5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

El Zoido

That Ronaldo and Bruno as the best and most experienced players in the side are far too negative and constantly complain and whinge which is having an adverse affect on the younger players in the side. Also said he’s not happy with the fact that Ronaldo consistently runs off the pitch straight after the game
I agree with Neville here. Now isn’t the time to throw your hands up, it’ll never be a solution.

ForeverRed1

Sadly, his introduction has massively harmed team cohesion and it also appears team harmony. It’s cost Ole his job and I just hope RR can see it before our season is totally ruined
this. The whole vibe is different since he has come back, he brings a lot of pressure. He isn’t the guy who will put his arm around the youth, he wants wins and he wants records. He isn’t sentimental

Bearded One

Shot ourselves in the foot bringing him back. Just a really stupid last minute panic buy brought on by City's interest. Pathetic really. Hopefully he decides to clear off in the summer, because he'll create all sort of problems for the next manager as well given his ego and status.
Lots of people coming hard on Ronaldo but I thought service to him was poor today.

D. Mungai

He is the problem for the drop in attacking play, less harmony in the dressing room and togetherness. It is so obvious to see.

With his less physicality and our midfield issues problems + the slow,aging less technical defence the team will crumble everytime. What Ole survived on all those time since his appointment was our attacking play Bruno, Mason, Cavani were all banging goals now its shocking going forward why?
Because the great master is around

Jacob

Absolutely nothing wrong with him. Service and peers are abysmal.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
In a different timeline maybe he might've won us some trophies, but his on field demeanour is really bad, he doesn't look happy here and it's visibly seemed like there's an uncomfortable tension all season. He expects the best which we obviously aren't anywhere near. A failed experiment who I suspect will ask to leave in summer.

The Irish Connection

I disagree that he was terrible. Always makes good runs in the box but doesn’t get the service. Bruno over hit that pass in the first half which would have had him 1 on 1 with the keeper. Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho were worse.

also worked hard off the ball.

UnitedFan93

Lots of people coming hard on Ronaldo but I thought service to him was poor today.
His general play has been terrible this season, despite his goals. We're playing with 10 men with him on the pitch as he doesn't contribute at all, and often loses the ball.

Rilz

Supports
Manchester united
Need to part ways with him. He’s changed everything in our play, even when we’re on a counter attack Bruno lumps the ball 59 yards up the field to him instead of literally running through the middle of the pitch in open space.

he can’t pass, he can’t dribble, he can barely trap a ball, it’s honestly sad.

Andrew7582

The club needs to get real and end the sentimentality, we are not going to win the league again with him in the team so what's the point, move him on in the summer.

lawliet354

Should have had 2 red cards this season, very lucky to get away with it. Pretty annoying that the most senior players cannot bring calmness and composure to the team, instead he constantly act childish and looks annoyed with his teammates

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When he does get the ball, I expect very little (have done for a few seasons now). I see him solely as a poacher but it means the set up of the team has to be right. How many shots did he have today?

DarkXaero

One of the worst players on the pitch tonight. Completely useless (and detrimental to team play) when he's not scoring.

DarkXaero

It's been like this all season, we need to get rid for the team to progress.
I think there needs to be more accountability and he should be subbed or benched for matches when he's performing like this. Especially when Cavani is fit, who I think is much better for the way we want to play.

United in sin

Starting to wonder if he has a clause in his contract guaranteeing minutes. How badly does he need to play to get the hook?!?
Seems like internal political pressure at the club. I remember when Rooney and Sanchez got the same treatment after they both sharply declined. I think Rangknick's hands are tied but I hope not

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Seems like internal political pressure at the club. I remember when Rooney and Sanchez got the same treatment after they both sharply declined. I think Rangknick's hands are tied but I hope not
Even if you ignore the performances, think about his age! Give his aged limbs a rest ffs. He could be a great impact player off the bench. Bizarre he’s not yet been used that way.

OL29

Starting to wonder if he has a clause in his contract guaranteeing minutes. How badly does he need to play to get the hook?!?
It’s worrying what this signing seems to be doing in terms of morale amongst the players. Ronaldo’s obviously a legend and I was ecstatic when we signed him but it seems that everything is set up to get the best out of him at the detriment of everyone else.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Even if you ignore the performances, think about his age! Give his aged limbs a rest ffs. He could be a great impact player off the bench. Bizarre he’s not yet been used that way.
I don't see how anyone could use Ronaldo as an impact player off the bench unless it's very occasional. I just don't think Ronaldo is ready to admit that it could be his role and it create a lot of turmoil.

Idxomer

The funny thing is Carrick seemed more open to dropping him, he had nothing to lose though.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He would be a good goal scorer in a functional team. We are too disfunctional as a team to use him properly. At this stage of his career he's not a game changer, but more a game solver.

Pegi

Supports
Juventus
Watched the game and all i can say, that it's pretty damn desperate how Utd looks at the moment. The passes, the touches and how static the whole team looks is incredible. All players afraid to play the ball into the pockets and instead, just backpass or giving it out on wide, where it goes back to middle and then trying to throw the ball into the box. It must be a fitness issue or maybe you got too many not caring youngsters on team. Man, even Rashford shows zero emotion on the pitch. Same with Greenwood. The hell is that?

As far it comes to Ronaldo, atleast he tries to be free all the time so he can receive the ball. Not saying what he does is ideal, but it's sad to see how he's master at finding the space, but no one seems to find him or the passes are just simply terrible.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I don't see how anyone could use Ronaldo as an impact player off the bench unless it's very occasional. I just don't think Ronaldo is ready to admit that it could be his role and it create a lot of turmoil.
In just over a month he’ll be 37 years old. He might not be ready to admit it but tough shit! Time waits for no man!

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
the worrying thing for me is he’s mistiming shots, making stupid tackles and doing silly flicks that keep losing the ball.

It’s no wonder we can’t create chances when we keep trying to play through the middle to him.

IhabX7

I don’t think Ronaldo being on the pitch makes Bruno overhit a pass or Varane being sloppy in possession. He has been bad for the last couple of games and his touch is looking horrible at the moment. He will be part of the solution this season once Rangnick figured out an eleven that could work cohesively. For me the next team to try would be:

——————De Gea
AWB - Bailly - Varane - Shaw
———————Fred
————-VDB - Pogba
Sancho - Ronaldo - Cavani

Bruno needs to reshuffle his ideas and come back into the team. The local kids attitude is not what you expect it to be. Greenwood has been abysmal since Ronaldo’s arrival and that’s down to him. Rashford is low on confidence and needs to work his way back into the team. Amad on the bench instead of Elanga and actually using him.

Edit: Ronaldo losing his composure and lashing out on opposition players should be addressed immediately.

United in sin

I totally agree. Rangknick called Ronaldo 'too old' and too expensive back in 2016 when a journalist cheekily asked if he'd sign him for RB Liepzig. He said it in jest but he's always preferred to work with younger players. This Ronaldo conundrum is a unique situation for him to deal with. For someone who supposedly hasn't ever signed anyone over 24 I can't see how he sees fit to play Ronaldo for 90 minutes every game

https://sempremilan.com/an-analysis...-policy-comparing-leipzig-salzburg-and-others

IhabX7

His movement isn't great so when he gets tightly marked he struggles to make an impact. It kinda helped though when Cavani came on because it freed up space.
It’s quite obvious that defenders will, by default, mark Ronaldo and an experienced striker like Cavani can capitalize on that more than Rashford and Greenwood. There are ways to solve the team’s issues, it’s yet to be seen if Rangnick is up for the task.

Status
Not open for further replies.