Cricket

AshRK

Ashwin trying really hard to make some friends.
I don't follow much paparazzi of our dressing room but I always have seen his fellow colleagues speak very highly of him. I do agree he does come across as an arrogant person but in the lockdown his youtube channel has become a huge hit. He speaks so well and is always respectful towards others unlike many other sports athlete. Even punjab team management during IPL said the same that he is a fine gentleman. So a bit surprised by Paine's comments

Ps. His interview with Inzi was amazing, if anyone is interested.

AshRK

She didn't take it kindly the beating her husband, Starc, received in this match.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
I don't follow much paparazzi of our dressing room but I always have seen his fellow colleagues speak very highly of him. I do agree he does come across as an arrogant person but in the lockdown his youtube channel has become a huge hit. He speaks so well and is always respectful towards others unlike many other sports athlete. Even punjab team management during IPL said the same that he is a fine gentleman. So a bit surprised by Paine's comments

Ps. His interview with Inzi was amazing, if anyone is interested.
To be fair he used more or less the exact same line of attack (teammates) on Kohli in the last tour, so it's not that surprising I guess.

AshRK

To be fair he used more or less the exact same line of attack (teammates) on Kohli in the last tour, so it's not that surprising I guess.
No I meant surprised in the sense why would you comment like that on Ashwin without any base. It's like randomly he chose to rant on ashwin by saying your teammates don't like you when there has never been such stories. Bantering is fine and good but you just don't randomly accusing people without anything to it. Paine came across as a right tool that day.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
No I meant surprised in the sense why would you comment like that on Ashwin without any base. It's like randomly he chose to rant on ashwin by saying your teammates don't like you when there has never been such stories. Bantering is fine and good but you just don't randomly accusing people without anything to it. Paine came across as a right tool that day.
With the tweet above, they're all coming off as tools.

JohnnyKills

Do you mean that when they cheat, the English media call them cheats?

Or that when they get carried away with the sledging, they call them out on it?

Or something else I've missed?
Exactly Chris, how dare we call out cheating in a fair and balanced manner?

JohnnyKills

He sure did.

Ashwin does seem a bit aloof though, albeit very intelligent.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Do you mean that when they cheat, the English media call them cheats?

Or that when they get carried away with the sledging, they call them out on it?

Or something else I've missed?
England literally gave their cheat MBE's

Is Marcus Tresthoick going to give his back? and the ECB forfeit their wins in the 2005 Ashes?

SinNombre

Why has India had so many injuries this series.

Bad luck or has the quarantine been an issue with fitness and recovery?
I would put it to 5 months of non-stop quarantine between the IPL and the Australia tour impacting recovery.

JohnnyKills

Agree, just keep doing the same tomorrow. Sensible cricket like today. Bairstow has a chance to get back into the side here with a good tour.
Yeah definitely.

Really like the idea of Bairstow as an attacking number 3 - or 6 if we want to promote Pope. Crawley will end up as an opener in the Trescothick/Hayden mould I think.

dbs235

Excellent day for England. Root finding form is extremely important.

TheGame

Yeah definitely.

Really like the idea of Bairstow as an attacking number 3 - or 6 if we want to promote Pope. Crawley will end up as an opener in the Trescothick/Hayden mould I think.
I think Pope wants to bat lower down so Bairstow needs to sort his technique if he wants to be no 3 but yes Bairstow in form in that position would be a huge asset.

Crawley gave his wicket away really. Ideal chance to make a score.

MDFC Manager

Any confirmed team news for India?

Reading that Australia haven't been beaten at Gabba since 1988...

AshRK

Bumrah Ashwin and jadeja, vihari out. Huge blow this. Sundar, natarajan, Aggarwal and shardul in. 4 test match worth experience in the bowling department for India. A win would be unprecedented.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Any confirmed team news for India?

Reading that Australia haven't been beaten at Gabba since 1988...
No ashwin and no Bumrah.

Our five bowlers have a combined experience of four tests. Amazing.

Sanche7

Oh my! That is bad. Guess they didn't want to risk Bumrah or Ashwin because of the upcoming series against England. Don't understand why they are playing Sundar when Kuldeep is available. The batting will have to step up big time and hope it rains by day 3/4, because I don't see any of those bowlers causing many problems for the Aussies, especially with Smith and Marnus in great form. But just imagine if they manage to pull it off, will be something else.

AshRK

5 bowlers huh? Any of them any good with the bat?
Sundar and shardul are decent with the bat so that's a plus. Still not too sure if I would have gone with this team. Kuldeep instead of ashwin and saha instead of jaddu would have been better.

Sanche7

Think the logic is that since the bowling is really weak, go with an extra option so even though it is a bowler friendly pitch. Can't say I can fault them because things like this rarely happen of ever. To have your top 6/7 bowlers out simultaneously is pretty rare.

zing

Zingle balls
Sundar is an all rounder. Weak one but he is.
They’ve basically got everyone fit and asked to turn up. Surprised shaw didn’t turn play ahead of sundar.

prateik

That batting line up is sad. can it rain for 3 days? we might have a chance if it does.