Cricket

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Comfortable win for SA. Sets up the decider nicely.

ha_rooney

That was a fun first over to start your international career :lol:

Umpire’s had a nightmare with 2 decisions overturned in the same over.

ha_rooney

Miller’s played an exceptional knock to get SA to a very competitive total. Brilliant power hitting, the bowlers didn’t know what to do.

This will be a much trickier chase than Pakistan would’ve wanted having taken early wickets.

zing

Zingle balls
Been an excellent test for the two wicket keepers.
Surprised to find out Foakes is only 27. I don’t know how he plays on fast pitches, but he’s worth his place in the side above Buttler for me, who never looks sure of his place in test cricket.

ha_rooney

Good game, Pakistan with a good batting effort to win the game & series 2-1. Terrific knock from Miller to get SA to a competitive total. Babar showed some form today. We need old man Hafeez back & playing like he has the last year to shore up the middle order.

I’ve enjoyed this tour. Competitive cricket throughout, just a shame there were no fans in the stadium.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
IPL auction tomorrow.

Meanwhile Kings XI Punjab have changed their name to Punjab Kings.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Chris Morris for 2.2 million?? WTF?

Funny thing is RCB had him for 10 Cr but then got rid of him in the hope of getting him back cheaper but that leads to a bidding war and so they have to spend 15 Cr on Kyle Jamieson instead!

JohnnyKills

Funny thing is RCB had him for 10 Cr but then got rid of him in the hope of getting him back cheaper but that leads to a bidding war and so they have to spend 15 Cr on Kyle Jamieson instead!
Doesn't Jamieson make more sense though? At least he's got genuine pace. Morris is massively overrated to me.

NinjaFletch

Doesn't Jamieson make more sense though? At least he's got genuine pace. Morris is massively overrated to me.
Jamieson is solidly fast-medium. At their respective quickests, I think Morris is comfortably faster - although whether he still reaches it at 34 I'm not sure.

Jamieson's biggest weapon is his accuracy and ability to generate awkward bounce from a good length, combined with a healthy control of swing. I don't know how well it will translate to IPL cricket, but Rabada picked up bagfuls of wickets last year just banging away back of a length with subtle variations so I'm sure that's the blueprint.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Do any of the people responsible for buying players for IPL franchises actually watch any T20 cricket? Moeen for 700k, Tom Curran for 500k, Morris and Maxwell for a couple mill.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Not really a surprise that MI win this so often considering most of these teams are run by absolutely clueless people

JohnnyKills

Jamieson is solidly fast-medium. At their respective quickests, I think Morris is comfortably faster - although whether he still reaches it at 34 I'm not sure.

Jamieson's biggest weapon is his accuracy and ability to generate awkward bounce from a good length, combined with a healthy control of swing. I don't know how well it will translate to IPL cricket, but Rabada picked up bagfuls of wickets last year just banging away back of a length with subtle variations so I'm sure that's the blueprint.
Right, fair enough. Thought he was rapid.

JohnnyKills

I think part of the problem was that there wasn't much available talent this year, particularly among the bowlers. Most of the top talent had been retained so they were fighting over scraps.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think part of the problem was that there wasn't much available talent this year, particularly among the bowlers. Most of the top talent had been retained so they were fighting over scraps.

This is of course true and frankly for these rich owners the money doesn't seem to matter but still you would think that by this time of the competition teams would be a bit more smarter with this process . Csk for example had so many issues with their team last season so surely you could do better than spending 9 crores on Gowtham . Now he might turn out to be incredible for them but he has taken 1 wicket in his last 8 games and was released by his franchise from a much cheaper contract . Teams paying crazy money year after year for Maxwell /Morris etc just boggles my mind

JohnnyKills

This is of course true and frankly for these rich owners the money doesn't seem to matter but still you would think that by this time of the competition teams would be a bit more smarter with this process . Csk for example had so many issues with their team last season so surely you could do better than spending 9 crores on Gowtham . Now he might turn out to be incredible for them but he has taken 1 wicket in his last 8 games and was released by his franchise from a much cheaper contract . Teams paying crazy money year after year for Maxwell /Morris etc just boggles my mind
Totally.

It all points to Mumbai and Delhi dominating again this year.

JohnnyKills

I know. Adil Rashid and Hales going unsold
Not sure that's hugely surprising actually. Both of them have a lot of competition in their respective positions, particularly in Rashid's case, given the number of Indian leggies around.

Did find it odd that Zampa gets a gig and Rashid doesn't. But, if you look at the stats, his strike rate, economy and average are all better than Rashid's in T20 internationals.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
What do our resident English cricket fans make of the Rajasthan trio missing the NZ tests to play ipl?

@NinjaFletch @ArmchairCritic @JohnnyKills @FlawlessThaw
Assuming Rajasthan make it that far of course. I'm fine with it, the players enjoy it and it makes them better. Throw in the fact that the World T20 is in India this year too and there's no good reason to fight it.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Joe Clarke taking Naseem Shah to town in the PSL. 42 not out currently chasing 122 to win, Babar at the other end so should win easily.

ha_rooney

Nice knock from Babar. Hopefully the PSL gets him back into form after his poor series v SA.