5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

Good pass. Some worrying signs of weak shots though. I hope it's just a bad run. I don't think he's a tactical handicap or anything but worry if he's lost some potency.
I don't actually remember when he had a good chance to shoot really.

Gottabekiddingme

I really disliked his reaction after his sub....he should be old enough to understand it under the circumstances. Definetly a bad example for the younger players.
Are you really surprised though? He did the exact same thing to Sir Alex in 2009 I think. He DGAF

JordanAir

Increadible pass in the second goal. People on here criticises his linkup play. I don't think it is that bad when the team is on possetion, he isn't like Messi but it is good at it. On the other hand constructing counter attacks he probably the best in the world, he understands like no other player I've seen how to make a counter attack work.

About the sub, I don't think he should be putting more pressure on the coach. I understand that he wanted to score, and he wanted to play all game after being out of the team for so long... but he is a key player and we need him in the better shape possible for the next games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Completely unnecessary strop at the end, get over yourself man. You're nearly 37 and you're 2-0 up. Sometimes just take a night off and sit down.
Big Time.

Genuine question. When’s the Last great performance he had in the league? In the CL basically he’s been a machine but a more mobile link up striker would be better in the PL this year with Elanga Greenwood and Rashford playing off them.

Devil77

I really disliked his reaction after his sub....he should be old enough to understand it under the circumstances. Definitely a bad example for the younger players.
Or maybe they can get some inspiration. Rather see our players angry because they wanna play and score.

parkthebuslads

The cynic in me wonders how genuine his strop was. It would certainly make some managers re-consider taking him off again.

ClassOf'99

I really disliked his reaction after his sub....he should be old enough to understand it under the circumstances. Definitely a bad example for the younger players.
I do remember a certain Wayne Rooney behaving this way when subbed on more than one occasion.

There's ways of viewing this, Ralf handled it well, let him have his outburst, he's not kicking bottles, he's passionate, wants to score, probably senses he can help the team score so isn't happy but Ralf will reign that in.

SonyaCross493

When was the last time he scored a goal? Was it Norwich away the penalty? That's ages ago! :nervous: Must be one of his longest goal droughts.. clearly unhappy happy and frustrated at the club right now.

he will definitely be raging in the dressing room. He lives for goals and he would've scored had he stayed on the pitch as Brentford chased the game. Frustration.

wouldn't be shocked if he leaves the club at the end of the season even if we get top 4. He's clearly unhappy at the club right now. His smile has gone.

Ronaldo knows that he will be criticised if he doesn't score a goal as he's judged by the media and fans on goals. Hence the reaction. He wants to be loved..

AndySmith1990

His ego is part of what has made him so driven to be as good as he is, but it's the one thing that has made it impossible for me to ever warm to him as a United player. Rightly or wrongly I often get the feeling he's a little bit disappointed when one of his team mates scores because the attention isn't on him.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
When was the last time he scored a goal? Was it Norwich away the penalty? That's ages ago! :nervous: Must be one of his longest goal droughts..

he will definitely be raging in the dressing room. He lives for goals.

wouldn't be shocked if he leaves the club at the end of the season even if we get top 4. He's clearly unhappy right now.
What an exaggeration...

The United

One where he took it off Elanga to let one loose. These are not easy chances but old Ronaldo would rocket them in. I just worry if he's lost that original Ronaldo potency.
Of course, he has. And, that chance was exactly a good one to shoot in.

RepardReece

Seeing a lot of complaints about him having a strop.

I'd much rather have that than the attitude of a lot of our players. He wants to play, score and win. What's wrong with that?

Quit complaining you whiny buggers

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Some of you haven't watched Ronaldo much and or don't understand him at all.

Jack-C20

:lol: Glad it’s not just me that wasn’t bothered by his strop. I’ll take any emotion shown by the players at this point.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
One where he took it off Elanga to let one loose. These are not easy chances but old Ronaldo would rocket them in. I just worry if he's lost that original Ronaldo potency.
Ah yes, where the defender took it off Elanga and it dropped to Ronaldo approximately 2 inches away from the brentford defenders shins. Old Ronaldo would have broken both his shins with the ferocity and sheer sex appeal of his shot.

