Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarm

Either some nailed on moves fell through last minute, or his agent has had an absolute nightmare there.
I think I remember reading that his agent was taken as much by surprise by the interview as the rest of us were.

The Firestarter

Will he still be allowed to carry a mirror around and kiss that publicly? Because it would devastate him if he couldn't.
Is there a mirror in the world that is perfect enough to be kissed by such deity? Maybe bring down to Earth the JWST mirror.

ScholesyTheWise

I know it's been discussed to death but still,

I'd have been really intrigued to be able to enter the mind of a person who has, say, 500 million quid in his bank account,
and finds it necessary to have 200 million more.

Not a dig at Ronaldo at all, mind. and I concede that the vast majority of us would not have turned down such an offer.

But then- what more can you possibly buy after the first few houses, cars, stocks, businesses etc etc... The answer is surely nothing at all?

So it's interesting to know whether there's a single multimillionaire in the world who'll be able to see that his need for even more money is purely psychological,

and has no real meaning "out there in the world" where the money is actually used to buy things.

High status in society is a strange thing.

Real Name

Yep. Imagine having fallen to the level of being paid 4million a week.

What a fall from grace :lol:
In the terms of his career yes it's a fall from grace. He made a fuss with the interview, burned his bridges with United only to end up in Saudi Arabia.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
1. 500m earnings in 2.5 years playing in a desert at lower standard football, in a country made of oil. You probably don’t want your children to live/go to school over there. You basically end your football career the moment you sign the paper, it’s a great business deal though.

vs

2. 40m earnings in 2.5 years playing in some mid table clubs at top league but without any hope of landing major trophies (ie Newcastle, Roma etc). But you still get all the media spotlight.

vs

3. 20m earning in 2.5 years playing in a farmers league (top 6 league) with some hope of winning domestic trophies, getting some CL appearance and extending his career/CL record (ie Sporting)

Hmmm difficult decision right? What would you choose?

Last edited:

Real Name

So his fans are of course now bringing up the money, CL stuff has vanished miraculously.

redcucumber

1. 500m earnings in 2.5 years playing in a desert at lower standard football, in a country made of oil. You probably don’t want your children to live/go to school over there.

vs

2. 40m earnings in 2.5 years playing in some mid table clubs at top league but without any hope of landing major trophies (ie Newcastle, Roma etc). But you still get all the media spotlight.

vs

3. 20m earning in 2.5 years playing in a farmers league (top 6 league) with some hope of winning domestic trophies, getting some CL appearance and extending his career/CL record (ie Sporting)

Given I'm an old tart who's already got more money than I could ever spend, I'd plump for Sporting. I also wouldn't give an interview with a shit-spewing slab of turd like Piers Morgan.

romufc

I love how a "Football" player criticises a club for being too commercial, yet in the same interview talks about him being in Forbes magazine...

The fans who bought Ronaldo's interview are deluded.

R'hllor

Dunno why mentioning money as its a victory, for poor common folk guess it is but from his perspective (if he ends up in SA) new reality would shatters his delusion of his value overall and ego would be hurting as mf.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1. 500m earnings in 2.5 years playing in a desert at lower standard football, in a country made of oil. You probably don’t want your children to live/go to school over there. You basically end your football career the moment you sign the paper, it’s a great business deal though.

vs

vs

Impossible for us normal people to tap into the mentality.
When you've been the best, what is the smart decision?

Having come back to United, staying this season surely had to be it. Yes you won't start every game, but he must realise his output was higher last season in that period with more rest in between games. For selfish reasons getting more rest should have appealed.

I'd have therefore made sure I stayed at United for the next 6months, having not go away in the summer.

Then maybe 1 year in Sporting, if you had any romantic feel there still.
Then one last year messing about for the highest paid offer in some D list league.

But I suppose you can't guarantee that offer will still be there 1.5 years later.
But he may well find that he gets sick of the lack of attention and standard in the D list league and not want to stick it out for 3 years.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year

vs

vs

Personally I’d have gone with…

4. Not throw a fit and burn your bridges with the traditionally elite media darling club fighting for top 4 in the hardest league in the world, with a reasonable chance of domestic cup success, whose next European fixture is a glamour tie against Barcelona that’ll probably be watched by more people than any of the parallel CL games, by acting like being brought on as a substitute in a must win game against a direct rival is insultingly beneath you as you’re still good enough to start… only to run off to an absolute junk League at the first opportunity where you’ll have no standards and no competition, especially when you publicly refuted rumours you were going to do that in the summer when your PR team were putting out the message you wanted out due to of a lack of Champions League football and the status you felt was befitting you.

I’d maybe have ended the season professionally still being paid an absolute packet and occasionally contributing at the very highest level of both competition and visibility, where at most you lose 6 months of not playing every single minute, but retain the respect and reputation you’ve carefully cultivated plus the chance to remain highly relevant, before magnanimously taking the whopping pay packet in the summer and airing your grievances in a shitty book like everyone else..

