Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

padzilla

Hipster
This doesn't seem like it's confirmed at all. As unsurprising as it would be.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Let's be fair. Most of us would be off in a heartbeat if an employer came in and offered 7-8 times our current wages. It would be absolute nonsense to claim otherwise.

Who knows what other potential offers were out there. Who's going to bother even envisaging it when he's received an offer for 3m+ a season elsewhere. It'd be like Wigan considering a bid for Mbappe.
People keep saying this, but if it’s that appealing why didn’t he do it in his peak? Or a couple of years ago instead of coming to us? He could’ve made just as much, if not more!

No one thinks it’s ridiculous that he’s accepted a lot of money… they think it’s ridiculous that he’s spent months wailing and gnashing about playing in the Champions League. About our low standards, our lack of competitiveness, and our betrayal by not treating him as worthy of starting important high profile top level games…. Only to force his way out to play for a team no one had heard of 6 months ago in a retirement desert league! The fecking cheek of it!*

(* if it’s true, of course.)

Traub

It’ll be some fecking cheek to go on TV and accuse us of having low standards only to join the fecking Saudi League… I’m sure they have a nice swimming pool though.

Apparently for all his peak professionalism and desire to compete at the highest level, he would rather play every game in a desert junk competition than face the humiliating prospect of facing City, Liverpool & Barcelona without being an automatic starter…. Hmmm
At this point it's clearly about stat padding. He has the chance of adding 50-100 goals to his record if he spends two and a half years there (I'm guessing, no idea how many games they play there or the quality).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Sure there is :lol:

People genuinely thought he'd lower his demands, finish his career at Sporting in the CL at a 'club close to his heart'

Absolute bollocks :lol: instead he goes for the high money offer. Sad to see.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Ronaldo's best friend has commented:

Chairman Steve

Piers went to the Brazilian training camp, whacked Jesus in the knee with a hammer, putting him out for 3 months, meaning the path is clear for Ronaldo to go to Arsenal obviously! :p

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Aboubakar, Luiz Gustavo, Davide Ospina will be his teammates if true.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Funnier thing us even at Saudi he won't be prolific like some think, he's declined massively

For Portugal he's missed so many chances, it's not rustiness.

One of his headers he would usually bury it ended up being a defensive header.

This money is also about him being an ambassador for the 2030 WC bid I'd bet, they want to use his name, and Messis it's political.

romufc

Funnier thing us even at Saudi he won't be prolific like some think, he's declined massively

This money is also about him being an ambassador for the 2030 WC bid I'd bet, they want to use his name, and Messis it's political.
This. Ronaldo has massively declined. YOu could take Ronaldo because he would score you goals however; this season he is missing way too many chances and contributing nothing else.

He has missed some good chances in this WC where you usually see him scoring.

My mate is an Arsenal fan and was like yeah take him for 6 months, they all believe in the Ronaldo is rusty which is why he isnt finishing some of the chances.

For anyone who thinks that... go have a look at the minutes he has had this season, he has played alot of games. Alot of games he hasn't played has also been his fault, pretending to be ill, being disciplined... etc.

Herman Toothrot

Yeah, that wasn't great, was hilarious to hear Danny Murphy praising his anticipation though. Even when they're doing very little, Messi and Ronaldo can only be labeled 'genius' or 'brilliant' by the commentators.

Chief123

Let's be fair. Most of us would be off in a heartbeat if an employer came in and offered 7-8 times our current wages. It would be absolute nonsense to claim otherwise.

Who knows what other potential offers were out there. Who's going to bother even envisaging it when he's received an offer for 3m+ a season elsewhere. It'd be like Wigan considering a bid for Mbappe.
Yes most likely most of us would have but most of us wouldn’t have postured claiming the club disrespected him by not starting him every game or benching him some games because he thinks he’s good enough to start every game. Then for him to sign for a nothing league is what’s funny.

Chief123

Since the summer we’ve been hearing about these “wider” offers and even Ronaldo claiming their were lots of offers yet not a single top club has showed interest in signing him. In fact, they’ve been coming out saying they categorically aren’t interested.

Bless his ego.

Rockets Redglare

I mean Ighalo has scored shitloads of goals since going there so I don’t see how Ronaldo won’t. Yes he’s lost a step (or twenty) but against the absolutely shite defending there he’ll score a lot of goals.

bringbackbebe

What would Al Nassr or whatever club gain by signing him and paying him absurd money? No one's gonna buy an Al-Nassr shirt because Ronaldo's playing there!

Surely you can buy an entire squad of players & be topping the Saudi league for that money? :nervous:

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
What would Al Nassr or whatever club gain by signing him and paying him absurd money? No one's gonna buy an Al-Nassr shirt because Ronaldo's playing there!

Surely you can buy an entire squad of players & be topping the Saudi league for that money? :nervous:
Sportswashing.

It's about trying to win the 2030 World Cup bid and get Ronaldos name in the Saudi League.

The same reason the MLS bought people like Beckham they will try to get big players in their twilight years for pay days.

They want to raise the profile of the league, win the 2030 WC they've already got Messi on board as an ambassador.

They need to build Saudi into something thats not just Oil so they'll try tourism and football as a start.

This isn't about Ronaldo its about trying to build the profile of Saudi.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
So many people are really gagging for this Al-Nassr news to be true. Very odd.
Wouldn't say people are gagging for anything. I'm completely indifferent to what he does with his career, he has maybe two years left before retirement it's understandable if he takes the money.

TheReligion

Abusive

I think you miss the wider point.

It’s the narrative being pumped out that he wanted CL football and that in a way United were beneath him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
What is this man I thought Rio said the club didn't let him leave when he had so many offers from legendary clubs out there...

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I feel a bit sorry for the Al-Nassr players. Imagine having this ego maniac turning up on millions more than you are, automatically starting every week no questions asked, waving his arms around at you because you can't pick his forehead out with a perfect cross when he's surrounded by 5 defenders, stropping around the pitch because he didn't score a goal or claiming that the tip of his hair brushed the ball on it's way in... nightmare.
I don't particularly like Ronaldo. But they are average players getting to play with one of the top 10 players of all time.

I'm sure they won't mind too much.

NewDawnFades

This feels like vindication for Ten Hag and everyone at United, no? This and the Piers Morgan interview prove he’s a narcissist and that he massively overrated his ability/value for champions league level clubs.
Good riddance.

Chairman Steve

What is this man I thought Rio said the club didn't let him leave when he had so many offers from legendary clubs out there...
He said that? :lol: I get it he’s a mate and he’s not going to rubbish him, but the ‘offers from legendary clubs’ will just make him look silly if his next club is in the Middle East.

Status
Not open for further replies.