Gill
Rohit
Pujara
Kohli
Rahane
Pant
Pandya
Ashwin
Kuldeep(Jadeja unfit for first two matches)
Bumrah
Umesh/Ishant
Pandya was suffering from back injury, if he recovers and bowl, then this is the team we should go for. Probably Bhubaneswar kumar in place of Umesh if he is fit. Gives us another batting option

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Interesting to see what team India picks for the next match, not that we have much to select. But my preferred line up will be

Aggarwal
Gill/rohit
Pujara
Rahane
Gill/rohit
Pant
Saha(wk)
Ashwin (hopefully he is fit)
Bumrah
Saini
Siraj

I wouldn't want to tinker with openers but I am not sure with aggarwal in middle order. I would love to see Gill in middle order and see how it works.
Both Gill and Aggarwal are pretty good against spin bowling so should not be an issue in middle order. I think Gill long term future is at 4.

4 bowlers at Gabba should be enough.

zing

Zingle balls
DRS saved us big time in this match. Pujara when he came in, Ashwin 2x.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
DRS saved us big time in this match. Pujara when he came in, Ashwin 2x.
They were horrible decisions and shouldn't have been given out I think. Esp Pujara and Rohit one. Both looked not out.

Dudu

Ha, interesting timing on this. I suppose they were already on the fence about it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead

What’s all this about?
I thought Paine would have enjoyed Ashwin's elite honesty there. Paine's fake nice bloke persona, rubbish sledging and mediocre batting make him the most irritating Australian captain of all time. He's 36 and hasn't scored a test century. It's the most un-Australian thing ever to handicap themselves by having one of their worst players as captain, they are two quality middle order batsmen away from their next great team and it's not like he's Mike fecking Brearley.

Smith :lol: Never change.
Although it's not very sinister, it's clearly intentional by Smith to knock Pant off of his rhythm. I remember watching Dinesh Karthik (I think) bat vs England a few years back and he has this very specific routine where he likes to walk across the crease, England made it a habit to basically disrupt it as much as possible to annoy him.

TheGame

I thought Paine would have enjoyed Ashwin's elite honesty there. Paine's fake nice bloke persona, rubbish sledging and mediocre batting make him the most irritating Australian captain of all time. He's 36 and hasn't scored a test century. It's the most un-Australian thing ever to handicap themselves by having one of their worst players as captain, they are two quality middle order batsmen away from their next great team and it's not like he's Mike fecking Brearley.

Although it's not very sinister, it's clearly intentional by Smith to knock Pant off of his rhythm. I remember watching Dinesh Karthik (I think) bat vs England a few years back and he has this very specific routine where he likes to walk across the crease, England made it a habit to basically disrupt it as much as possible to annoy him.
Thought Paine was meant to be ok but proved himself to be a right dick here. His batting record is awful though so Aussies will have to start thinking long term again soon and who they want to lead them.

KM

Bumrah out for the fourth test. Well we are fecked.

KM

Yikes. Bad to worse.

Who comes in for you lot.. Natarajan?
Shardul Thakur, I think. But not sure.

Our bowling attack will be Siraj(3rd test), Saini(2nd test) and either Thakur(2nd test) or Natarajan(Debut)

I'm not even shitting but that's 6th, 7th and 8th choice pace bowlers.

Mayank who was slated to come in for Vihari, is also hurt and might have a possible fracture.

SinNombre

So Bumrah, Shami, Ishant are the first choice 3 quicks.

Umesh is first backup so 4th choice.

Who is the 5th choice if Siraj is 6th choice?

SinNombre

Lets just bat first to avoid an innings loss
You have to bat first to have any chance of drawing the test.

Stack the team with all the fit batsmen and something like 300, 500, 300 might be enough to draw with rain expected on days 2 to 5.

Dudu

Shardul Thakur, I think. But not sure.

Our bowling attack will be Siraj(3rd test), Saini(2nd test) and either Thakur(2nd test) or Natarajan(Debut)

I'm not even shitting but that's 6th, 7th and 8th choice pace bowlers.

Mayank who was slated to come in for Vihari, is also hurt and might have a possible fracture.
Ridiculously unlucky with injuries. Hope it's Natarajan.. he was quality in the T20s/ODIs.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Maybe Langer and Paine can have a elite honesty session and try and fix how unelite Panie is playing and captaining atm.