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
It was about CL and now it's about money. What a way to shift the goal posts
I think if Bayern or a top team was interested he would sign, he won't go to a mid table team so he will go for the money in the Saudi league.

Theres a point where he isn't going to sign for someone like Dortmund for instance or an Ajax so then money is fine.

Gazza

It’s so strange that Ronaldo’s acolytes aren’t satisfied with enjoying his feats on the pitch, they have to be there like his attorney even when it comes to off pitch matters. I can kind of understand football fans being beholden to a player for what they do on the pitch, but to be there cheering on his cash grab efforts is just bizarre.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
Everyone acting like they also wouldn't jump at the chance to play in Saudi Arabia :rolleyes:
If I was already as rich as Ronaldo I would be opting to trying to play in the Champions league as long as I could, even to the extent given the stage in his career of lowering all wage expectations.
I mean how much is enough money?
he has a chance to keep scoring in the Champions league if he finds a club, setting records there that might last a long time.
Again with respect to the fact he is already massively rich, how much is enough?

Kelly15

I feel for Ronaldo. What he is going though can not be fun. Doesn't mean I excuse his shitty behavior, but you can clearly see he is struggling massively with his decline. What he said about Rooney was so embarrassing. I actually felt really bad for Ronaldo when he said that. Looks are superficial. Means nothing. But to Ronaldo it a way to get validation. To make him feel good about himself. All external validation. It's why he is so thin skinned.

"narcissists are extremely sensitive to criticism or slights, which feel to them like knives threatening their self-image and their confidence in their visions. Narcissists are almost unimaginably thin-skinned. Like the fairy-tale princess who slept on many mattresses and yet knew she was sleeping on a pea, narcissists—even powerful CEOs—bruise easily. This is one explanation why narcissistic leaders do not want to know what people think of them unless it is causing them a real problem. They cannot tolerate dissent. In fact, they can be extremely abrasive with employees who doubt them or with subordinates who are tough enough to fight back. Steve Jobs, for example, publicly humiliates subordinates. Thus, although narcissistic leaders often say that they want teamwork, what that means in practice is that they want a group of yes-men."

"narcissists tend to be high achievers and very driven, because they believe that they need to be special and superior. Underneath it all, they feel empty and worthless inside. Part of this need to be special is driven by their insatiable need for admiration: Achieving high goals, being particularly successful and powerful, is an attempt to feel better about themselves. The admiration that comes with being superior, powerful and unique, is also a way of getting validation from the outside world, of chasing away that lingering inner sense of worthlessness that is so torturous for the narcissist."

Happiness comes from within. All the money and fame in the world can not buy you happiness. External validation is temporary. It's like a drug addition constantly chasing your next hit of dopamine.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I know it's been discussed to death but still,

I'd have been really intrigued to be able to enter the mind of a person who has, say, 500 million quid in his bank account,
and finds it necessary to have 200 million more.

Not a dig at Ronaldo at all, mind. and I concede that the vast majority of us would not have turned down such an offer.

But then- what more can you possibly buy after the first few houses, cars, stocks, businesses etc etc... The answer is surely nothing at all?

So it's interesting to know whether there's a single multimillionaire in the world who'll be able to see that his need for even more money is purely psychological,

and has no real meaning "out there in the world" where the money is actually used to buy things.

High status in society is a strange thing.
I've said much the same about billionaires for ages but I guess one thing he might be able to afford is... Manchester United! (joke)

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I feel for Ronaldo. What he is going though can not be fun. Doesn't mean I excuse his shitty behavior, but you can clearly see he is struggling massively with his decline. What he said about Rooney was so embarrassing. I actually felt really bad for Ronaldo when he said that. Looks are superficial. Means nothing. But to Ronaldo it a way to get validation. To make him feel good about himself. All external validation. It's why he is so thin skinned.

"narcissists are extremely sensitive to criticism or slights, which feel to them like knives threatening their self-image and their confidence in their visions. Narcissists are almost unimaginably thin-skinned. Like the fairy-tale princess who slept on many mattresses and yet knew she was sleeping on a pea, narcissists—even powerful CEOs—bruise easily. This is one explanation why narcissistic leaders do not want to know what people think of them unless it is causing them a real problem. They cannot tolerate dissent. In fact, they can be extremely abrasive with employees who doubt them or with subordinates who are tough enough to fight back. Steve Jobs, for example, publicly humiliates subordinates. Thus, although narcissistic leaders often say that they want teamwork, what that means in practice is that they want a group of yes-men."

