Cricket

SinNombre

This is the one thing stopping Pant from becoming a nailed on selection, match situation constantly changes and players need to play accordingly.
Match awareness comes from being a nailed on selection and constantly playing, Stokes wasn't playing these innings when he was unsure about his selection either.

prateik

If Pant hadn't been silly, things would have been going pretty well.
Sharma threw it away before end of day yesterday.. Rahane at the start today. Pant before the new ball.. when being set would have been a huge advantage.. Jadeja injured.. this is going to be one of those annoying "what if" results.

AshRK

Match awareness comes from being a nailed on selection and constantly playing, Stokes wasn't playing these innings when he was unsure about his selection either.
Exactly. All these changing and chopping won't help anyone. Pant may be rash and immatured but he has shown enough to be selected in all the formats.

zing

Zingle balls
If Pant hadn't been silly, things would have been going pretty well.
Sharma threw it away before end of day yesterday.. Rahane at the start today. Pant before the new ball.. when being set would have been a huge advantage.. Jadeja injured.. this is going to be one of those annoying "what if" results.
nah it’s part of their game.You can’t cheer him in the 78th over for his shots and knock him in the 79th for getting out. Guys like him live and die by it - judge them on their averages.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
nah it’s part of their game.You can’t cheer him in the 78th over for his shots and knock him in the 79th for getting out. Guys like him live and die by it - judge them on their averages.
This.

It was a ridiculous innings by him and he's always gonna get play like this. He literally four boundaries in the previous ten balls playing the same type of cricket. He should be in the XI now irrespective of the circumstances.

Wtf happened to Vihari. How's he looking this useless?

prateik

it wasnt a great ball that got him.. taking unnecessary risks is never a smart idea.
Anyway.. with Pant, I get it.. that's what you get with him..

Sharma losing focus after getting his 50 is a different matter..
my point was, we are close enough now that its going to be the little things that will swing it. If we lose it.. we'll probably have some regrets.

jadeja padded up.. oh boy.

zing

Zingle balls
Jadeja is padded up. This team has spirit. Been decimated by injuries and competed at an incredible level.

mav_9me

Talking of missed opportunities, Rohit Sharmas dropped catch of Paine might be key too. Paine was in single digits at that time.

BTW how many overs are left?

Wittmann45

I don't watch cricket, and I have read some on the rules, but just for clarification, is the probability for a draw so high because in this match because time will run out/India will still have batsman available when the overs are done?

mav_9me

I don't watch cricket, and I have read some on the rules, but just for clarification, is the probability for a draw so high because in this match because time will run out/India will still have batsman available when the overs are done?
Yes. Either India gets the runs to wins or Australia gets the wickets to win. High likelihood of a result based on 44 overs left.

AshRK

Pujara was needed for win or draw. Big wicket for Australia. Now matter of time.

KM

This and Umesh Yadav injuries are reflection of poor fitness levels maybe?
Don't think Umesh Yadav is bad fitness wise. Vihari is surely useless. Can't even run. Can't bat.

Sanche7

Vihari has been a disappointment, hopefully he can put in a good performance. K L Rahul just returned to india with some injury if i'm not wrong. So i guess bring back Mayank and put Rohit at number 5/6? Valiant effort by India but I'm sure Rohit, Rahane and Pujara wouldn't be very pleased with the way they got out.

KM

Is Vihari exceptionally outstanding domestically? There’s nothing that suggests he’s earned his place, surely getting someone like Iyer in would be better.
Yeah he's got an exceptional record.

Iyer isn't enough good for test cricket in away matches. He's a Raina like weakness for short balls. He's good enough for home matches.

prateik

40 overs to play.. 240 balls.. both these batsmen need to face another 100 balls each..

I mean it's do-able. if all we do is defend.

AshRK

Is Vihari exceptionally outstanding domestically? There’s nothing that suggests he’s earned his place, surely getting someone like Iyer in would be better.
Kohli rates him very highly for some weird reason. I was listening to his interview with smith before the season and smith asked who could be the best player for india in this series and he said Vihari.

KM

With Pant, Rohit, Virat, Gill. Some team will get a real hammering in India.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Yeah he's got an exceptional record.

Iyer isn't enough good for test cricket in away matches. He's a Raina like weakness for short balls. He's good enough for home matches.
I suppose selection on merit is what people ask for but I just don’t see it with this guy.

Kohli rates him very highly for some weird reason. I was listening to his interview with smith before the season and smith asked who could be the best player for india in this series and he said Vihari.
I saw that too, not convinced at all.

KM

I suppose selection on merit is what people ask for but I just don’t see it with this guy.

I saw that too, not convinced at all.
His selection was on merit but he hasn't shown it in Indian colors unfortunately.

SinNombre

35 overs of blocking in the last session is impossible, but not sure what India can do with Vihari unable to run.

KM

Now sure how Nick Knight found himself analysing India vs Australia on Indian TV, but he's been excellent.

zing

Zingle balls
Now sure how Nick Knight found himself analysing India vs Australia on Indian TV, but he's been excellent.
Was thinking the same thing. He’s very good and he seems very happy watching it despite being a neutral waking up at stupid hours.

KM

We may lose this match, but I don't think even that Fab four indian team was as mentally strong as this one.

zing

Zingle balls
We may lose this match, but I don't think even that Fab four indian team was as mentally strong as this one.
Those teams had plenty of bottlers. This team is 10x those teams.