Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
How much money is enough?
He is wealthy enough he wouldnt need to work for a century, If he really wanted champions league football he could have gone back to Sporting and played for free and grabbed back some of his lost honour.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
No one really watches it. His new club get about 17 000 fans in the stadium on average which is the second highest. Couple of the clubs average just 600 fans per game. One club had an attendance of 311 people.
So it's really like retirement or at least his retirement from relevant and competitive football. Not sure if he still plans to play in Portugal shortly after and he could also had gone to Germany to add another league to his record. Anyway it was probably a very good offer to let go, specially at this stage and he has already done a lot in football so good luck to him.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
His mates, Rio and Keane must still be blaming the club for not letting him go in the summer when he had myriad of offers from UCL clubs.

FerociousCorgis

He is wealthy enough he wouldnt need to work for a century, If he really wanted champions league football he could have gone back to Sporting and played for free and grabbed back some of his lost honour.
Exactly. He has plenty and still can earn more with sponsorships. Could've had a little more glory but enjoy the retirement

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Most players get a chance to mentally prepare for retirement. This is after blindsiding Ronaldo, he wasn't ready to step down yet. It must be a shock to him. The money he'll be paid will make up for it but he definitely wasn't ready to step down from the top level for another two years at least as he said in that interview

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That first game walking out to a tiny stadium will really be a huge reality check.

TsuWave

"Lost honour" :lol: :lol:

this place is insane

TsuWave

It’s often the case that football fans fail to grasp the fact that what [rich] people tend to want more than anything else is to be even richer. Ronaldo is far from the first player to take a massive salary in some dog shit league instead of doing something romantic at his boyhood club. A wise man once said “too much money ain’t enough money”
Facts

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
But he’s already rich beyond any one’s wildest dreams and doesn’t he make something like a million for every instagram endorsement he does ? Why the need to undermine a standing as a legend of the game ? (Not Utd legend obviously)
People want more money always, it doesn't matter if they are already very rich.

Rolaholic

Crazy how literally the opposite of everything said there happened :lol:

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
"Lost honour" :lol: :lol:

this place is insane
Normal people who never managed huge amounts of money struggling to understand why rich people always want more money.

Bet they would change companies if they get offered triple the salary, even if they have a comfortable life already.

Stack

Normal people who never managed huge amounts of money struggling to understand why rich people always want more money.

Bet they would change companies if they get offered triple the salary, even if they have a comfortable life already.
You kind of miss the point that he made such a big deal about the Champions League and how important it was but despite being unbelievably wealthy still goes for the money. No credibility left.

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
He has lost a whole lot of credibility in his last few months with us. He has left a great big ugly stain on his legacy with how he acted. if you cant see that then you are blind
His legacy is fine, most people will forget about this in 5 years when he is already retired and attending FIFA events as ambassador.

By late 2000s, most people already forgot that Maradona was a drug addict that refused to recognize some of his children.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
But he’s already rich beyond any one’s wildest dreams and doesn’t he make something like a million for every instagram endorsement he does ? Why the need to undermine a standing as a legend of the game ? (Not Utd legend obviously)
He wants even more. Did you see his interview with Morgan where they were both basically rubbing one out to the fact that he has such a high net worth?

For the undermining thing — this does nothing in the grand scheme of things. He’s the second best player of the past 20 years or so and will rightly go down in history as such. Going Qatar didn’t do anything negative for Xavi; Japan for Iniesta; MLS for Rooney/Beckham etc…

DWelbz19

You kind of miss the point that he made such a big deal about the Champions League and how important it was but despite being unbelievably wealthy still goes for the money. No credibility left.
Yeah, that part was him being an odious wanker - no shock there - but the part about him choosing incredible sums of money over some football romance wasn’t surprising

jamesjimmybyrondean

Funny how Ronaldo fans were mocking Messi for going to Psg for the money instead of playing in Barcelona for free

Shakesy

WW Head of Recruiting

My wife and I just had this conversation. We're holidaying in the house of a filthy rich relative and I said, "Remember, it's never enough." she asked why. I couldn't give a sound, logical answer. Surely there has to be a point when enough is enough...?

FrankFoot

Supports
Neutral
Yes, rich people can be very hypocritical as well.

Where are the news?

DWelbz19

My wife and I just had this conversation. We're holidaying in the house of a filthy rich relative and I said, "Remember, it's never enough." she asked why. I couldn't give a sound, logical answer. Surely there has to be a point when enough is enough...?
There just really isn’t. History shows us this time and time again.

Stack

His legacy is fine, most people will forget about this in 5 years when he is already retired and attending FIFA events as ambassador.

By late 2000s, most people already forgot that Maradona was a drug addict that refused to recognize some of his children.
I was a hard core defender of Ronaldo right up to the World Cup. I spoke about how the death of his kid wasnt respected enough, I had him as being Messi's equal for years. Go through old threads and I was always on his side of things.
He finally lost me at the WC with his antics and now this just strengthens that feeling. I wonder how many are like me.
feck Ronaldo. Just a money Whore

jamesjimmybyrondean

The whole "rich people not being contempt" happens to often that at this point it's probably like a human thing and most of us would do the same

Moiraine

Idiot, stole yet another moment, didn’t even respected the legends death. I don’t like him anymore.

r1z3mu

Never,ever,ever,ever a fvcking legend at Utd, how much longer are people going to perpetuate this absolute horseshit
When I said "retired as a legend" I meant legend of game, not MU legend. Now he is going to fade into obscurity as a rich turd.

Nicolarra90

Not a chance. At least not in South America. There's still plenty memes about his drug addiction until this very day.

Theonas

Scout
This really makes no sense at all. If he knew as we all suspected that no CL wanted him and that leaving us would expose how unwanted he is right now. Why did he go through all that trouble? There was a part of me that thought he had a deal lined up because if you go on talking about you can play for two more years and believe in yourself and all that, surely you have to have something tangible? It's really strange how he willingly put himself in this position taking a deal he would have scoffed at a month ago. Did Mendes lead him on? Why was Keane talking about how there was suitors for him?

mu4c_20le

When I said "retired as a legend" I meant legend of game, not MU legend. Now he is going to fade into obscurity as a rich turd.
Most people fade off when they retire, unless they become managers or pundits. No one relaly thinks of Becks until he showed up for the oil money.

Status
Not open for further replies.