"narcissists tend to be high achievers and very driven, because they believe that they need to be special and superior. Underneath it all, they feel empty and worthless inside. Part of this need to be special is driven by their insatiable need for admiration: Achieving high goals, being particularly successful and powerful, is an attempt to feel better about themselves. The admiration that comes with being superior, powerful and unique, is also a way of getting validation from the outside world, of chasing away that lingering inner sense of worthlessness that is so torturous for the narcissist."

Happiness comes from within. All the money and fame in the world can not buy you happiness. External validation is temporary. It's like a drug addition constantly chasing your next hit of dopamine.
He could have said worse to be fair

pogbasformerbarber

He’s looked the same to me in the World Cup so far as he was for us all season. He’s had one goal on a penalty. He’s been in decent position a few times and muffed the attempt, otherwise he’s been largely unimpressive…often a half foot late to balls. He oddly looses possession incredibly easy these days as well, which was something I’ve never attributed to him in the past.

Thats exactly how I’d describe him with us…he is what he is at this point. No amount of prior success can make up for that large of a sample size. He has to take the SA deal…if only to save face. He can justify it by the ridiculous money, but he’s not going to get a realistic offer from a CL club. If he’s too delusional to realize this his agents must…

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
He’s looked the same to me in the World Cup so far as he was for us all season. He’s had one goal on a penalty. He’s been in decent position a few times and muffed the attempt, otherwise he’s been largely unimpressive…often a half foot late to balls. He oddly looses possession incredibly easy these days as well, which was something I’ve never attributed to him in the past.

Thats exactly how I’d describe him with us…he is what he is at this point. No amount of prior success can make up for that large of a sample size. He has to take the SA deal…if only to save face. He can justify it by the ridiculous money, but he’s not going to get a realistic offer from a CL club. If he’s too delusional to realize this his agents must…
Thats why hes off to Saudi

Josh 76

The Ronaldo saga is the equivalent of a woman, who has been dumped by her man for putting on a lot of weight. Then now and again the woman slaps a bit of makeup on a night out and her so called friends saying “you see, you still look fab. It’s his loss!”

Herman Toothrot

So he's taking the money, and it's a lot of money which provides some solace to Ronaldo's weirdo followers. To be clear, we're all on the same page now though, right? The he's-not-good-enough-to-play-for-a-top-club page, yeah? Sweet. Welcome to the blindingly obvious, we've been waiting for you.

Moonwalker

Ronaldo wackos have been all over the shop throughout. When the first rumors of him having rejected a Saudi offer surfaced, they were all busy posting sarcastic quips about how the "all about the money" line is just a media driven story, and he's beneath such foolish proposals as he is still the bee's knees.

In an unusual twist of fate, he had to now accept this made up offer, but his fanatics are now switching to the "anyone would take the money" argument.

You could not make it up, but then I suppose those capable of admiration for someone so vacuous and vein, are also capable of writing any old nonsense you can imagine.

Kelly15

He could have said worse to be fair
I felt bad and embarrassed for Ronaldo when he said that. It shows how fragile and empty he is to resort to that. He needed a boost to his ego. Like a little child. "Oh yea, well I'm better looking then you." It's really sad. He has alot to sort out mentally.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I felt bad and embarrassed for Ronaldo when he said that. It shows how fragile and empty he is to resort to that. He needed a boost to his ego. Like a little child. "Oh yea, well I'm better looking then you." It's really sad. He has alot to sort out mentally.
I’ll pass your opinion on to him. I’m sure he cares.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yep. Imagine having fallen to the level of being paid 4million a week.

What a fall from grace :lol:
Probably that would make him the highest paid athlete in the whole world. At 38 y.o. as footballer. Not a bad gig at all.

Cloud7

Ronaldo wackos have been all over the shop throughout. When the first rumors of him having rejected a Saudi offer surfaced, they were all busy posting sarcastic quips about how the "all about the money" line is just a media driven story, and he's beneath such foolish proposals as he is still the bee's knees.

In an unusual twist of fate, he had to now accept this made up offer, but his fanatics are now switching to the "anyone would take the money" argument.

You could not make it up, but then I suppose those capable of admiration for someone so vacuous and vein, are also capable of writing any old nonsense you can imagine.
Ronaldites are the most cringey subset of the football fan population. To some extent I can kinda understand why the Portugese fans are so rabid over him, but the United fans that fall over themselves to fellate him are truly embarrassing

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
Either some nailed on moves fell through last minute, or his agent has had an absolute nightmare there.

All the talk about having to be in the champions league seems to have just disappeared. Or maybe that ceased to be a problem once Messi also decided to move to a giggles money league. If he'd stayed in Europe 3 more seasons he could well have overtaken it, but now clearly won't.
And then you're waiting for Mbappe or Haaland to catch up, which will take 15 years of incredible form really.
Seen a few posts where you have been exasperated by both sides. Just so you know, you are not a middle ground poster either, you are firmly on one of the sides

Status
Not open for further replies.