Cricket

zing

Zingle balls
To be fair this pitch looks a little better than the one for the first test from the few glimpses I’ve seen, a tad more pace it seems and a little less unpredictable spin.
It's exactly the same pitch but it doesn't suit your narrative because Australia are playing very well.

In fact, they packed the side with spinners which you were telling us only a few days ago was Not Cricket.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Not playing Travis Head in the first test looks even more like a bonkers decision

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
It's exactly the same pitch but it doesn't suit your narrative because Australia are playing very well.

In fact, they packed the side with spinners which you were telling us only a few days ago was Not Cricket.
you’ll find I posted that when Australia were 4 for 80 or something in the first innings after a little glimpse of a few overs, and I’m entitled to my opinion even if it doesn’t fit you narrative so don’t be so sensitive. I’m basing my opinion on over a decade India thrashing all sides incl those from the sub continent when touring India, not just one pitch. Anyway, pleased to see a much closer contest this match. As it should be in a series against the two best sides, makes it far more interesting to watch.

dpansheth

Have a feeling failures of top order will make us lose this game, first time from 1987 at delhi.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Whisper it quietly but Ashwin and Jadeja (and Axar for a much smaller run) might just be the greatest red ball cricketers in Asian conditions.

All of India’s domination in Asian and West Indies over the past decade has come because of them, both with bat and ball.
Are they better then Dev when it comes to Indian all rounders?

dpansheth

Its all subjective. Dev had more of an uphill task, of pulling everyone up in an era when Indian mentality was not the same. But he was also playing with less expectations.

If you put a gun to my head I'd say Dev simply because he was the first WC winning captain for us, and really my childhood hero. Jadeja is right up there though I'd not include Ashwin as a better allrounder than Jadeja.

SinNombre

In Asian (or WI) conditions in red ball cricket, certainly. None of their stats are empty stats, like a Shakib for example who is very good.

Kapil will be well ahead in ODI cricket for the WC win.

prateik

Wow.. Aus throwing this away.. they were ahead after day 2.
1 hr into day 3 and it has completely changed

edit: 34/6 today..

SinNombre

It has become a bad pitch overnight, not cricket !

prateik

This is some really stupid batting.. That ball did nothing.. normal bounce.. standard ball.. just at the wickets.. how do you get bowled there?

prateik

They have to be on the take.. surely..
What are they getting? IPL contracts?

dpansheth

They have to be on the take.. surely..
What are they getting? IPL contracts?
Pitch is sub standard.
Rahul has to be dropped, unlucky but he just simply not good enough. Lots of batsmen waiting for a chance.

SinNombre

Rohit was making a joke of the wicket again but Pujara forced him to sacrifice his wicket.

Hopefully that’s the end of Pujara in test cricket, has been an utter liability for years.

Skills

Snitch
Rohit was making a joke of the wicket again but Pujara forced him to sacrifice his wicket.

Hopefully that’s the end of Pujara in test cricket, has been an utter liability for years.
Pujara and Rahuls test careers should be over today. Dogshit

prateik

How the feck is that Pujara's fault? Rohit started running and stopped.

AshRK

I said it after the last match and even the commentators including a die hard Aussie himself, Mark Waugh, mentioned, they have been diabolical with the bat. Cummins, Renshaw, even Smith all got out playing some stupid shot and I am not even going to mention the tail enders shot selections.

This is nothing to do with the pitch, this has been awful batting display but of course some of their fans would like their team to hide behind the pitch excuse.

sport2793

Some shocking comments on Pujara here, Rohit clearly called for that 2nd run too, plus Pujara the only one not to shat the bed and see the chase through.

Djemba-Djemba

I wonder where winning a Test series in India ranks in terms of the most difficult things to do in all of sport?

It just feels impossible. England just getting a win in the last series felt like an incredible accomplishment . Facing Ashwin and Jadeja in Indian conditions has to be as hard as it could possibly get.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I wonder where winning a Test series in India ranks in terms of the most difficult things to do in all of sport?

It just feels impossible. England just getting a win in the last series felt like an incredible accomplishment . Facing Ashwin and Jadeja in Indian conditions has to be as hard as it could possibly get.
The SA side of the late 00s (Smith, Amla, Kallis, ABDV, Steyn, Morkel) came close twice.
Series ended 1-1 both times, and both times the same pattern - destroyed India in the first game, lost in the second. In the first series, it needed a real spinning pitch to beat them.

Before that it was Ponting's Australia vs an unsettled home team, 2004ish.

Djemba-Djemba

The SA side of the late 00s (Smith, Amla, Kallis, ABDV, Steyn, Morkel) came close twice.
Series ended 1-1 both times, and both times the same pattern - destroyed India in the first game, lost in the second. In the first series, it needed a real spinning pitch to beat them.

Before that it was Ponting's Australia vs an unsettled home team, 2004ish.
Yeah England actually won in India in 2012, which doesn't get the recognition it deserves.

But i just think to win there now, with Ashwin and Jadeja is almost impossible. They're unstoppable in home conditions.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Yeah England actually won in India in 2012, which doesn't get the recognition it deserves.
Honestly there’s a strong argument that it’s English crickets best achievement and most people over here probably don’t even know about it.

AshRK

Honestly there’s a strong argument that it’s English crickets best achievement and most people over here probably don’t even know about it.
KP was god mode that series. Absolutely majestic batting.

I feel ashwin- Jadeja combo is too good on any spinning track. Also, the fact that they both can actually bat is added asset. The day Ashwin retires Indian fans will start rating him even more I feel.

SinNombre

2012 isn’t valued as much because it came during a transitional period for Indian test cricket. Didn’t Dhoni lose 10 test matches in a row away from home?

dpansheth

Hazlewood and warner both out for the series. Green and starc are going to be ready. Will be interesting to see who they drop to bring starc in.
India looks to drop Rahul and go with Gill.

mav_9me

Hazlewood and warner both out for the series. Green and starc are going to be ready. Will be interesting to see who they drop to bring starc in.
India looks to drop Rahul and go with Gill.
Finally.

I can only think of politics as a reason for KL Rahul to continue to get chances in all formats.