Cricket

dbs235

England's batting power is utterly insane. So enjoyable I hope it doesn't end any time soon.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
England destroyed South Africa there, this was the most comprehensive win as well.

NinjaFletch

Oooh blimely, that's some knock from Malan. South Africa paying for their passivity in the middle overs.

YAMS49

Nothing better than quietening the South African commentators. Not quite as cocky as a few days ago. Lovely stuff.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
They made that chase look so easy. Very impressive series performance.

dbs235

Rabada out of the ODIs with a groin injury although England are resting some players including Archer and Stokes.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Putting aside Malans fantastic knock it’s worth noting Rashid went for 5 an over in a batting performance where they put on 191. Could easily be looking at 210 if he’d leaked runs like the rest of them.

Skills

Snitch
Having a 6th bowling option is what makes England so dangerous. Both the Curran's were having a poor game but England managed to hide 3 of their overs with Stokes

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
Having a 6th bowling option is what makes England so dangerous. Both the Curran's were having a poor game but England managed to hide 3 of their overs with Stokes
I often forget that Stokes is a real all rounder. We all know he can bat but I often catch myself thinking he’s a batsman who can bowl a bit but he’s no part timer.

MUM

Great result, as de kock said ' they blew us away'.
Malan beltin.

dbs235

I often forget that Stokes is a real all rounder. We all know he can bat but I often catch myself thinking he’s a batsman who can bowl a bit but he’s no part timer.
I'm the same, I think of him as one of our batters who's good for a couple of overs of bowling to mix things up a bit.

Skills

Snitch
I'm not sure if you can rely on Stokes as a 5th bowler in LO cricket but he's an invaluable asset to have. It's inevitable a couple of your bowlers will have a bad day every once in a while, so having someone like Stokes there to just steal a couple of overs from them eases the pressure on the entire line up.

ha_rooney

1st ODI of SA v Eng postponed due to a positive Covid test in SA team. Game moved to Sunday.

zing

Zingle balls
India vs Aus A warmup match is shown on Sony six FYI for other Indians.

Had forgotten how much I love red ball cricket. Nice to watch and comms has been pleasant. Don’t know who the comms are but it’s been good. Kerry o’keefe is one I think.

have we got any Australians on here?

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
India vs Aus A warmup match is shown on Sony six FYI for other Indians.

Had forgotten how much I love red ball cricket. Nice to watch and comms has been pleasant. Don’t know who the comms are but it’s been good. Kerry o’keefe is one I think.

have we got any Australians on here?
Checking in.

Is nice to have cricket back and cold beers in the summer.

I dont expect much this series though with Kohli leaving after 1 test and expect some bland pitches.

MDFC Manager

Great platform for Pandya and Iyer to finish it off. Really good chase. Didn't think it would happen at the start of the innings.

ha_rooney

Managed to catch the end of the game, nice innings from Pandya & shot to win it. It’s fantastic they’ve got fans in the stadium. Sports is not the same without the fan atmosphere.

zing

Zingle balls
Pucovski hit on the head again. Has nearly 10 concussions apparently. It scares me that he continues playing.

AshRK

Selectors have to bring in kishan and suryakumar yadav to the t20 squad. Hopefully pandya starts bowling by the t20 wc comes. Sundar at 5 down is not going to work. Natarajan has been really good and has been a good find for India. Wonderful series overall.

NinjaFletch

So, Klaasen's test has come back negative now as have the two tests of England players who tested positive previously.

I can completely understand hyper vigilance, but that now means the tour has been called off over two positive tests in the hotel staff. Not sure that's the right balance if we want matches played in this world.

zing

Zingle balls
So Green is a 6’7” all rounder who is an elite batsman and bowls like that? It’s amazing how Australia continuously produce high quality all rounders.

@Cooksen what’ll the 11 be like? Burns, Harris, Labu, Smith, Head, Wade, Paine, Lyon,Cummins, Hazlewood,Starc/Pattinson?
Most of the main players seem to be skipping the warm up. The backup players look high class.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Yeah this Green guy seems insane.

Hows Bumrah managed 55 off 57? I reckon we're getting tonked this series.

zing

Zingle balls
Yeah this Green guy seems insane.

Hows Bumrah managed 55 off 57? I reckon we're getting tonked this series.
Batted surprisingly well.

I am optimistic but I am not sure how much of that is my bias.

This is the best batting we’ve had in awhile. Shame Kohli has to return after the first test.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

I'm sorry but that's horrendous team they've chosen. Shaw and Saha over Gill and Pant. Disgusting.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So Green is a 6’7” all rounder who is an elite batsman and bowls like that? It’s amazing how Australia continuously produce high quality all rounders.

@Cooksen what’ll the 11 be like? Burns, Harris, Labu, Smith, Head, Wade, Paine, Lyon,Cummins, Hazlewood,Starc/Pattinson?
Most of the main players seem to be skipping the warm up. The backup players look high class.
It will most likely be that just with Starc in (despite being in bad form all year imo) but I do think Green and Pattinson will get games later on in the series.

https://www.icc-cricket.com/awards/awards-of-the-decade/mens-player-of-the-decade

what does the caf think?
My choices on the men's awards -- I do not watch women's cricket
Player of the decade - Kohli
Test player of the decade - Anderson
ODI player of the decade - Rohit
T20 player of the decade - Gayle
Player of the Decade Kohli
Test Player Smith
ODI Dohni or Kohli
T20 Kohli

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

I'm sorry but that's horrendous team they've chosen. Shaw and Saha over Gill and Pant. Disgusting.
This is hilarious to be honest. Gill had a solid IPL and Pant has always been a solid test player.

Its a cowardly approach from India and Kohli. What on earth is the point of picking Saha? Hes not going to be around for much longer. Why can't we just be normal and show confidence in Pant?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Shaw out for a two ball duck. fecking typical.