There's definitely a hype tax in the IPL.

madRedDevil07

No dedicated thread for big bash league ? Maxwell and Carey have been outstanding so far this season which bodes well for Australia in WT20 next summer.

freeurmind

weak willed
Smith, Faf and co have dropped Bavuma despite this meaning SA will not meet the quota for black players in this match. Well overdue, his selection was becoming more and more of a joke. Faf's "we don't see colour" comments won't go down well with many but I think this move will be better for SA cricket in the long run.

Skills

Snitch
New Zealand have been dreadful this series. Their mental block against the Aussies is quite something. The top order have butchered them

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Warner pisses me off. Gets absolutely slaughtered in the Ashes, comes back here against some woeful bowling attacks on some pitches that could otherwise be described as a "road" scores a shit load of runs and the commentators big him up.... feck off with that, the little scrote is the epitome of a flat track bully.

Skills

Snitch
Warner pisses me off. Gets absolutely slaughtered in the Ashes, comes back here against some woeful bowling attacks on some pitches that could otherwise be described as a "road" scores a shit load of runs and the commentators big him up.... feck off with that, the little scrote is the epitome of a flat track bully.
A good one tbf. He butchers attacks in Australia and gives their bowlers enough time to bowl out teams on those roads.

Skills

Snitch
India's management and decision makers (I'm including Kohli in this) must be amongst the stupidest people in the game.

They have the best ODI batsman in the world, and they've now decided to hide him at 4. Kohli batting for 30 overs is going to win you far more games than Rohit, Rahul or Dhawan. Even in the world cup their strategy was idiotic, by letting the openers plod through the power plays and then eat up most of the overs. They've gone one step further now. It's about as stupid as Chappell sticking Tendulkar at 4.

Moby

Dick
India's management and decision makers (I'm including Kohli in this) must be amongst the stupidest people in the game.
They've already cost us one world cup, and look set to waste this tremendous generation of talent with continuous braindead decisions.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Everyone goes after the management but I think that India just don't have as strong an odi core as people believe. The team is good with a few superstars but there are a lot of weaknesses and that's why it's hard for them to dominate world cricket

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Everyone goes after the management but I think that India just don't have as strong an odi core as people believe. The team is good with a few superstars but there are a lot of weaknesses and that's why it's hard for them to dominate world cricket
As an England/West Indies fan I'm not sure there are weaknesses really, loads of great options for me. The only thing I can think of is a slight lack of elite quality power finishers.

What weaknesses are you thinking of?

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
As an England/West Indies fan I'm not sure there are weaknesses really, loads of great options for me. The only thing I can think of is a slight lack of elite quality power finishers.

What weaknesses are you thinking of?
Well for starters they have absolutely no middle order batsmen . Most of the new guys have a lot of hype about them but very little performance to back it . Indian batting beyond the openers and Kohli is just very average. Also the lack of bowling options among the batsmen means they have to play they are playing 5 bowlers and most of their frontline bowlers are genuine tailenders with the bat which means that someone like shardul plays as a bowler . Before the world cup the management could be blamed for not giving players chances but they are correcting that now . Now because of the likes of Kohli,Rohit ,Dhawan and Bumrah this team is obviously going to compete in most games /series but it's not a team that's vastly superior to England or Australia in any way

kotha

They've already cost us one world cup, and look set to waste this tremendous generation of talent with continuous braindead decisions.
What can be say when the captain himself wanks for Ravi Shastri as coach..

zing

Zingle balls

What is Starc doing on this list? Dropped for all the matches that matter, and back in to blow away some weak opposition(being a little harsh on NZ, admittedly).

Checking stats..

Starc 42 wickets, average of 20 versus Shami who has 33 wickets, average of 16.

Ishant has been bowling as well - but played fewer matches.. just 6(but that seems enough to get Wagner in who has played only 6).

Agree with rest of the picks.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
What is Starc doing on this list? Dropped for all the matches that matter, and back in to blow away some weak opposition(being a little harsh on NZ, admittedly).

Checking stats..

Starc 42 wickets, average of 20 versus Shami who has 33 wickets, average of 16.

Ishant has been bowling as well - but played fewer matches.. just 6(but that seems enough to get Wagner in who has played only 6).

Agree with rest of the picks.
I don't mind the Starc inclusion that much, but yeah, I do think he's a bit on the expensive side even though he usually gets wickets - he's probably second to none when it comes to wiping out the tail. But he's a good partner to someone more controlled and accurate, like Cummins. Would be interesting to see Starc's averages against the top order vs that against the lower order.

I haven't really followed NZ closely but I don't recall Latham's average being that high during the year (50.1 in 2019 and 42.4 overall average), to warrant him a starting spot. I'm surprised.

zing

Zingle balls
Haven't caught much of this series.. great batting on show. Two of the best ODI players ever.

zing

Zingle balls
This batting lineup is the best we've had in a long while.

Great bench strength. Should've been the team that went to the WC.

AshRK

Wonderful series and India again shows it's strength. Shreyas Iyer could be the answer to the middle order woes. He has to be persisted with. Kohli and Rohit are amazing to watch when in full flow. Bowling looks good with Bumrah back again to his best.

Australia again prove why they are still the toughest opponents to play against. Overall a great series.

Mr.Ridiculous__

The name says it all
An in form Virat and Rohit would have blunted the best Aussie attacks of their day. Those two are just that good I feel

NM

An in form Virat and Rohit would have blunted the best Aussie attacks of their day. Those two are just that good I feel
Not if they were playing on the more sporting tracks of the time. They mostly play on roads, and while Kohli is amongst the greats, Rohit has shown to literally be a flat track bully.. Ball movement and he's gone

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Not if they were playing on the more sporting tracks of the time. They mostly play on roads, and while Kohli is amongst the greats, Rohit has shown to literally be a flat track bully.. Ball movement and he's gone
That "flat track bully" is literally applicable to 99.9% of the batsman in the world right now.

NM

That "flat track bully" is literally applicable to 99.9% of the batsman in the world right now.
Yes it is, but that doesn't change what I said about Rohit

Skills

Snitch
I don't like what India try to do with KL Rahul at the top of the order. He's not Dhawan or Rohit, his best quality to smack the ball and giving him the power plays should make him even more effective.

He should be asked to go out there and take on the bowling. Let Rohit and Kohli build the innings after the initial flurry.

sport2793

I've seen Rohit play well in tough conditions recently, what you say here was true several years ago.

Skills

Snitch
1.Rahul (WK)
2.Rohit
3.Kohli
4.Iyer
7.Pandya
8.Jadeja
9.Shami
10.Yadav
11. Bumrah

5/6 spots are open but that's the team India should be backing for the next few years. India basically need a Raina and Yuvraj to fill that gap - players who can bowl a bit and smack it out of the park. Anyone coming through?

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked
Watching u19 World Cup. Jadon Seales will be playing international cricket very soon.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Only caught the last few overs of India-NZ, but that was brilliant... going to a super over.