The United

Ah yes, where the defender took it off Elanga and it dropped to Ronaldo approximately 2 inches away from the brentford defenders shins. Old Ronaldo would have broken both his shins with the ferocity and sheer sex appeal of his shot.
:lol:

KeanoMagicHat

The cynic in me wonders how genuine his strop was. It would certainly make some managers re-consider taking him off again.
Yep, intimidation tactics. It's 2-0 up against Brentford, clear "how dare you sub me?" when it's clearly a rational decision to rest the oldest player in the team when the game is over. There's more to football that stat padding for your own benefit.

I loved it tbh
Why? We're a team with bad team spirit and he's just having his own personal strop, it's not a good look. It looked like Rangnick gave him a talking to after the Rashford goal, that's why you're taken off. No wonder our attack doesn't combine well together at all, they probably hate each other and this doesn't help.

Jericho

yet people forget his pressing, chest pass energy just because he didn't score

that's why Ronaldo was upset as he knows he don't get credit if he doesn't score a goal he's criticised in the media and by the fans as he's judged on goals.. he wants to be loved

if Ronaldinho or Messi did that chest pass it would be replayed all over the World for days.
How do you know this? Are you his girlfriend or something?

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.

that's why Ronaldo was upset as he knows he don't get credit if he doesn't score a goal he's criticised in the media and by the fans as he's judged on goals.. he wants to be loved

if Ronaldinho or Messi did that chest pass it would be replayed all over the World for days.
feck me calm down, no it wouldn't :lol:

SER19

Thought he was good tonight, lovely moment for second goal and off to be fresh for Saturday. No need for the moaning when subbed

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Pivotal in the first 2 goals but overall a bit rusty, hopefully he has recovered for the wh game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

I'd much rather have that than the attitude of a lot of our players. He wants to play, score and win. What's wrong with that?

If that was Rashford or Maguire or someone else - would you say the same thing? I sincerely doubt it.

kundalini

Sensational chest pass to Fernandes in the build up to Greenwood's goal. Decent header that hit the bar though he appeared to be offside. Otherwise careless in possession.

Oranges038

Typical Ronaldo reaction to being taken off.

He was poor enough, looks a bit off the pace in the final third.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Sublime chest pass for the goal but overall performance was mediocre at best and no need for the petulant nonsense when he was subbed off.

After Cavani’s ineffectiveness against Villa it’s impossible not to wonder how much better we’d be with a quality number 9 who isn’t fecking ancient.

Swiss_Red89

Are you really surprised though? He did the exact same thing to Sir Alex in 2009 I think. He DGAF
Honestly, I thought with age 36 he is a bit more rational about certain situations.... :lol: But I assume this mentality is what helped him to become one of the GOATs.

Edit: I stay by my opinion that it was a shit reaction and he should be old enough to behave better. He wasnt subbed in the CL semifinal while chasing the winner.

The Firestarter

Are you simply wumming?

RepardReece

If that was Rashford or Maguire or someone else - would you say the same thing? I sincerely doubt it.
Weird comment. After seeing the drab attitudes and poor work rate for the past few years I'm really surprised that anyone can actually complain about seeing a player not happy about being taken off.

This is why I loved Bruno when he came in, his work rate and passion were unparallel.

SonyaCross493

I think Rangnick caused that reaction. Every man and his dog knows Ronaldo would react like that when you substitute him when he hasn't scored a goal

if Rangnick kept him on the pitch you avoid the side story and media headlines of Ronaldo strop

so I blame Rangnick for not understanding the player

Ronaldo hasn't played for a few weeks he didn't need a rest. A 2 week break after the West Ham game too

no need to rest him. He's the freshest player right now. He needs minutes.

he needs a confidence and a goal. His confidence must be low. Strikers live on goals especially him and when they are not scoring they are unhappy.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Very nice chest pass.

In terms of general play though, while I'm not saying we're definitely better with him off the pitch we're also no better with him on it.

And at nearly 37 he really needs to accept that being subbed and benched will be an ever-increasing feature of life at this level and there's not much benefit in being stroppy about it.

SirAF

Ageist

Bang on. It’s Ronaldo, people hate him because of how he looks and what he’s achieved. Whatcha going to do? *shrug*

Witchking

I am not sure, but i think it's best he leaves. He goals he scored would have been scored by someone else. We might be more free without him in the team. If we don't make top 4 which we won't for sure, hope he moves on. He won't play in the Europa League anyway.

Shark

@NotShark
Wonder what Rangnick said to him. Can't see him him being pleased with that carry on in front of the younger players.

Status
Not open for further replies.