Cricket

Fiskey

Can't stop thinking about David Nugent's hot naked

Is Division 2 really as bad as being made out in the comments in this thread? Who are some players who've been selected in the basis of division 2 performance for the national team?

I know Labuschagne played there and made 1,000 runs.. any English players recently?
I tried to put a bet on Reece Topley playing for England this year but couldn't find a bookie who would take it. If he's got he certainly plays, looked like he'd put on a couple mph when I saw him last year as well.

zing

Zingle balls
NZ well on top. Anyone else watching? @KM @Di Maria's angel @crappycraperson

Rahane is playing well. I did not catch the first two days of play.

Being 1-0 down in a 2 test series is a bit crap..

In other news, Jammu & Kashmir might get a first innings lead in the Ranji quarter final against Karnataka.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Nah, can't find the time to watch this. We're a bit shit, to be honest. Get whooped 3-0 in the ODIs and now being slapped by a New Zealand team that has been largely poor for a while. I had hoped we could have hit the heights of the Aussie team that won 16 on the trot but don't we ever will. We're just not dominant at all. Absolutely disgusting seeing them, for the 1000th time, score runs at the tail end.

MDFC Manager

The colour of this pitch :D may as well have played on the outfield.

Nah, can't find the time to watch this. We're a bit shit, to be honest. Get whooped 3-0 in the ODIs and now being slapped by a New Zealand team that has been largely poor for a while. I had hoped we could have hit the heights of the Aussie team that won 16 on the trot but don't we ever will. We're just not dominant at all. Absolutely disgusting seeing them, for the 1000th time, score runs at the tail end.
Our batting is shite. Absolutely spineless.

zing

Zingle balls
Possibly a slightly controversial opinion - Rahane should be dropped or be in contention with Vihari for one spot. We need a better #5.

He is just not reliable to consistently score runs or put up big scores. Not a good enough #5.

He plays great innings but is extremely inconsistent.

zing

Zingle balls
ffs

Vihari, Pant and Jadeja.. still got 100 in us I think.

AshRK

Possibly a slightly controversial opinion - Rahane should be dropped or be in contention with Vihari for one spot. We need a better #5.

He is just not reliable to consistently score runs or put up big scores. Not a good enough #5.

He plays great innings but is extremely inconsistent.
Not at all controversial. He has been far too inconsistent and disappointed when needed the most.

Skills

Snitch
That's another shockingly poor away series for Pujara. Kohli's poor form will take the limelight, but Pujara really is dreadful on anything but flat/spinning decks.

His average on Australian flat decks rescues what would be a dreadful record outside of Asia.

Then if you look at his S/R in India and Australia, does he really offer enough value on those flatter decks?

Di Maria's angel

Yeah Pujara and Rahane could easily be dropped - we've got plenty of decent batsmen waiting to take their place. Rohit, Rahul and Gill could take up the vacant positions.

@zing I agree with you - another 80 or 90 runs and we're still in with a very good chance of drawing the series.

zing

Zingle balls
That's another shockingly poor away series for Pujara. Kohli's poor form will take the limelight, but Pujara really is dreadful on anything but flat/spinning decks.

His average on Australian flat decks rescues what would be a dreadful record outside of Asia.

Then if you look at his S/R in India and Australia, does he really offer enough value on those flatter decks?
He was dropped and came back to the side in 2018, after which he has done well away in patches.

Averages 75 in Australia and 39 in England. Rest were/have been mediocre.

The Australia series - his batting was one of the best I've seen from an Indian batsman away from home. All their bowlers were fit and played throughout, and he batted brilliantly.

I think he has a very stop-start international season and that doesn't help him. This year, for example, his next test match is in November. Between then and now, he has signed up for county cricket for 6 matches and literally does not play anything else. Domestic cricket starts in December, so he won't be part of that.

AshRK

What a shit show of a tour for India. The attitude looked shambolic since the ODI series. What else would you expect when your captain after losing the 2nd Odi said this year is about T20s so I wouldn't put too much focus on the ODIs. It translated to his batting too.

That was one of our worst showing in test matches. At least in Eng and SA we put in a decent fight and could and should have won more than one test but here we didn't deserve anything. All the attention now will be put on Shaw, Agarwal and Pant and the likes of Rahane will still be playing in middle order and stinking the place.

Di Maria's angel

Shit series. Huge disappointment. We're a bang average away team. I go back on what I said a year ago, had Smith and Warner been available in 2018, we'd have been battered.

AshRK

Shit series. Huge disappointment. We're a bang average away team. I go back on what I said a year ago, had Smith and Warner been available in 2018, we'd have been battered.
I think every team is a bang average team when travelling. I still think we were really crap in this series and put up a decent show when we toured Eng and SA. Had we put in that effort we could have drawn the series. This was our worst showing in years. Wouldn't be over critical but there are some major concerns with our batting.

NinjaFletch

Hey looks like rain may ruin a tournament in Australia. Guess they shouldn't be allowed to host either hey? ;)

paulscholes18

Not that England are going to get any sympathy from other countries due to how they won the World Cup
But for the Ladies to lose a SF without playing just shouldn’t be allowed to happen.

zing

Zingle balls
Not that England are going to get any sympathy from other countries due to how they won the World Cup
But for the Ladies to lose a SF without playing just shouldn’t be allowed to happen.
They're unrelated events and it sucks for the English women's team. Stupid planning to not have a reserve day.

Someone like Michael Vaughan writing articles on how it's a disgrace is just laughable given England won it off the back off a fluky deflection off Stokes' bat and a bizarre rule, and he was celebrating that.

AshRK

English fans and Indian fans and others too can continue to mock each other but the truth is ICC has once again proven they are incompetent and sh*t themselves whenever there is a big tournament. I keep on saying Cricket as a game has all the scope to grow and entertain many but with this incompetent board I doubt whether it can grow.

Di Maria's angel

It's dumb. No doubt about it. However, it did provide the emphasis of finishing top in the group stages.

zing

Zingle balls
40 mins to the final of the women's World Cup. Anyone on here going to be watching?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Healy has gone berserk ffs.
Love watching her bat. She's got the three fastest 50s in this tournament. She's easily my favorite women's cricketer.Watched her last year hit 148 against Sri Lanka in a T20. When on song she is a joy to watch.

iKnowNothing

South Africa are in India to play a few ODIs. At a time when this Covid-19 stuff is spreading so much, it feels incredibly selfish of the two boards to let the games go on. The fit+rich players may not have a problem but the fans might not be lucky enough to receive world class treatment.

JohnnyKills

George Dobell saying on Cricinfo that he thinks the Hundred will be scrapped now.

Here's hoping...

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
End of an era. The most influential cricketer in the post T20 era. One of the all time greats.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Great player. One of the few players in world cricket that I’d pay to watch, even as an opposition fan.

I’m guessing he’ll play a few more years IPL.