Cristiano Ronaldo’s next club? | Al Nassr

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I'd be surprised if he goes to Saudi Arabia.My money's on Chelsea.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
PSG. PSG to win the Champions League with Messi and Ronaldo both scoring in the final, swapping shirts and admitting that they both think the other is the best player in the world. Someone gets a picture of Ronaldo’s fingers crossed behind his back.

Qatar get another victory lap.

Football. Such a wholesome sport.

caid

How far down the pyramid would you have to go to find a supporter or manager enthusiastic about having Ronaldo in their team? Some idiot like Boehly buying him is plausible but hard to see anyone sensible wanting to deal with him.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Newcastle make sense actually. Big money, Saudi Arabia owner, in contention for CL spot, still in spotlight playing in PL.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Arsenal of course. Piers wouldn't have gone all out to make this happen without an ulterior motive.

Marcus

Arsenal of course. Piers wouldn't have gone all out to make this happen without an ulterior motive.
I suspect part of the mutual agreement is that he doesn't play for another Premier League club. So PSG or Sporting for me.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I suspect part of the mutual agreement is that he doesn't play for another Premier League club. So PSG or Sporting for me.
Sporting would make sense. Although I thought the manager said he would resign if Ronaldo came.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
PSG's turned him down multiple times, including when he could still do the business; it's not happening. It's MLS at best, but I honestly couldn't give three flying fecks where he goes, he's past it.

stepic

i think he knows he's probably not cut out for the PL anymore, or at the very least he won't want to look like he can't hack it here anymore. he'll go to an easier league, i'd be surprised if it's not in Europe though.

Renegade

i think he knows he's probably not cut out for the PL anymore, or at the very least he won't want to look like he can't hack it here anymore. he'll go to an easier league, i'd be surprised if it's not in Europe though.
Then why would he go on that interview complaining about not playing if he ultimately knows ETH has made the right decision not playing some who can’t hack it anymore.

Surely he believes he can still play and start at the highest level?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
PSG's turned him down multiple times, including when he could still do the business; it's not happening. It's MLS at best, but I honestly couldn't give three flying fecks where he goes, he's past it.
I thought he couldn't go to the US

RVN1991

Yeah I don't think the club are worried at all if he joined another pl team. Absolutely washed up.

Marcus

Yeah I don't think the club are worried at all if he joined another pl team. Absolutely washed up.
True. But why take the risk of him being around to raise his game against us just to make a point.

stepic

Then why would he go on that interview complaining about not playing if he ultimately knows ETH has made the right decision not playing some who can’t hack it anymore.

Surely he believes he can still play and start at the highest level?
he wanted to leave.

maybe he wants to prove people wrong and stay in the PL but i'd be very, very surprised. i also don't think he would want to further annoy United fans by doing so.

LARulz

Chelsea. They have an idiot owner and Potter has no leverage after a poor start

Newcastle won't touch him as they are playing well and he doesn't suit their system at all

Chelsea. They have an idiot owner and Potter has no leverage after a poor start

Newcastle won't touch him as they are playing well and he doesn't suit their system at all
They would 100% have taken him just a couple of months back, would be absolutely enormous for their brand. As you say though, they may be extremely weary now as they likely think they have a chance at a CL spot, something Howe will likely debate will be put at risk to entertain a superstar.

fergosaurus

Newcastle make sense actually. Big money, Saudi Arabia owner, in contention for CL spot, still in spotlight playing in PL.
Not for Newcastle though. Howe has helped develop a strong team spirit which has been key to their upturn in form since he took over. Risking that by bringing in a washed up diva demanding to play every match might not be a wise decision.

LARulz

They would 100% have taken him just a couple of months back, would be absolutely enormous for their brand. As you say though, they may be extremely weary now as they likely think they have a chance at a CL spot, something Howe will likely debate will be put at risk to entertain a superstar.
Yep, in the summer I think they would have but now Howe is looking good, the club is playing great football and the fans are very happy. Through in Ronaldo, who even if he has a 10/10 world cup, is likely to cause a problem in the dressing room. If anything, him having a great world cup would enhance is ego even more and demand to play more

Nero

Its gonna be a repeat of the summer with club after club saying they aren't interested in this washed up non-entity.

Mayhem

BREAKING: Piers Morgan blames ETH for Ronaldo not being able to find a new club.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Not for Newcastle though. Howe has helped develop a strong team spirit which has been key to their upturn in form since he took over. Risking that by bringing in a washed up diva demanding to play every match might not be a wise decision.
Well let’s be honest, every oil club would start with big name “past it” type signing at the early beginning, to sort of making a statement. It’s unrealistic expect them to sign any the top younger players at the very start, as the attraction isn’t really there yet.

As we all know their rich Saudi Arabia owner would probably like to have a signing like Ronaldo, to make a statement to the world. it’s not wise but that’s probably what they would do, especially last time when we all heard a Saudi Arabia club is really to offer him 350m for 2 years of service, which is absolutely mental.

In short, I don’t think Howe would have a say on that in front of their very rich owner.

fergosaurus

Well let’s be honest, every oil club would start with big name “past it” type signing at the early beginning, to sort of making a statement. It’s unrealistic expect them to sign any the top younger players at the very start, as the attraction isn’t really there yet.

As we all know their rich Saudi Arabia owner would probably like to have a signing like Ronaldo, to make a statement to the world. it’s not wise but that’s probably what they would do, especially last time when we all heard a Saudi Arabia club is really to offer him 350m for 2 years of service, which is absolutely mental.

In short, I don’t think Howe would have a say on that in front of their very rich owner.
I think Newcastle has been very sensible with their transfer strategy so far with smart signings like Isak and Guimaraes. That's not to say that sensible approach won't go out the window now that a player of Ronaldo's stature is on the market but I'd be surprised if they go for him. Aside from marketing there is no upside to signing him. If he's going to throw strops not playing every minute for United what's his conduct going to be like at a lesser club like Newcastle.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96

There are some issues with your theory. Newcastle seems on track to be a contender for CL qualification and it makes no sense to risk it. This is the highest level that the Saudis definitely would like to be present at for their PR.

And there is another problem if you look at the personality of Ronaldo. Signing a past it player to elevate the status of your club only pays off if that player is aware that he is mainly a PR signing and willing to step back and become some kind of elder statesman/mentor in the background once the kind of players are signed that are really on top of their game. As we have seen that won't work and by signing Ronaldo you only sign conflict and chaos and PR for him, not for your club.

It would be better for the Saudis to create a PR partnership with Ronaldo (like they have with Messi) than to sign him for their club.

Status
Not open for further replies.