Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brophs

The One and Only
Cheeky loan bid for during the Saudi off season? Like bringing in Larsson, except this guy is an absolute tube.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Messi is the GOAT, but he already is looking washed in the UCL against good opposition tbh.

He is hacking it in Ligue 1 with PSG, Ronaldo could hack it in France too if he was 2 years younger..

37 years old Messi won't be in Europe probably.
TMDaines reckons he's still the best in the world :lol:

saivet

I know he's 38 but what a fall from grace. Became a football meme in the space of a few weeks and then hightails it to the Middle East to stat pad.
I think it's more to do with what's happened this season. Refusing to come on, sulking at United, the interview and even whining at the World Cup.

Would have been better for him to either go there in the summer or accept his bench role and leave in January or the summer without all the drama.

On paper, it's a great deal from Saudi but he's just managed this situation horribly and he looks a fool for it.

I think there'd be a lot of respect it it was done gracefully.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t know why there are still people keep suggesting that. Both the criminal court and civil court has long dismissed the case, with no option of appeal. How could the accuser possibly do anything in future against the law of court?
Probably the same geniuses who still think everything has to wait for the Stock Market to open, or that shirt sales will cover some huge fee.

USREDEVIL

I know he's 38 but what a fall from grace. Became a football meme in the space of a few weeks and then hightails it to the Middle East to stat pad.
He's been thoroughly put in his place. Acted like he should be starting every game for United. Meanwhile cant even secure a decent club. Not hating on him but that's what you get when you let your ego get out of control.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I think it's more to do with what's happened this season. Refusing to come on, sulking at United, the interview and even whining at the World Cup.

Would have been better for him to either go there in the summer or accept his bench role and leave in January or the summer without all the drama.

On paper, it's a great deal from Saudi but he's just managed this situation horribly and he looks a fool for it.

It's been an utterly ludicrous 6 months work.

The only way he could have made it a sillier exit would have been to slag off Fergie, the fans and Manchester, and try and sue us to try and join Liverpool or something.

Just a breathtakingly bizarre way to go out.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
He's been thoroughly put in his place. Acted like he should be starting every game for United. Meanwhile cant even secure a decent club. Not hating on him but that's what you get when you let your ego get out of control.
In fairness, he'll be the highest paid player the world has ever seen. That probably massively boosts his ego over say, moving to some team just about still scraping around in the champions league like Porto or someone.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The unwillingness to drop wage demands is so ridiculous. Human obsession with numbers on a screen will never cease to amaze me.

Ladron de redcafe

It's been a disastrous season. Watching his chief rival lead his country to the world cup and winning the golden ball while he gets benched by club and country cannot be easy.

He miscalculated everything.

Deco10Legend

Supports
Fc Porto
It kinda feels like he accepted defeat. Messi won, better cash out now.

LordSpud

You have to wonder deep down whether Piers Morgan knew this would ruin Ronaldo and was very happy to lead that interview as a result? The last month since that interview has been an absolute car wreck for him.

Ladron de redcafe

He and his agent made last ditch efforts to try to get ANY top team to sign him but it seems that there were no biters.

GMoore23

He and his agent made last ditch efforts to try to get ANY top team to sign him but it seems that there were no biters.
Probably, but their wage demands were probably a joke. He wants to be paid like he's still in his prime, narcissistic cnut.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
You have to wonder deep down whether Piers Morgan knew this would ruin Ronaldo and was very happy to lead that interview as a result? The last month since that interview has been an absolute car wreck for him.
You are giving too much credit to Piers Morgan. If Ronaldo wanted to do an interview while walking him on a leash around the block, Piers would happily do it without giving it a second thought.

He was just happy Ronaldo decided to talk with him. And got even more unbearable in the process.

Sauxees Moi Hui

He should have resigned to being a backup player for United this season and spent the last few months getting his coaching badges and mentoring our younger players. Would have earned him much goodwill and cemented his legend status at United.

But instead...

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
He should have resigned to being a backup player for United this season and spent the last few months getting his coaching badges and mentoring our younger players. Would have earned him much goodwill and cemented his legend status at United.

But instead...
Yep, he's clearly struggling with getting older/more limited. He could have been a proper leader and gone as a legend, it's a shame but might end up being good for us.

USREDEVIL

In fairness, he'll be the highest paid player the world has ever seen. That probably massively boosts his ego over say, moving to some team just about still scraping around in the champions league like Porto or someone.
I guess. It's just a marketing ploy. They aren't even hiding it. It will boost his ego in a more famous/celebrity sense though. That's kind of what he is at this point. But footballing wise if he signed with Chelsea or some actually relevant team, that'd be what he's really looking for.

BerryBerryShrew

TMDaines reckons he's still the best in the world :lol:
It's hardly outlandish to suggest that. He was the best player at a World Cup that finished last Sunday so unless he has substantially declined within a week he has as much of a claim as anyone. A year from now it might be a different story.

The Firestarter

It's hardly outlandish to suggest that. He was the best player at a World Cup that finished last Sunday so unless he has substantially declined within a week he has as much of a claim as anyone. A year from now it might be a different story.
I mean , I know what this is but you are doing it very convincingly.

Pronewbie

Peep
In his eyes this is probably a glorified pre-season where he gets to rake in tens of millions in 8 months or so before pimping himself out again to Champions League clubs next season.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He can be the football ambassador of saudi/qatar in the future. So he will benefit in the long run too.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
you’re talking about messi here right?

Ladron de redcafe

Yep. And so was @TMDaines
Messi is, at the moment. I thought he was talking about Ronaldo and nearly pissed myself laughing.

Clinching the world cup as the top performer is the pinnacle of world football. And to do it at 35.5 was astonishing.
He has a combined 42 goal contributions since August (half a season) while not being a focal point of his club's attack or taking their penalties. It's remarkable.

AndySmith1990

Too good for our bench eh? Storming off because you're not the star man at United? Yet no club in Europe wants the prat and he's left with his tail between his legs crawling off to a league nobody gives a single solitary shit about. What a pathetically fitting end for a man whose ego grew out of control

Ish

Lights on for Luke
How the mighty have fallen. At least join the MLS or something. You have ton of money already.
If he can’t be the football ability GOAT, he is going to be the football money GOAT it seems :lol:

Great deal for him but sad in the way he’s ended up there through virtually being rejected by all CL clubs in Europe

fallengt

So he did interview with Piers Morgan, forced his way out to join Saudi club for mega money. Is this his legacy?
Oh boy, this isn't going to sit well

Ladron de redcafe

So he did interview with Piers Morgan, forced his way out to join Saudi club for mega money. Is this his legacy?
Oh boy, this isn't going to sit well
What else is left? As @Ish pointed out, he can't do it football-wise. His legacy can't be improved there because he's already lost the Ballón d'Or race, lost the golden boots race, retired with the most disappointing world cup career out of the greats and has no chance to remedy that, has watched his closest rival put the dagger in him by leading his country to the world cup at nearly 36. He's not going to bridge the deficit in trophies.

There's not much he can do to improve his football legacy at this point. All he can focus on is money, and good for him.

General_Elegancia

Chillin' with the Dugongs
Supports
Liverpool, AC Milan
This season, he did something silly to his life both unacceptable behaviors against United, and his poor performances on the pitch. His ego is out of control now, and I don't know why he doesn't reduce his egos like a lot of top athletes( even Lebron James has reduced some of his this season).

Last edited:

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
No way he lives the next 7 years in Saudi Arabia.

Over time his family, particularly the women in his family won't be able to tolerate the restrictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.