5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

DannyDee

Can't believe I'm seeing this thread. Can't wait to see what he can do for us now. Obviously won't be the same player as when he left, but still arguably the most clinical player in the box in the world, with an unreal work ethic. Was already really excited for this year, but this takes it to the next level.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I am sceptical whether he is still the player some hope he is. Lets see
He isn't, but he doesn't need to be. His movement, intelligence and intuitive actions are still world class and further to that, he's all about his legacy so he's not coming here for the fun of it.

He's going to be fed by an actual host of top providers and he lives to convert chances.

Striker Ronaldo in his dying embers should be a fun watch for how he modifies his game - he's long departed from the young, athletic iteration, but this version should be just as interesting, albeit in a wholly different way.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seeing a Ronnie player performance thread here would've seemed bizarre just 12 hours ago. What a strange world we live in.

Ananke

I don't want to go to sleep tonight in case I wake up and it's not real :( :(. His first game back at Old Trafford in a United shirt is going to be the stuff of dreams..

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I am sceptical whether he is still the player some hope he is. Lets see
He definitely isn't.

But he *is* a player who scored 29 goals in Serie A last season. That might be enough.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It's a bit strange to say the least, let's see what happens.

432JuanMata

He hasn’t scored yet knew he was over the hill get rid.

All jokes a side I have high hopes plus his winning mentality will benefit everyone

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Cant believe this is an actual thread. Cant believe he is back.

Chicharo

I can't believe we actually did a transfer without a usual saga.
I still think he can provide a lot, he is 36, but physical abilities were never problem with him, he is still a beast
When Rash gets back we will lethal weapons upfront - him, Ronaldo, Greenwood, Jadon, Edi... plus Bruno

Bwuk

Wonder how we will line up with him.

Didn’t he play as sort of a second striker off the left at Juve? He wasn’t a lone 9.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Feels surreal even as a neutral. Absolutely loving it that he's back with you guys again. What a crazy trabsfer window

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
Ronaldo will obviously get a lot of attention on the pitch. This, in turn, will give other players more space to work and hopefully take advantage.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Dont expect him to play like 27 yo Ronaldo, but give him space to shoot or good crosses at the far post and he Will Score 20+ goals. His assistences mark will be 12+ easily because he's a player that finds space and still gets man marked a lot.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Dont expect him to play like 27 yo Ronaldo, but give him space to shoot or good crosses at the far post and he Will Score 20+ goals. His assistences mark will be 12+ easily because he's a player that finds space and still gets man marked a lot.
The big thing for me is that in recent times during a game, there's a cross is delivered in the box and you're thinking "someone really should be there" and there's no United forward in sight. Knowing that Ronaldo will always be in and around there is massive. I'm expecting him to be a lot like Ruud.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Am I still dreaming? Please, don't wake me up.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
The big thing for me is that in recent times during a game, there's a cross is delivered in the box and you're thinking "someone really should be there" and there's no United forward in sight. Knowing that Ronaldo will always be in and around there is massive. I'm expecting him to be a lot like Ruud.
All of that but more important than anything: imagine Cristiano's impact on the dressing room. I have tremendous respect for Cavani as a CF and have been extremely grateful that we had him, but Cristiano's impact will be far beyond the goals or assists on the field. Having CR7 at United means the world for Sancho, Rashy, Greenwood, Bruno, even Pogba. And you know Cristiano will light a fire under anybody's ass who even thinks of not giving his absolute best in every game. He is a winner, he has perfection as a standard for himself and demands the same from others. Ronaldo in the dressing room is equal to what having Cantona or Roy Keane meant in Fergie's days. That is why his signing is HUGE! With him, with Bruno, with Varane, we will now have a critical mass of leadership in our team that creates the culture of not winning every game being unacceptable. THAT is the United culture, that is what we need, that is why I am in tears with joy and so are millions of us.

Brightonian

If he has ~30 G+A in all comps, by the end of the season, that's a success.
If we win a significant trophy, it's a success.

If he scores 30 goals but constipates our attack and we become a less dangerous attacking unit as a whole and don't win anything, it's a failure. Zlatan mk2.

I don't expect that to happen but I think it's a significant risk. I think to some extent it's exactly what happened at Juve, who were a better team overall before he arrived. If Ole handles him properly, it won't be a problem, and it could be the masterstroke in our 'return to the top'.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

If he scores 30 goals but constipates our attack and we become a less dangerous attacking unit as a whole and don't win anything, it's a failure. Zlatan mk2.

I don't expect that to happen but I think it's a significant risk. I think to some extent it's exactly what happened at Juve, who were a better team overall before he arrived. If Ole handles him properly, it won't be a problem, and it could be the masterstroke in our 'return to the top'.
Cart before the horse regarding Juve. Ronaldo stopped them getting worse.

Truth is Juve had already started regressing before Ronaldo. Compare their 2015 and 2017 squads to what's there now. Inter and Milan were much weaker when the decline started so it wasn't really exposed. However, now that their rivals have caught up Juve don't look like great shakes.

Juve have been relying on freebies to replace quality like Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba. It ain't worked. Ronaldo was the lifejacket. Take him away and there ain't much there.

I don't see the risks you are seeing with Ronaldo. He's an elite six yard box striker, which is something we need given Martial's regression and Cavani's desire to risk quarantine to play for Uruguay. Plus he will frighten opponents, which will create space for others.

Rather than the Zlatan deal, I reckon this will go more like Van Persie in 2012/13.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
What do we think is a reasonable target for goals? 20 plus in the league?

The United

Cart before the horse regarding Juve. Ronaldo stopped them getting worse.

Truth is Juve had already started regressing before Ronaldo. Compare their 2015 and 2017 squads to what's there now. Inter and Milan were much weaker when the decline started so it wasn't really exposed. However, now that their rivals have caught up Juve don't look like great shakes.

Juve have been relying on freebies to replace quality like Pirlo, Vidal, Marchisio and Pogba. It ain't worked. Ronaldo was the lifejacket. Take him away and there ain't much there.

I don't see the risks you are seeing with Ronaldo. He's an elite six yard box striker, which is something we need given Martial's regression and Cavani's desire to risk quarantine to play for Uruguay. Plus he will frighten opponents, which will create space for others.

Rather than the Zlatan deal, I reckon this will go more like Van Persie in 2012/13.
That's how I take on with Juve's decline as well. I mean how on earth one of the greatest ever players decline a good team himself?

If it is the case, that team must be seriously mismanaged which seemed like the case with Juve for the last few years.

Kinda reminds me of how Bruno is holding United back or some shit somewhere else.

lex talionis

I’m still struggling to get my head around Ronnie has come home.

We shall see what the football gods have up the sneaky sleeves, but if Ronaldo leads us to the double this season, we really will owe said gods quite a few animal sacrifices.

pav1790

Ronnie is here. We will once again be talking about his performances as a united player after 12 years. Surreal. If he wins here he'll become a legend in my books. Six years, I thought, was not enough to call him a united legend even if he's a football legend and united would and is inevitably mentioned in his story.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

How exactly is Zlatan a failure ? He helped us get the best season since SAF and got us 2 trophies..

Ronaldo , if played as a forward won't be limiting our attack. Countless times we had wished someone was in the box for the balls from the midfield and wings. We are so easy to defend if Cavani isn't playing. Basically an upgrade on Cavani and a damn good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.