Cricket

IRN-BRUno

Is it only a matter of time before sides start trying to not dismiss someone? Without wanting to be too harsh on Bavuma, you look at that SA line-up and the opposition are more likely to win the longer he's out there. Especially when defending a bigger total, just drop him or not appeal so that Rossouw, Miller etc have more to do.

Similarly in the Pakistan-England series with the game Pakistan ended up winning by 3 runs. Shan Masood was still batting in the 19th over, if England don't get him out then Asif Ali probably doesn't come in and score 13 off 3 which ends up being a match-winning cameo.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain

Thought this was an interesting stat.

Note - the T20 figure includes Associate nations who only play T20s.

AshRK

Thought this was an interesting stat.

Note - the T20 figure includes Associate nations who only play T20s.
Not a surprise. Odi apart from world cup has no meaning. I think ICC need to be smart here. Maybe having more triangular/ multination tournaments could generate some interest. Surely meaningless bilateral series has to end.

The Corinthian

Not a surprise. Odi apart from world cup has no meaning. I think ICC need to be smart here. Maybe having more triangular/ multination tournaments could generate some interest. Surely meaningless bilateral series has to end.
Yea, it's a shame they did away with tri-series. They were good fun. You could ringfence bilateral series for test games only.

The other thing is to limit T20 overs cricket to independent franchises (IPL, PSL, Big Bash etc) but keeping the T20 WCs every couple of years. It means most of the players will get good experience but we won't be flooded with that format of the game. I don't think this would be a popular idea however!

Overall, I think the ODI format of the game is on the way out - there isn't a great deal the ICC can do to invigorate it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Bangladesh 2-0 up, both wins came from obvious losing positions. India in a bit of a sorry state just 10 months before hosting the WC.

Rohit has made that no. 9 position his own.

paulscholes18

Bangladesh 2-0 up, both wins came from obvious losing positions. India in a bit of a sorry state just 10 months before hosting the WC.

Rohit has made that no. 9 position his own.
Guess he was carrying an injury then

AshRK

Year to forget for team India. Maybe this loss is blessing in disguise and a much needed one before the big WC next year. The likes of Dhawan have to be thrown out.

paulscholes18

Chanderpaul's son has seemed to have settled nicely into test match cricket passing 40 in all three occasions.

phelans shorts

The current rumbling with Cricket Australia and David Warner is absolutely wild. Think at this stage there’d be zero repercussions if Warner were to be allowed back into leadership roles (so coaching in the Big Bash going forward) but for some bizarre reason Cricket Australia have decided that they’re going to continue treating him as a pariah.

The thing is, nobody ever believed it was just Smith and Warner pressuring Bancroft, and obviously someone like Warner will have all of the receipts. He’s not somebody who takes a lot of prodding to react, and here’s Cricket Australia trying to pin everything on him again when Smith has already been cleared. There’s no way that this ends well for the board and probably a fair few people in the team back in Newlands.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...2016-to-tamper-with-the-ball?CMP=share_btn_tw

IRN-BRUno

Sydney Thunder just been bowled out for 15 in the Big Bash :lol:

3 of them were extras!

edit: Lowest total in T20 apparently, beating the 21 Turkey made against Czech Republic

CallyRed

Sydney Thunder just been bowled out for 15 in the Big Bash :lol:

3 of them were extras!

edit: Lowest total in T20 apparently, beating the 21 Turkey made against Czech Republic
My school team I played in managed 24 all out once. 15 is pathetic

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Australia looking strong, Cameron Green’s bowling is developing nicely and what a batsman & fielder Labushagne (why can’t the Ozzie’s pronounce his name properly?) is. Next summer’s Ashes looks mouthwatering.

phelans shorts

Australia looking strong, Cameron Green’s bowling is developing nicely and what a batsman & fielder Labushagne (why can’t the Ozzie’s pronounce his name properly?) is. Next summer’s Ashes looks mouthwatering.
His name pronunciation always makes me laugh. There was an interview early on after he broke through where him and his dad actually argued about it.

Aussies (and most people outside of South Africa) just go with what Marnus uses

TheGame

They are looking so strong. Batsmen in form, bat deep, great all rounder in Green and strong bowing line up. England have played well but the Aussies look on a different level at the moment. Completely obliterated a strong SA bowling line up.

IRN-BRUno

According to Dr Sushil Nagar who led the emergency treatment, Pant had laceration wounds on his forehead, one right above the left eye; there is a ligament tear in his knee; and abrasions on his back. He also injured his right ankle. However, the first X-rays suggested there is no fracture and there are no burns on Pant's body.
Looking at the picture of the car he seems to be fortunate it wasn't a lot worse. Hope he can make a quick recovery.

The Corinthian

Really poor / stupid shot selection from Pakistan. Losing 3 wickets for cheap. Can’t see anything but NZ winning now.

Dan_F

Wow that car is wrecked. Lucky boy that he was either able to crawl or be dragged out of the car before it caught fire.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very interesting declaration by Pakistan. Kiwis should go for it.

ArmchairCritic

You got pets me too mines are dead
Was wondering who would the first team to go Bazball for no reason and make a hash of it. Pakistan making a real mess of this at the minute, didn’t need to declare.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Was wondering who would the first team to go Bazball for no reason and make a hash of it. Pakistan making a real mess of this at the minute, didn’t need to declare.
Really stupid especially if you consider how the bowling has performed recently. Light saved him.