Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Missing chance upon chance.

A player that even stops us having the ability to play false 9 formations that I have been wanting for ages.

Zoo

Played with intelligence today. Some lovely deft touches.

Woodenlung

It's notable that whilst team performance as a whole is gradually improving, Ronaldo is going the opposite way. He's not finishing the chances created for him and not doing much to aid in our build up either.

His first touch has also deteriorated badly. Gives the ball away a lot.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
His finishing is now so bad! I never expected him to dominate matches and run around a lot but I did expect him to finish off chances. He's incapable of doing that now, even absolute sitters because physically he's gassed.

Telsim

He is past it. He can definitely produce moments every now and then, but at 500k a week and at the top level where it's fine margins you just need to do more. I think he can be good as an impact sub, but I don't think he will agree to that in which case it's better to go our separate ways.

Jacob

Painful to watch. Jogging around not doing much to contribute.

Orange Tree

His first touch and general play is really bad. I'd prefer to see Bruno or Rashford up front at the moment.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The intensity of the Premier League is too much for him. He's not quick anymore and it really showed today.
Think that's reflected in how many times he's offside in a game. Way off timing them correctly when he starts running as he knows he dosen't have burst of pace to break away from most CBs now.

Actually wonder if you'll start him away to likes of Liverpool. Fernandes finishing game as false 9 may perhaps be sign of giving that outing in few tough away games to come.

The Hilton

He was brought in to put the ball in the goal, as supposedly he was still really good at that despite the rest of his game dropping off quite badly.

Unfortunately, the one thing he's meant to be good at is the thing he's worst at nowadays, and so not only are we having to carry him physically, he offers nothing in return.

Herman Toothrot

He's done at the top level, could be a great addition to the squad for another year if he had the ego to not play every week, but he doesn't. Very expensive baggage, best for everyone if he leaves at the end of the season.

edcunited1878

The chance in the first half wasn't as good as we thought. But he had a good game and was at the center of the winning goal from Fred.

He'll be in his element midweek :devil:

Idxomer

The lesson this season after the flopping of Lukaku and Ronaldo is don't buy strikers from Serie A.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Told ye this signing would take us sideways at best while rocketing up the wage bill and unsettling other players especially those looking for new deals. No problems with him having high standards, that’s good for him. Rashford and Greenwood were way too lazy wasteful and protected . The problem is in the PL it’s like playing with 10 men all too often. I was surprised he passed the ball to Sancho for that miss, I think Sancho was too! Fancy him to hit another 5-7 league goals by the end of the season. It’s ok but we need similar amount of goals and an absolute metric tonne more workrate, link up and aggression

90 + 5min

Lovley to see. Intelligent play all over pitch. Need more players with that kind of game reading.

Irwin99

I thought he played a pretty decent but unspectacular game to be honest. Worked hard, good build up play, should have scored in the first half but other than that he did ok.

Anyone would think he was Lukaku levels of bad with some of the criticism :houllier:

Jev

Predictable overreaction. Didn't think he was bad, he had some decent touches here and there. Also much better attitude, less hissy fits and much more supportive of his teammates.

yamo123x

Sad to watch today. He looked lethargic and wasteful. Hope he saved it for the champions league

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
He was not bad but there is obvious issue with Ronaldo at the moment. We need to use him judiciously.

Looking forward to see him score hattrick against AM

arnie_ni

Played with intelligence today. Some lovely deft touches.
I thought he was decent as well, all things considered.. First time pass for Fred in the build up to that goal, the back heel to sancho who probably should have hit first time.

This midweek game will be a big test and indicator where he is at.

lex talionis

I thought he played a pretty decent but unspectacular game to be honest. Worked hard, good build up play, should have scored in the first half but other than that he did ok.

Anyone would think he was Lukaku levels of bad with some of the criticism :houllier:
Agreed. Cringeworthy criticism on Pavolivian cue today because Ronaldo didn’t score a goal.

r1z3mu

Ronaldo - it's so sad to see decline of great ones (that includes Messi too). A few months ago I was counting days till Ole is gone. Now it's Ronaldo's time.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
We became better after he was subbed. He isn't a forward that can hold the ball. He just isn't that type of the player.

Classical Mechanic

When it comes to building up and participating in passing, I agree with you but when you look at all the chances he's missed, I think he's just declining and it would have happened anywhere.
I disagree. He's feeling the pressure of being a step behind and that's affecting his confidence. If he played in an easier league he would still bag.

The Gatekeeper

Supports
Southend United
He can still produce moments of absolute magic like last game, and his team play wasn't bad today. He's not worth his wage any more. At all. But I'm not sure that means he'a not worth his place in the team given the lack of alternatives.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
For the people defending him :

Do you honestly think there aren’t other improving players who we could get who do the exact same job on 1/4 of the cash and have a long term future at the club. He’s a poacher who comes back a few times a game when he doesn’t see enough of the ball standing up top half pressing.

We should be building and moving forwards. Not backwards and sideways

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arsenal
For the people defending him :

Do you honestly think there aren’t other improving players who we could get who do the exact same job on 1/4 of the cash and have a long term future at the club. He’s a poacher who comes back a few times a game when he doesn’t see enough of the ball standing up top half pressing.

We should be building and moving forwards. Not backwards and sideways
he was motm after lingard for me.

TypeR

I think he’s fine if he’s left to pick his spots and put chances away. But the system we play now asks much more of him physically, and he’s not looked as sharp in front of goal compared to early in the season when he’s left up top being static and just latching on to the final ball.

I don’t think he has the physical attributes anymore, at his age, to be playing for a top club in a physically demanding league.

kundalini

I'm surprised he wasn't substituted a lot earlier, especially with the CL match in midweek. Failed to put away a huge chance created by Pogba's skill.

The gulf between how good Ronaldo thinks he is and his performances in the PL, is enormous.

Status
Not open for further replies.