Cristian Romero

Pexbo

Online influencer who has never watched Star Wars
Supports
Big Days
So he was valued at £45,000,000 a couple of days ago but now he’s valued at £4,500,000,000?

krentz

Quality control
I feel like he 'should' be good in our system, which I agree is defensive, because he seems aggressive and aerially good, the ball playing part isn't really that relevant for us and I'm assuming all professional footballers have a basic level of passing. He looks like he could be in that mould but I do also think Serie A is slower and less physically intense, it's hard to know how different leagues will adapt to the PL.

Just look at Lindelof, I remember some articles talking about his speed and mobility as well as being imposing at 6ft 2 when he was coming from Benfica. Then take someone like Dias, who is great but also quite slow, Pep changed his tactics to accommodate Dias/Stones as a partnership...we don't seem to have any plan B so I think we have to sign rapid and strong CBs as a priority, particularly because Maguire isn't going anywhere and he lacks mobility.
Both Victoria Linda and Ruben Dias came from same Portugese club, so i dont understand your comparisson. Rapid and strong CB is exactly what people described of Cristian Romero.

abundance

Supports
Inter
Crap, how could I have forgotten about Materazzi? :annoyed:

Regarding Silvestre, didn't he mostly play at left back for Inter? Like Desailly, I'm reluctant to count him because of that.
ah, yeah, you're right, he was sort of a left back for us back then.

I say "sort of" as we were playing a deliciously retro system those days under Simoni and then caretakar Lucescu, it was basically a throwback to vintage '80 serie A "zona mista" - so we nominally had a back four but one fullback played more like a wide CB in a back three.

gajender

Yes, Seems like they want to get rid of Matip
Irrelevant Liverpool aren't bringing in two first team starters without assessing how VVD does this season, they have already done their CB shopping for the season

UNITED ACADEMY

Never watch him before, but based on stats, defensively he's very good and probably the best one out there compares to our targets and our current CB (although conceded lot of fouls). But on the ball, he's not very good compares to Lindelof, Torres, Maguire, Varane, and Kounde. You expect him to do more on the ball since he played in an adventurous team like Atalanta. It will be an interesting signing if he end up joining us, could either become the new Vidic or the new Rojo.

Romero vs Others

sp_107

Are you ok to get rid of both Bailey/Lindelof and bring in Varane & Romero ?

We can get 40M for Bailey/Lindelof and thrn sign Varane/Romero for 90M, means with 50M net spemd we can fix our CD places with Maguire/Varane/Romero/Taunzebe

We could try 3 in CD too

Gandalf

Are you ok to get rid of both Bailey/Lindelof and bring in Varane & Romero ?

We can get 40M for Bailey/Lindelof and thrn sign Varane/Romero for 90M, means with 50M net spemd we can fix our CD places with Maguire/Varane/Romero/Taunzebe

We could try 3 in CD too
I was almost with you until I realized you were including Taunzebe. I would rather sell Axel and keep Victor but failing that if Phil Jones is fit again he is easily ahead of Axel for me.