Cricket

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really struggle to remember a more bizarre dismissal than this

:lol:

I remember Inzi trying to do some gymnastics v England in the infamous 2006 Test series & utterly failing by falling onto the stumps.

edit:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Really struggle to remember a more bizarre dismissal than this

Isn't it a dead ball after the ball reaches the wicketkeeper and the batsman aren't running?

Although I'm thinking now of a situation where the keeper throws the ball up in the air in an appeal, with the umpire not giving it out, and the batsman run.

MDFC Manager

Didn't even realise we've now got 2 teams, one is in England preparing for the test series and the second is playing in Sri Lanka (for which I'm struggling to even get myself to watch).

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Didn't even realise we've now got 2 teams, one is in England preparing for the test series and the second is playing in Sri Lanka (for which I'm struggling to even get myself to watch).
Do SL also have two teams? If that's their best XI then they've really fallen from grace...

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
What happened to Australia? How are they losing to Bangladesh?
They're missing one or two players (Smith, Maxwell, Warner and Cummings) but this current T20 touring side is a bad team.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
I've been hugely critical of this Australia T20 team ( they suck) but today's debacle must be an all time low. All out for 62 against Bangladesh, losing the series 4-1. Zampa was the 3rd top scorer with 4. Absolutely no guts, heart, balls, call it what you will. Awful, awful, awful!

The series is blacked out in Australia (nobody gives a toss I suppose). The players are bloody lucky nobody's watching.

Last edited:

TheGame

I've been hugely critical of this Australia T20 team ( they suck) but today's debacle must be an all time low. All out for 62 against Bangladesh, losing the series 4-1. Zampa was the 3rd top scorer with 4. Absolutely no guts, heart, balls, call it what you will. Awful, awful, awful!

The series is blacked out in Australia (nobody gives a toss I suppose). The players are bloody lucky nobody's watching.
Are Warner and Smith just not involved in the series? Also no Finch or Maxwell as far as I can see? They are playing a 38 year old Dan Christian. Haven’t seen him play for Australia for a while before this.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Are Warner and Smith just not involved in the series? Also no Finch or Maxwell as far as I can see? They are playing a 38 year old Dan Christian. Haven’t seen him play for Australia for a while before this.
Warner and Maxwell are "resting" and Smith has an elbow injury. Finch is also injured but was so bad in the West Indies I don't think he would have made much difference. The thing is that there are 6-7 of this team who will probably play in the World Cup. For Australia that is not a good sign.

EDIT: Forgot to mention. The only reason the Aussies won the game they did win was because Christian scored 39 off 15 balls. The rest of the batting was atrocious finishing on 105-7 after 19 overs.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

12 wickets falling on day 1 of the Pak-Windies series. Don’t think this one will last 5 days, unless the weather plays a part.

I wish Abbas was slightly quicker. Terrific bowler.

ha_rooney

Rizwan running miles to make that catch, brilliant!! 1 wicket to go, 17 runs needed…

ha_rooney

Very good game, Windies win by 1 wicket. Love a low scoring Test match.

Rizwan took a beauty, not sure if he should’ve got Roach just before the win.

ha_rooney

Good win for Pakistan, series finishes at 1-1.

Shaheen was excellent again. Ian Bishop made a good point that he’s played a lot of cricket across all formats for someone so young, so hopefully we don’t burn him out.

ha_rooney

Steyn announces his retirement from all cricket. Brilliant bowler, shame injuries limited his career.

spaceboyRSA

Very sad. My favourite cricketer of the last decade or so. Remember watching him live early in his career and knowing he would be special. Quite a sad day for me. Also a really nice human and always chatty with the crowd

ha_rooney

It wouldn’t be Pakistan cricket without some off-field drama ahead of a major tournament. Aside from an interesting T20 WC squad selection, Misbah has resigned as coach & Waqar as bowling coach. I’m not sad to see Misbah go, his time as selector & coach has been very poor, but to do this ahead of a major tournament is a strange decision.

Foxbatt

Why is Yorkshire refusing to publish the report over the racism allegations?

zing

Zingle balls
The Indian squad for the WC T20 has been named and it has a number of surprises! @KM @crappycraperson

I like the selections. Only gripe is that we have picked too many spinners and too few pacers.

Siraj could've had a look in, instead of Axar/Chahar.

Happy that Chahal, Kuldeep aren't in it - and think the selection of Ashwin is excellent.

zing

Zingle balls
Why is Yorkshire refusing to publish the report over the racism allegations?
George Dobell writing for Cricinfo says it's because they're worried they'll be sued for libel as the report names certain people.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The Indian squad for the WC T20 has been named and it has a number of surprises! @KM @crappycraperson

I like the selections. Only gripe is that we have picked too many spinners and too few pacers.

Happy that Chahal, Kuldeep aren't in it - and think the selection of Ashwin is excellent.
It's a great squad imo. Really like the selections, Chahal dropped was long overdue. Yeah i don't see the need of axar too.

Bertie Wooster

Michael Vaughan has written a recent article criticising the county system for not producing enough Test cricketers and pointing out the number of teams that get skittled out and solely blaming pitch preparation and the desire for 'result pitches'.

This is the same man who pushes The Hundred and Twenty20 cricket and criticises 'traditionalists' who prefer the longer formats. Yes, preparing 'result pitches' has always been a thing. But the new reasons more teams might get skittled in recent years is because the schedule pushes the championship games to April, May and September while the T20 and now The Hundred get June, July and August in the hope of getting better weather and bigger crowds. So the weather is more conducive to bowling when the championship is played.

There's also the fact that, with all the money going into the T20, IPL, and The Hundred (which Vaughan loves), there's far more incentive for players to produce a game conducive to those formats (an attacking game with the bat - and priority on pace off the ball when bowling) to make sure they're purchased for those - rather than becoming a Michael Atherton, Haseeb Hameed, Shivnarine Chanderpaul types who sell their wicket high in the longer formats but wouldn't garner a big price in the competitions where all the money is.

It's really sneaky and hypocritical of Vaughan to try and focus solely on the wicket preparing side to put the blame on the counties, and deflect blame from the development of, and priority on, the money making one day competitions that's pushed the County Championship and 50 over competitions down the list of priorities in terms of schedules and player development.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout

If they were to select Ashwin, why has he not played T20 with NT for ages?

Taking only 3 pacers in main squad is insane. They are just banking on pitches to be rank turners after IPL

zing

Zingle balls
If they were to select Ashwin, why has he not played T20 with NT for ages?

Taking only 3 pacers in main squad is insane. They are just banking on pitches to be rank turners after IPL
They should've picked him earlier -- he's been good at T20.

Agree on 3 pacers - esp considering we have quite a few who are pretty good. Deepak Chahar should be in the squad. Siraj looked good in the abandoned IPL season.

I would've swapped Deepak Chahar for Axar and kept Siraj in reserve.

iKnowNothing

It’s official now - Virat Kohli will be stepping down as captain of the T20 team after the upcoming T20 WC. He will be the captain of ODI and Test teams.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Seriously on one hand he is arguing that with incubation period being more than a few days so he doesn’t think the book event had anything to do with him getting it . Then he says that the boys were scared after the physio got it and with their families around but the same players are out in Dubai now practicing & playing just 5-6 days later