Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

I'm always amazed when people argue that someone can't turn down that amount of money when he's already got hundreds of millions in the bank. It's crazy to me that anyone would want more when they already have enough money for several lifetimes of luxury living.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
The Athletic and their reporters say he was
Romano and the rest said he did not. Irrespective of that, the deal was crap. We paid a fee for a 36 year old who left on a free a year a half later, 6 months of whom while acting as a proper cnut

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I'm always amazed when people argue that someone can't turn down that amount of money when he's already got hundreds of millions in the bank. It's crazy to me that anyone would want more when they already have enough money for several lifetimes of luxury living.
He spends tens of millions a year to maintain his lifestyle. I am sure his private jet alone will coast at least £5m a year to maintain.
It will amaze you how quick some of these ultra wealthy peoole burn through cash.
No matter how rich you are, trippling your salary will have an impact. €500m for two years work will greatly matter to Ronaldo.

Zen

He spends tens of millions a year to maintain his lifestyle. I am sure his private jet alone will coast at least £5m a year to maintain.
It will amaze you how quick some of these ultra wealthy peoole burn through cash.
No matter how rich you are, trippling your salary will have an impact. €500m for two years work will greatly matter to Ronaldo.
His security detail alone probably costs more than 95% of the Premierships salary.... Mayweather went into some of this spending in one of those HBO 24/7 series that follows him before a big fight and he's not the level of Ronaldo. Some insane money gets spent when you get to that level of public interest before they see their actual end..

royboy16

The moon gave me flowers for funerals to come.
These people live differently to the rest of us and require a lot of money to live that way.
Very hard to turn down that amount of money offered regardless how rich he is.

FerociousCorgis

These people live differently to the rest of us and require a lot of money to live that way.
i mean i feel like he should have so much already to live however he wants, and especially he would be the type to still be able to do endorsement deals wherever he goes. So could he be fine taking like 30k a week playing for a huge team and find a way to make up some of the money in endorsements there? Youd have to think if he just had a ridic low base salary and either put it in bonuses or just made it up off the pitch he could eeke out another year or two in a big club

AndySmith1990

Unless you're buying new private yachts and jets every few months I can't think of why anyone would need to earn hundreds of millions per year

TheGame

He’s a fecking joke, whinging and whining about playing in the Champions League yet no one wants him. Failing to accept his decline due to age. Well at least it’s one last payday for him. I’m sure his acolytes would turn this into some positive story for him.

Last edited:

pogbasformerbarber

Al Nasser is the only thing that made sense at this point. He wasn't getting a CL team offer, and even if he did he knows he would run into the same issues he did with us in terms of playing time. All of the CL teams knew this which is why they were likely passing...since he'd be just as much of a brat as he was here.

So he takes the money and saves face...since the money level at least would feed his massive ego. Sad end to a sad saga...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
He’s a fecking joke, whinging and whining about playing in the Champions League yet no one wants him. Failing to accept his decline due to age. Well at least it’s one last payday for him. I’m sure his acolytes would turn this into some positive story for him.
Hold on. His bestie says its not true:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
One thing I’ve discovered in all of this is that Ronaldo fans are infinitely more annoying than the most annoying Liverpool fans. For that reason alone, I can’t wait for him to bugger off to the Middle East and be forgotten about.

scottser

200m per year is just shy of four million euros per week.
four million.
per week.
what the actual f?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Poor people who don't live in the west look at all of us the same way. "How can they want more luxury with food shelter and water provided!"

Human beings are greedy to an extent we can't fathom.

Also these people wanna take the next big step. Just being a millionaire is not enough. The wanna make an extra 600 million to further invest.

peridigm

I would be confident in asserting that it's nowhere near 4 fukn million a week.
No doubt. Just wondering how much this is going to upset the other players that are making much less. Not that he’d care.

pogbasformerbarber

Pretty sure that would be tax free as well.
Non-Saudi residents have an income tax of around 20% I believe. Im not sure how thats applied though. It very well could be tax free with some clever work arounds. Still...20% on those types of numbers aint bad...

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Siuuuuuuuuuuuadi

Aramco will have an oil pump named after him

Lee565

Football is sleep walking into the oil rich Arabic countries eventually taking over the sport like they have been attempting with other sports

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
This'll show Ten Hag and United. Bet Erik is gonna be kicking himself watching him score against the likes of Al Battin and Ettifaq. What a plonker he's gonna look.

Shark

@NotShark
If he had a single brain cell he'd have accepted a squad role at United and end his career with dignity helping out where required. Now he's ending it in the middle east. What a tragic end to an incredible career.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Ronaldo going to earn more money than Redcafe combined will do in a 100 lifetimes, playing football in a land of summer and opulence. Not quite sure why he would turn that down. I would take that money a million times over.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
This is what he forced an exit for? Embarrassing.

Still, worked out well for us.
To be fair I would force an exit for that kind of money. I'm surprised that he didn't accelerate the process by slapping ETH on the sideline weeks ago.

TheGame

To be fair I would force an exit for that kind of money. I'm surprised that he didn't accelerate the process by slapping ETH on the sideline weeks ago.
But in his interview he said he already had lots of offers in the summer which would have included this one but he rejected them now he's thrown a hissy fit, he suddenly wants it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This is what he forced an exit for? Embarrassing.

Still, worked out well for us.
Not at all. If reports are to be believed, this was on offer in the summer including a decent fee for United. I guess what he held out for in the summer was a CL chance and once he didn't get that and also had to contend with being a bit-part player he couldn't handle it. Still think he'd be desperate to get a CL club still, the money will likely still be available in the Middle East later on. But if Messi retires in the US it might make it easier to go into the same kind of retirement. Very unlikely Messi will though.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
But in his interview he said he already had lots of offers in the summer which would have included this one but he rejected them now he's thrown a hissy fit, he suddenly wants it.
That was then, at the time he probably was deluded enough to think that a top team would take him with the wage offered by United. At least that's my guess.

Gazza

He wanted the Saudi money in the summer but was prepared to wait a few months to use United’s top of the line, modernized swimming pool and training facilities to get in shape for the World Cup.
wyt-tex

Status
Not open for further replies.