5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodenlung

Gonna sound curmudgeonly as he contributed to the goal, but I thought Ronaldo was mostly crap today.

Be wasn't the major issue today; that was our inability to create clear cut chances. But he was definitely a problem. He constantly strays offside, wgen he drops deep he's bullied odf the ball so easily and he doesn't take the chances he was signed to score. I'd have no issue seeing him dropped.

the_cliff

Another average performance.

You know he's had a quiet day when people in the match thread are mentioning his 4 defensive headers.

bakalhau

I liked his game particularly in the 2nd, participated in the game, wasn't half bad at it, did everything right in the goal.

Got one chance from Bruno, but I mean... it's 90 minutes for a single chance. It's very hard to show what you can do in front of a goal if you get no service (regardless of whether you then miss or score).

Peoplehere will say no link up play, no nothing, but the goal starts from his feet.

SirAF

Ageist
Jesus, he started the attack that won the game. Not the best match from him (but not bad either, he was quite decent), but how petty do you have to be to complain after such a win? :lol:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Be wasn't the major issue today; that was our inability to create clear cut chances. But he was definitely a problem. He constantly strays offside, wgen he drops deep he's bullied odf the ball so easily and he doesn't take the chances he was signed to score. I'd have no issue seeing him dropped.
And how much is that because of him? In matches like this you need your no.9 to get the ball to stick. He can’t do that. Especially on his own in a 433 at the age of 36.

YooNow

The state of the posters in this thread...

Almost resembles a congregation of Ronaldo haters, brilliant sight to see.

The United

I thought he was involved a lot, held up well and pass decent generally.

But I guess no matter what, some people will come and say he had a crap performance.

bakalhau

Jesus, he started the attack that won the game. Not the best match from him (but not bad either, he was quite decent), but how petty do you have to be to complain after such a win? :lol:
It's bonkers, I'd hate to be in a love relationship with some fellas here, I'd feel nothing good I'd do would be appreciated, while being constantly brought down whenever I would do something wrong.

The United

And how much is that because of him? In matches like this you need your no.9 to get the ball to stick. He can’t do that. Especially on his own in a 433 at the age of 36.
Pretty weird to say that in this game because he didn't lose the ball too much this game and his general hold up was pretty good with laying passes around...

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Was okay, did his part in the goal too, still, his slump has lasted for quite a while.
CL should wake him up, if nothing else.

arnie_ni

Thought he was decent today. Dropped in and linked up well. No one ran beyond him when he did.

Needs a goal though

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The state of the posters in this thread...

Almost resembles a congregation of Ronaldo haters, brilliant sight to see.
Ronaldo's one of the best players to ever play the game. He also offers very limited value for us on the pitch right now. It's entirely possible to think that without hating Ronaldo.

It's bonkers, I'd hate to be in a love relationship with some fellas here, I'd feel nothing good I'd do would be appreciated, while being constantly brought down whenever I would do something wrong.
The problem is you're imagining yourself in a love relationship with him. Most people don't think of him that way, it's really not the analogy they have in mind, so the criticism couldn't possibly be intended that way.

Jibbs

His linkup play was fantastic today and even the last attack which resulted in goal went through him. MoTM performance for me. He is finally sacrificing himself for the team.

MrEleson

Another average performance.

You know he's had a quiet day when people in the match thread are mentioning his 4 defensive headers.
Maybe because we couldn’t string 4 good passes or even play the ball to him in dangerous areas? He’s not superman you know.

Red_Aaron

He would be such a perfect substitute.

His body could do 30mins flat out no problem and the fear factor of bringing him on against a tiring defence pushes them back and increases pressure. He's still an elite finisher

He'll never accept that role though despite cavani clearly being the better option for the team

Was largely a passenger today

Idxomer

I've liked his performance last two games more than most of the ones he scored in.

Volksie316

I thought he was decent today and his link up play was pretty good, but boy does he need a goal!

His longest ever goal drought, surely?

