5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DickDastardly

He's stopped trying to turn and run because he can't. I'd rather him pass it back then try and turn and run and lose it.

One of the reasons why it grates me that he's playing instead of Greenwood who would turn and run at the defenders every single time.
Fair enough.
Then don't fecking do it then. Stay upfront.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
I don't really understand what's happening with him.

Didn't both Carrick and Ralf drop him in their first game? That does suggest to me that they also see that the team is better for it here and there. But now we are back to playing him every game for 90 minutes. Did he complain or anyone at our club? Subbing Greenwood off instead of him or Cavani was a baffling decision.

If he's undroppable it will be a big headache for us going forward

Devil81

Basically taking more away from the team then he's contributing now.

His legs have gone, it's like watching bambi on ice whenever the ball breaks to him and he tries to reposition his feet to get a shot off.

I get why we signed him, but the reality is his signing destroyed any sort of team structure we had, it just seems its all about getting the ball into Ronaldo.

Sara125

Top scorer so far for us this season and the only one who looks to give a feck when the chips are down…but yes let’s talk about how much of a cancer he is to the squad

Josh 76

The main elephant in the room. Big big problem for us. Can't link up play, can't use Weak foot, can't play back to goal. On top of it, he has thrown Bruno's form completely off. What ever the formation, he needs to be dropped for us to have a chance of playing well again.
He won’t get dropped. His lawyers will sue Utd!

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I can’t understand why Rangnick seems happy to drop all the other big names but this guy gets a nailed on 90 minutes every match. It’s absolutely insane. One of the craziest things I’ve seem in football. We’re doomed.
It's not an easy decision even though its deserved and the right. It's why many were unsure about him signing in the first place. The cloud it would bring over the team would be absolutely huge.
I am not sure it's a fight a manager on a six months contract wants to have.

Josh 76

Top scorer so far for us this season and the only one who looks to give a feck when the chips are down…but yes let’s talk about how much of a cancer he is to the squad
He can care all he wants, he just not the player he was. Why can’t people see this !

the_cliff

Fair enough.
Then don't fecking do it then. Stay upfront.
He shouldn't be fecking playing in the first place, that's the problem.

He plays for shirt sales, marketing and a rendition of Viva Ronaldo. Not because of his footballing ability.

We're a joke of a club and people thought our board turned a corner in the summer.

el3mel

If we end in Europe League he'll ask to leave most probably and I think it'll be best for everyone. He's not our future and we need to move on.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
It's not an easy decision even though its deserved and the right. It's why many were unsure about him signing in the first place. The cloud it would bring over the team would be absolutely huge.
I am not sure it's a fight a manager on a six months contract wants to have.
It’s such a shit situation to inherit.

“I’d like to play a high press. What are my options up front?”

“Well we’ve Ronaldo, Martial and Greenwood, who have the worst defensive stats in the league; a 34 year old constantly injured Uruguayan. And Ronaldo. He’ll be 37 next month and expects to play every minute. Best of luck. ”

Gawge

2 non-penalty goals in 14 isn’t good enough given that goals is all he brings (and costs the team heavily off the ball).

Ladron de redcafe

He's certainly performed better than most of the team. But that's my honest opinion, and I'm hopping out of this thread for the next 7 days :lol:
He most definitely hasn't. He's been as bad as anyone in the team, and his overall play can only be described as putrid.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Oh dear. We wouldn’t even be in the knockout stages of the CL without him but yes he’s the problem. Not the goalkeeper who’s glued to his line, who still can’t command his box. Not the right back who’s got about as much ability on the ball as me. Not the world record CB who shouldn’t be making a match day squad. Not the non existent midfield. Not the £73m winger who can’t seem to beat his man. Not the home grown kid who’s more concerned about campaigning more than playing football. No, none of those. Our biggest problem is the guy who either scores every match or at least looks the most likely. Something something he doesn’t press enough.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Thanks god he at least prevented his teamates from having brownies for dessert. That's something and it really shows on the pitch.

Ladron de redcafe

Basically taking more away from the team then he's contributing now.

His legs have gone, it's like watching bambi on ice whenever the ball breaks to him and he tries to reposition his feet to get a shot off.

I get why we signed him, but the reality is his signing destroyed any sort of team structure we had, it just seems its all about getting the ball into Ronaldo.
And the team has regressed from last season with him.

Idxomer

Our biggest problem is the guy who either scores every match or at least looks the most likely. Something something he doesn’t press enough.
He has failed to score in 10 league games when most of our tactics offensively are "Try to find Ronaldo".

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
They were both shit. This thread is to discuss how shit our captain, Ronaldo, was (very)
I don’t know what anyone wants from our aged forwards right now. They get absolutely no service. I’m watching the game live from a good elevated position and I can see Ronaldo constantly alert and hungry for balls into him. There’s just no concept as a team of how to create for our forwards.

Our fanbase just lurches from one overly reductive argument to another. Previously, everything would pick up when we sacked Ole and installed any semi-competent manager. That hasn’t come to pass. Now I am hearing a growing mob espousing that Ronaldo killed the dressing room and that we should never have signed him.

Seriously, where would we be without Ronaldo this season? People are getting deluded by a big big opening day win against Leeds. (Martial,) Rashford and Sancho are in shite form, Bruno can’t score for shit, Cavani is rarely fit and has two goals all season, whilst Greenwood is completely unproven at scoring from centre forward.

The crux of the matter is that there is no one manager we can appoint, or one player who we can sign, or one problem position we can resolve to make United sing. Stick Haaland up top in this team and he’d barely get a shot off either. Guardiola or Klopp aren’t competing for the title without a couple years of coaching and rebuilding this side. A magical DM ain’t solving our issues creatively and defensively.

