Cricket

AshRK

Really like Washington sundar's innings. I know too early to say but in him we may have a solid all rounder who can play in all formats. He is a decent bowler and is showing he can bat. I still felt him playing for a better franchise in IPL would take his game to the next level. The fact that Kohli hardly played him in 2019 IPL showa how clueless he can be.

Full marks to shardul too. Showing to the selectors why he can be an asset. Not a big fan of his bowling but he can bat and that can be a big plus.

We have done a remarkable job but like some posters have mentioned, warner is the key. He can seriously take the game away from us. Knock him early we will be in a good position.

bleedred

What would/could happen in this situation:

Top order batsman playing with a tail ender. Tail ender is facing, rapped on the pads and bowler appeals, umpire says no and they try to scramble a single but the top order player is run out. Can the batting side call for a review trying to get the LBW to save the better player?

No

mav_9me

So far poor bowling by Natarajan. Australia moving along very quickly with good cricketing shots.

I think if we just stick to a good line and length they will end up forcing it and giving us chances.

mav_9me

I don't know how he compares to the regulars but to me Siraj has been good enough to be a starter. Good pace and good line with consistency. Mostly 135s but upto 140K.

Last edited:

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
How was Smith able to review his dismissal? Didn't Aus lose all of their reviews already?

zing

Zingle balls
Don’t know if injury is making it worse but Saini has to give more control. Was not impressive last game either

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
India have genuinely find a first teamer in Siraj.

Sanche7

Good performance from India. Not watching the match, so can someone tell me if it's India's good bowling or the pitch acting up that Australia are is not a great situation atm?

jungledrums

Good performance from India. Not watching the match, so can someone tell me if it's India's good bowling or the pitch acting up that Australia are is not a great situation atm?
Pitch is flat. I’d say it’s a combination of good, aggressive bowling and poor batting.

jungledrums

... though I should add - the Gabba under lights in these conditions could be difficult. Potentially a difficult batting deck for India this evening.

KM

Half an hour to severe rains. Weird by Australia. 300 runs in fourth innings is quite tough irrespective of pitch.

Sanche7

... though I should add - the Gabba under lights in these conditions could be difficult. Potentially a difficult batting deck for India this evening.
Thanks for the reply.
Yeah ain't going to be easy but it looks like rain is near. Hopefully it's going to rain tomorrow too. This series has felt like today's games vs Liverpool. They are there for the taking, their batting is overly dependent on Marnus and Smith and their bowlers are always having to turn up to make up for their meh batting performances. A little bit more composure from the top order, an inform Kohli and a fully fit bowling attack would have easily won the series IMO.

jungledrums

Thanks for the reply.
Yeah ain't going to be easy but it looks like rain is near. Hopefully it's going to rain tomorrow too. This series has felt like today's games vs Liverpool. They are there for the taking, their batting is overly dependent on Marnus and Smith and their bowlers to defend their meh batting performance. A little bit more composure from the top order, an inform Kohli and a fully fit bowling attack would have easily won the series IMO.
Yeah, though I’d say we have a few key players out of form. Warner can’t be discounted - he’s world class. Green looks a good prospect, and with Pucovski in this team, the batting lineup suddenly looks very strong.

As for today’s game, yeah, I can’t understand why Aus are still batting. Surely India don’t see this as an attainable chase? So what incentive do they have to do anything but bat out the overs in an incredibly defensive manner? I’m not convinced we can bowl India out in 3 sessions even without rain delays.

MDFC Manager

The only reason i can see is that Australia feel their bowlers are still not rested enough to bowl today. Its stretching, i know, but can't think of anything else.

Sanche7

Yeah, though I’d say we have a few key players out of form. Warner can’t be discounted - he’s world class. Green looks a good prospect, and with Pucovski in this team, the batting lineup suddenly looks very strong.

As for today’s game, yeah, I can’t understand why Aus are still batting. Surely India don’t see this as an attainable chase? So what incentive do they have to do anything but bat out the overs in an incredibly defensive manner? I’m not convinced we can bowl India out in 3 sessions even without rain delays.
Agree about Warner, Green and Pucovski but this is a third string Indian bowling attack with little to no international experience plus one bowler injured. The pitch isn't that bad for batting either. So, if you can't score against them in a must win match, in your fortress, then IMHO your batting is not very good.

bleedred

Headingley.

jungledrums

Headingley.
Ha, yeah, but I’d argue Aus made the right decisions in Headingly. This just borders on cowardice.
Agree about Warner, Green and Pucovski but this is a third string Indian bowling attack with little to no international experience plus one bowler injured. The pitch isn't that bad for batting either. So, if you can't score against them in a must win match, in your fortress, then IMHO your batting is not very good.
Well I’d say our batting has been fine this match. We’ll reassess at close of play tomorrow, but it appears we’ve set an unattainable total, so surely if we don’t go on to win this match, the blame lies solely on the Aus bowlers?

Sanche7

328 to win. Well be very interesting to see how things develop. Lose a few early wickets and India will be nervous. A good partnership upfront and the Aussies will be nervous. Then there is the rain factor.

prateik

Rain soon.. max 98 overs tomorrow and there will quite likely be some rain as well..

Aus should be safe.. we arent scoring 330 in ~90 overs.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I very much expect Aus to win unless a lot of time is lost but I do think this is a really impressive performance from India.

zing

Zingle balls
Why are Indian fans hoping for rain? 20 overs of play today and we could win this..

Sanche7

Rain soon.. max 98 overs tomorrow and there will quite likely be some rain as well..

Aus should be safe.. we arent scoring 330 in ~90 overs.
Doesn't matter IMO. Just the fact that win is still a possibility with all the problems the team has had is nothing short of incredible. A win would have been something else but a draw with this bowling attack at the Gabba is pretty good. Really strange decision to keep batting despite knowing that rain was only an hour away.

Sanche7

Why are Indian fans hoping for rain? 20 overs of play today and we could win this..
Don't trust these guys to win this. Is it possible? Yes. But I think most would happily settle for a draw.

KM

Horrendous tactics by Australia. No matter the pitch, it takes an heroic effort to chase 275plus in 4th innings. They should've declared once they got past 290.