Ladron de redcafe

Maybe because we couldn’t string 4 good passes or even play the ball to him in dangerous areas? He’s not superman you know.
It was he who couldn't string together 4 good passes. No need to be superhuman. Just decent. And - yet again - he was poor.

kidbob

Our new RVN from when RVN was, ironically, holding him and Rooney back. Love the guy but impact sub or nothing at this point.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
His linkup play was fantastic today and even the last attack which resulted in goal went through him. MoTM performance for me. He is finally sacrificing himself for the team.
I honestly think he’d be better off the left for a game or two. He’s going ok in term of general play and he’s still a good player but I think we need to be more dynamic through the middle than just crossing to ronaldo. It’s too easy to close the door on.

Smores

Many aren't going to change their tune. They didn't want him so will just moan every game.

MrEleson

They weren't, because just about all of them bar Bruno were better than him.
That’s utter nonsense. Don’t know what game you were watching. When he had the ball, he pretty much made the correct decision every time, neat, simple touches and good when dropping deep. Also, involved in the winner. The likes of Elanga and Greenwood offered less than him and the midfield provided 0 service.

The United

I honestly think he’d be better off the left for a game or two. He’s going ok in term of general play and he’s still a good player but I think we need to be more dynamic through the middle than just crossing to ronaldo. It’s too easy to close the door on.
He was moving a lot in the middle this game. The reason we got a goal in the end was we put forwards to run behind him when he came down to link up. That didn't happen much in the first half with Greenwood and Elanga.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
It was one of his better games, but obviously not great by any means. 5 goals in the last 16 league games is very worrying for a striker who doesn't do anything else.

The problem for me isn't the performance today though, it's the fact that he is treated different than anyone else. He literally finished every game and even when he was subbed 2,3 times he lasted around 80 minutes while other attacking players are dropped, subbed at half time etc...
At this point his performances should be "punished" too.

Those are the league minutes from this season.

1. Ronaldo 1.458 minutes
2. Greenwood 1.278 minutes
3. Sancho 939 minutes
4. Rashford 647 minutes
5. Cavani 536 minutes
6. Elanga 250 minutes
7. Martial 209 minutes

Only Bruno, Maguire and McTominay have more minutes than him from our outfield players and Harry and Scott are barely ahead of him despite the fact that Ronaldo was a Juventus player for the first 3 league games. That's not good for me and a 36-year old and needs to be pointed out when everyone complains about other attacking players not scoring more than him. Yeah they also don't get anywhere as much chances, that's why people are more frustrated with Ronaldo, because he looks untouchable despite beeing underwhelming like everyone else. At this point I hope we start treating him like anyone else.

bakalhau

Guy has no way to leave people happy.

When he's scoring like a madman in the CL he's just a poacher and sucks at everything else, when he's not scoring but directly contributing to goals (last game, this game), he's bad at link up play, and a passenger, and all.

:lol: Catch you all later in a few days

Edit: see no further than the post above 'contributes nothing else' despite being part of 2 goals in the last 2 games

Ludens the Red

Poor first half but did well second half. Kept things ticking. He needs to learn that he doesn’t have the body strength to be holding onto the ball when he drops deep. Needs to just take it, give it and move. He did that most of second half.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What annoys me is when the opposition plays from deep he refuses to work and press the first man like his wingers do. It's all worth while if he does the business in goals, but today I didn't see much today from him, or the last game either. Cavani came on and made smarter moves than he did in my opinion.

That said I still would not drop him or anything. I think if Sancho comes and Rashford can get his confidence back, we will have two wider players which pull the opposition apart - I think Ronaldo will really come alive when the gaps start. It's really easy to crowd him out right now when Greenwood plays, because Greenwood almost never goes toward a touchline to offer or take a player on. He's far too inverted.

Ladron de redcafe

That’s utter nonsense. Don’t know what game you were watching. When he had the ball, he pretty much made the correct decision every time, neat, simple touches and good when dropping deep. Also, involved in the winner. The likes of Elanga and Greenwood offered less than him and the midfield provided 0 service.
That's utter nonsense. Don't know what match you were watching. When he had the ball, he offered nothing, and messed up simple passes.

Rashford, Cavani and Martial offered more in limited minutes than he did in 90.

Status
Not open for further replies.