It’s all so fecking reductive and predictible.

el3mel

His goals have been a nice nostalgia trip but I doubt we'll miss them if we build our team properly on a more modern striker with a modern manager. Fecking City are playing without a striker at all and they're 100 times better than us.

Thanks for this season, Chris, but best for everyone to thank about their future next season.

el3mel

By the way, I also hate it when we have a player that seems to be completely undroppable no matter what. Fecks up the team balance and forces us to set through a period of shit form from such player just because of his stance as a top player. No manager will have enough balls to drop Ronaldo and this will feck us.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I can’t understand why Rangnick seems happy to drop all the other big names but this guy gets a nailed on 90 minutes every match. It’s absolutely insane. One of the craziest things I’ve seem in football. We’re doomed.
100% he was guaranteed to play almost every game when fit, at the board level. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Sir Alex’s idea. He made it clear the one thing we needed to avoid is Ronaldo going to City, it would do too much damage to the club’s image, and they were just going to give him whatever he needed to close that deal.

Of course Ronaldo was going to make demands about game time when we were rolling out the red carpet. Given Sir Alex’s most recent comments about Ronaldo being someone you should always play when available, I’d guess he thinks that wasn’t a bad compromise to make.

If he’s dropped for a few games in a row you can be sure he’s leaving, probably under very favourable conditions (e.g. leaving for free).

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
He's not the problem, because it would be deranged to watch this side play and think we only have one core problem. Especially given a lot of those issues were there before Ronaldo ever arrived.

He is a problem though. And why wouldn't he be? He's a 36 year old past-his-best poacher in a poor side that wants to rebuild into a more intense team. At best his weaknesses are something the team has to work around, where you'd want someone who plays as much as he does to actually fit what you're trying to do.

the_cliff

I don’t know what anyone wants from our aged forwards right now. They get absolutely no service. I’m watching the game live from a good elevated position and I can see Ronaldo constantly alert and hungry for balls into him. There’s just no concept as a team of how to create for our forwards.

Our fanbase just lurches from one overly reductive argument to another. Previously, everything would pick up when we sacked Ole and installed any semi-competent manager. That hasn’t come to pass. Now I am hearing a growing mob espousing that Ronaldo killed the dressing room and that we should never have signed him.

Seriously, where would we be without Ronaldo this season? People are getting deluded by a big big opening day win against Leeds. (Martial,) Rashford and Sancho are in shite form, Bruno can’t score for shit, Cavani is rarely fit and has two goals all season, whilst Greenwood is completely unproven at scoring from centre forward.

The crux of the matter is that there is no one manager we can appoint, or one player who we can sign, or one problem position we can resolve to make United sing. Stick Haaland up top in this team and he’d barely get a shot off either. Guardiola or Klopp aren’t competing for the title without a couple years of coaching and rebuilding this side. A magical DM ain’t solving our issues creatively and defensively.

It’s all so fecking reductive and predictible.
I don't know mate, there's no way of knowing where we'd be without Ronaldo this season.

We finished second last season without him though and generally looked a lot better....

United in sin

He's been terrible in the league. Why do you think that is?

DaGOAT

Don’t see his ego allowing him to be playing Europa League or even Europa Conference League next season.

Gotta keep top 4, or else he will want out.

Roboc7

I imagine he’s already planning his exit for the summer, probably best for everyone involve. It’s not his fault we are where we are but we don’t have players to accommodate him.

Giggsyking

Don’t see his ego allowing him to be playing Europa League or even Europa Conference League next season.

Gotta keep top 4, or else he will want out.
It was a failed experiment. He is a liability now. Wish him good luck at another club.

BlueHaze

He's not the problem, because it would be deranged to watch this side play and think we only have one core problem. Especially given a lot of those issues were there before Ronaldo ever arrived.

He is a problem though. And why wouldn't he be? He's a 36 year old past-his-best poacher in a poor side that wants to rebuild into a more intense team. At best his weaknesses are something the team has to work around, where you'd want someone who plays as much as he does to actually fit what you're trying to do.
Best post in this thread so far.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
100% he was guaranteed to play almost every game when fit, at the board level. I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Sir Alex’s idea. He made it clear the one thing we needed to avoid is Ronaldo going to City, it would do too much damage to the club’s image, and they were just going to give him whatever he needed to close that deal.

Of course Ronaldo was going to make demands about game time when we were rolling out the red carpet. Given Sir Alex’s most recent comments about Ronaldo being someone you should always play when available, I’d guess he thinks that wasn’t a bad compromise to make.

If he’s dropped for a few games in a row you can be sure he’s leaving, probably under very favourable conditions (e.g. leaving for free).
That’s an absolutely diabolical way to run a club if true. And we deserve everything bad that happens to us.

Nordmore

We dropped the pressing after he looked out of breath at the end of the Palace game.
This is pretty spot on imo. I've been wondering why we stopped pressing and playing like we did against Palace. Never thought of this but this is the only possible explanation I think.

Well, we're fecked guys.

Godfather

This would be a disaster

redcafe_reader

IMO he shouldn't do that, He should just let other players play without thinking "should I get this to Ronaldo". His status is too big that all his behavior will affect others, even if he doesn't want to.

He's not the Ronaldo of before, he's just a poacher now so I think he should just focus on playing his role, keep making movement, and letting others do their job.

He's not all the problems at our team right now but there is an issue around his position and we need to fix it somehow.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Pretty much.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
That’s an absolutely diabolical way to run a club if true. And we deserve everything bad that happens to us.
Agreed. After Sir Alex left it seemed like we pursued a Galactico policy with an inferiority complex, with money men running things, and with Sir Alex looming large in the background. In other words we had some kind of identity crisis. Understandable in some sense but completely tragic and yeah, this is what you’d expect it to lead to.

Status
Not open for further replies.