Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idxomer

So, will Portugal still call him for games or will they just give him the next international games to say goodbye to the fans?

Brophs

The One and Only
Makes sense. The only reason to hang around a retirement home is because it’s so easy to score.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
What a way to end the year for CR7. Semi-retirement and no offers from Europe as his rival stars and lifts the greatest trophy in the sport.

His petulance and arrogance deserves this.

united for life

He felt betrayed and disrespected because he sat on united’s bench. He ended up signing for Al Naser with no offers from Europe. That’s what his arrogance got him.

he’s a great player, will always be one of the greatest to ever step foot on a football pitch. It’s good to finally accept that he’s aged now and can not play at the highest level anymore.

Nero

Is this really what he had in mind when he forced himself out of United?

united for life

So, will Portugal still call him for games or will they just give him the next international games to say goodbye to the fans?
and break the world record for the most caps. He needs one more to break yet another record. I’m sure he’ll get it

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
No chance. As a neutral, this is a pretty sad end. He should have joined a smaller team in Italy, Spain or so.

dove

What a sad end to his career. Didn't want to play in the EL as his place is in the CL so instead he goes to a fecking Saudi Arabia :lol: He will of course be absolutely showered with gold but I have no doubts he regrets how the past few years went, probably should have never left RM.

r1z3mu

Well, all this talk about his pride, ego.... And to become a joke of professional football by playing in SA. Sad end.
In my opinion he should've stayed with MU for 4-5 months and retired at the end of the season as a legend. Last game and fans singing his name. After that he could've signed in the summer with Gibraltar Premier Division to stay in Europe.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Definitely not. He had clearly written a fantasy for himself in which he starred at Qatar 22 and ended the tournament with the pick of the world's clubs. Unfortunately for him reality has a habit of destroying delusions. Should have left United in the summer for Sporting on lower wages. Would've played Champions League and had a romantic end.

jamesjimmybyrondean

If he genuinely still wanted to play at the top level then he only has himself to blame. Even if no top club wanted him, he was already in one. All he had to do was listen to the coach and compete for a starting place with an inconsistent Martial

Remember the geese

Hopefully Sporting fans shut up about him. Also I hope we change the academy name. No player is bigger than the club.
I didn't even realise your club named their academy in his honour. He has been a terrific player, but I find him very unlikeable. It's a shame how it all ended.

Unam333

What a way to end the year for CR7. Semi-retirement and no offers from Europe as his rival stars and lifts the greatest trophy in the sport.

His petulance and arrogance deserves this.
Indeed his own fault. The thing is, I think he's not finished, but no club wants a petulant manchild in its squad. So ta-ra Ronaldo, enjoy your forced semi-retirement.

Too bad there won't be any butt pics from Georgina now she'll live the next two years in Saudi-Arabia.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I didn't even realise your club named their academy in his honour. He has been a terrific player, but I find him very unlikeable. It's a shame how it all ended.
I have the same opinion. The antics with Portugal, preferring to go Saudi Arabia. These are his true colors. To be fair I didn't want him back and I wrote about that. I give preference to our manager. He and Ronaldo would most probably clash. Feck him and his Spanish Kardashian wife wannabe.

Remember the geese

Sporting may not even have CL next season. The time to go there was last summer, he missed it.
Yeah the timing could have been better. Regardless, it would have shown a bit of class to forget about money and go back to where it all began. That's assuming Sporting would have been interested.

Ted Lasso

Basically, like when Iniesta moved to Japan and Xavi moved to Qatar
Yup. No shame in it. Glad he's finally admitted to himself it's time to wind down an incredible career. Shame it couldn't have been more gracious an exit from United, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.