KM

Few Updates on Indian team from Boria Majumdar(who's quite reliable when it comes our cricket team)

1. Bumrah has had an abdominal strain since last 2 days, gone for scans, will probably be rested on 4th test so that he can play the oncoming England series in India.
  2. Mayank Aggarwal got hurt on his wrists in net session yesterday, gone for scans today, results awaited, he has almost confirmed that if he's clear, he will play at no.3, if not then Prithvi Shaw will come at 3(says he's been working on his technique the last few weeks).
  3. Ashwin had back spasms yesterday, was standing for 2 hours before coming in to bat, because he wasn't sure he would be able to get up if sat down, gone for scans but will probably play 4th test.
  4. Warner apologized to Siraj directly on behalf of Sydney crowd and antics, since he's from Sydney.(A good gesture indeed)
  5. Had talked with Ajinkya Rahane and he says India is still looking to give their 500% and try n win the 4th test at Brisbane.
  6. Rishabh Pant took painkillers and injections to play that match, but will mostly play 4th test

JohnnyKills

Not sure they're on the verge of another genuinely great team but yeah, it would be bizarre for them to stick with him now. The team has moved on from when he took over.

Guess this question is who would they give it too? Warner has a good record as SRH captain but he's even more tainted than Smith. Labuschagne is just getting into his stride and probably doesn't need the extra responsibility. None of the other batsmen has established themselves.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Surely a ban coming here. What is wrong with the Aussie team? When it goes against them they resort to shit like this.
My guess is that Paine cannot handle pressure when things go against him, Look at Leeds last Ashes with Stokes, reaching at DRS reviews during a lot of his tests and now trying to be more witty then he actually is.

kiristao

Probably. The kit man will probably play at this point.

We are the walking wounded. I just don't want to get smashed..
I think the "?" was because you said we should bat first to avoid losing by an innings. A team can lose by an innings even if they bat first.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Aussies got away with one there, one more session and india wrap up a comfortable chase. Last man standing for the final test, stack the batting and hopefully bat first and put a lot of runs up. Hope for some help from the weather, get a draw which means retaining the series trophy and get the heck outta there.

zing

Zingle balls
Aussies got away with one there, one more session and india wrap up a comfortable chase. Last man standing for the final test, stack the batting and hopefully bat first and put a lot of runs up. Hope for some help from the weather, get a draw which means retaining the series trophy and get the heck outta there.
One more session and they'd have declared later. Draw is a fair result.

AshRK

One more session and they'd have declared later. Draw is a fair result.
Australia were fortunate with Jadeja's injury. Not only was he a miss with the bat but also with the bowl in the second innings. I felt he would have slowed down the Australian innings and we could have restricted them under 300 and probably would have chased something under 350. Although the media, especially the aussie media are portraying as if India escaped with the draw , I would say even Australia werw fortunate and escaped with a draw. Had pant stayed for another 15 overs, we might have won the match. Vihari was not able to run and was playing with one leg and yet the defecit was 70 odd runs only.

zing

Zingle balls
Australia were fortunate with Jadeja's injury. Not only was he a miss with the bat but also with the bowl in the second innings. I felt he would have slowed down the Australian innings and we could have restricted them under 300 and probably would have chased something under 350. Although the media, especially the aussie media are portraying as if India escaped with the draw , I would say even Australia werw fortunate and escaped with a draw. Had pant stayed for another 15 overs, we might have won the match. Vihari was not able to run and was playing with one leg and yet the defecit was 70 odd runs only.
We escaped with a draw. We blew it in the first innings and weren’t in the game after that. Jadeja did alright with the ball, not that great.

AshRK

We escaped with a draw. We blew it in the first innings and weren’t in the game after that. Jadeja did alright with the ball, not that great.
But yet we were only 70 odd runs behind with an injured vihari batting and not running. I know ifs and buts are not the right way to look at things. And yes Australia were ahead of us in this match but I still believe had Jadeja not got injured and Pant stayed for another 10 to 15 overs we could have just won it.

NM

I think the "?" was because you said we should bat first to avoid losing by an innings. A team can lose by an innings even if they bat first.
Yes of course but it makes it much less likely, especially with the rain.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Not sure they're on the verge of another genuinely great team but yeah, it would be bizarre for them to stick with him now. The team has moved on from when he took over.

Guess this question is who would they give it too? Warner has a good record as SRH captain but he's even more tainted than Smith. Labuschagne is just getting into his stride and probably doesn't need the extra responsibility. None of the other batsmen has established themselves.
I reckon they'll give it back to Smith eventually.

SinNombre

So India might go with a bowling attack of Siraj (3rd test), Saini (2nd test), Shardul (2nd test), Natarajan (1st test) and Sundar (1st test) with Ashwin injured as well. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
So India might go with a bowling attack of Siraj (3rd test), Saini (2nd test), Shardul (2nd test), Natarajan (1st test) and Sundar (1st test) with Ashwin injured as well. This is beyond ridiculous at this point.
Why has India had so many injuries this series.

Bad luck or has the quarantine been an issue with fitness and recovery?

Last edited:

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
There is a certain attuide that some English media have when talking about Aussie cricket that drives me nuts. Talk about sitting on a high horse.

ChrisNelson

Do you mean that when they cheat, the English media call them cheats?

Or that when they get carried away with the sledging, they call them out on it?

Or something else I've missed?

AshRK

Sundar? Kuldeep would be better option I feel. I think ash will be fine and will play.