Cricket

prateik

Hope it dries overnight so its a good for batting tomorrow morn.. then it can rain for the last 2 days

ColvaleGoa

India somehow need to bat all day tomorrow to have any chance of saving the test with a little help from the weather God's.

Rohit for all his talent can't seem to apply it in test's.

Considering it is a third string team..the effort is really commendable. Showed a lot of more fight than some teams of yesteryears.

slyadams

What would/could happen in this situation:

Top order batsman playing with a tail ender. Tail ender is facing, rapped on the pads and bowler appeals, umpire says no and they try to scramble a single but the top order player is run out. Can the batting side call for a review trying to get the LBW to save the better player?

JohnnyKills

India somehow need to bat all day tomorrow to have any chance of saving the test with a little help from the weather God's.

Rohit for all his talent can't seem to apply it in test's.

Considering it is a third string team..the effort is really commendable. Showed a lot of more fight than some teams of yesteryears.
Yeah definitely. Bat all day tomorrow and the test should be safe.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I think India deserve some weather intervention here, the decimated squad is realistically unfair. Obviously with 11 fit players the show goes on but this is ridiculous.

Even if india manage to get near 300 that’s enough to make Australia have to bat again for a significant amount of overs and with weather around that will take precious time out of the game.

prateik

The batting needs to be smart here.. do not get bowled out before tea.. take it as deep as you can.. If we bat for 1.5 sessions, think we'll be fine.

AshRK

This is shocking batting by Pant. I am like what is he even trying to achieve. Just gifting the match to aussies who to be fair are not even that good. Frustrating.

mav_9me

This is shocking batting by Pant. I am like what is he even trying to achieve. Just gifting the match to aussies who to be fair are not even that good. Frustrating.
Most frustrating has to be Sharma and Pant. I get the need to be aggressive but be smart right. You are getting enough half volleys to hit straight. Aggression mixed with smarts no?

mav_9me

I don't see how but if we can get another 70 runs to stay in the game.

mav_9me

I feel this Australian team has not been good. Basically 2 bowlers and 2 batsmen.

And they haven't been aggressive enough. No 3rd slip for the no. 7 batsman?

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I feel this Australian team has not been good. Basically 2 bowlers and 2 batsmen.

And they haven't been aggressive enough. No 3rd slip for the no. 7 batsman?
Lyon has been bowling too flat and Starc has been bowling trash all series.

Sanche7

About time our lower middle order/tail chipped in. I've lost count of the times the opposition tail has batted us out of games. Good to see these guys putting up a fight. Does anyone have any idea how good Siraj, Nattu & Saini are with the bat?

prateik

About time our lower middle order/tail chipped in. I've lost count of the times the opposition tail has batted us out of games. Good to see these guys putting up a fight. Does anyone have any idea how good Siraj, Nattu & Saini are with the bat?
Saini can do a little bit.. the other two.. not much.
Dont expect much from them.. 15-20 combined would be nice.

mav_9me

Not sure who but 2 of the 3 have first class averages in single digits and the others average was < 15.

zing

Zingle balls
Didn't realize Sundar is only 21yrs old. Should have a good future for us no if nothing as a replacement for Jadeja later on?
I think he will be a mainstay in the t20 team. Not sure about other formats. Very good defensive bowler.
He’s been playing first division club cricket - which is a pretty high level - since he was 12..

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
Against the top order - Line and Length, disciplined bowling
Against the tail - Short shit every ball, feck bowling it in the same place.

prateik

30 mins played after tea.. trail by under 100.

This XI is a lot closer to India B than the first team. Away in Aus, at the Gabba.. not bad at all.

prateik

These 2 now have the 2nd and 3rd highest scores in this test.. behind Labuschagne

mav_9me

Commentator was pointing how till this over they had been very defensive and patient against Lyon despite being bombarded by Starc. Speaks volumes about their courage.

mav_9me

Never ever imagined we would get this close to their score. Unbelievable fight.

Cooksen

The Millennium Falcao
I am convinced that Paine and Langer's grand strategy is "they will get themselves out dont worry lads" or "keep bowling short they will never expect it the 100th time"

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Amazing innings Shardul. Well played.

MDFC Manager

Done more than his job, well played. Hope he can follow up with another good bowling effort.