Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If he makes it clear he's not willing to accept being rotated then he should leave. I think he's professional enough to carry on and not cause too much trouble though.
Ronaldo is professional in many ways, but his ego means he will never be happy with 2nd fiddle until the penny drops that he isn't good enough anymore.

Deery

Dreary
Didn't say anything wrong. Just because he wasnt as good as Ronaldo in his prime doesnt mean he cant voice his views like everyone else. Rooney is also one of our greatest club legends. He's not Lindgaard.
He also said Ronaldo should leave this season because his transfer has not benefited the club, it’s kinda provocative for Ronaldo.

KeanoMagicHat

He also said Ronaldo should leave this season because his transfer has not benefited the club, it’s kinda provocative for Ronaldo.
It’s a very legitimate opinion for any pundit to have, Ronaldo will be 38 next season and is currently on £500,000 a week, the best paid player in the league. Ten Hag will probably want to go in a different direction. If he is talking about a 5 year plan, those plans don’t include Ronaldo still playing.

If the opportunity comes for him to leave, it might suit both parties.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He's completely right. He's on mental wages and a shadow of the player he was. Ronaldo loves being provocative himself.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I think he should be asked to leave to allow Ten Hag freedom. Ronaldo compromises the way he want to play and a Ronaldo on the bench would compromise the team atmosphere. A player with his elite mentality simomy wouldn not fathom being on the bench.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I think he should be asked to leave to allow Ten Hag freedom. Ronaldo compromises the way he want to play and a Ronaldo on the bench would compromise the team atmosphere. A player with his elite mentality simomy wouldn not fathom being on the bench.
I know that this is the Ronaldo thread but would you say he’s the only big name to whom that applies?
I agree that ronaldo would be a hugely difficult fit. I also can’t see, for example, how someone like De Gea fits with Ten Hag’s style, nor Maguire, nor Wan Bissaka. His style (and I’m no expert and would be happy to be corrected by any genuine followers of Dutch football) relies on a ball playing keeper who is prepared to leave his line, centre backs who are good enough at passing to play high up the pitch, and also have the pace to recover when those spaces get exposed. I don’t know what you think but it seems like if Ten Hag is appointed then there are 6 or 7 current regulars who wouldn’t fit his style.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I know that this is the Ronaldo thread but would you say he’s the only big name to whom that applies?
I agree that ronaldo would be a hugely difficult fit. I also can’t see, for example, how someone like De Gea fits with Ten Hag’s style, nor Maguire, nor Wan Bissaka. His style (and I’m no expert and would be happy to be corrected by any genuine followers of Dutch football) relies on a ball playing keeper who is prepared to leave his line, centre backs who are good enough at passing to play high up the pitch, and also have the pace to recover when those spaces get exposed. I don’t know what you think but it seems like if Ten Hag is appointed then there are 6 or 7 current regulars who wouldn’t fit his style.
Probably going to create a hread on it where we can discuss it specifically. Backing Ten Hag would mean enormous sacrifices. I don't mean in terms of signing players. But in terms of letting players on enormous contracts go.
I admit it is not only Ronaldo. I think the club would keep Dave for at least a year cause a suitable keeper is such a difficult pisition to fill. Pep also had to wait a year to find his keeper. There are a host of players as you say but Ronaldo will be the most difficult to deal with.

bakalhau

On to 3 pages because of a tweet :lol: Rooney has a right to voice his opinion, and so does Ronnie, regardless, if they both have an issue with each other, they can sort it out themselves as it's not like they didn't go through some stuff together until 2009. I just found it funny, specially with one of the most basic English mistakes people make. TWO JEALOUS:lol:

Marwood

It’s a very legitimate opinion for any pundit to have, Ronaldo will be 38 next season and is currently on £500,000 a week, the best paid player in the league. Ten Hag will probably want to go in a different direction. If he is talking about a 5 year plan, those plans don’t include Ronaldo still playing.

If the opportunity comes for him to leave, it might suit both parties.
He's not a pundit though.

Just seems a bit unnecessary to get on TV and say this sort of stuff about your ex teammate.

KeanoMagicHat

He's not a pundit though.

Just seems a bit unnecessary to get on TV and say this sort of stuff about your ex teammate.
His job on the night was punditry though, he would have been paid by Sky Sports to give his opinion and be a pundit for one night only. He was there to give insight, not to exchange pleasantries. And he was asked for his opinion about United, who are in dire straits. He can't say United are doing well, because just look at the table, so he's going to be asked 'how can you improve next season?'. And the fate of Ronaldo is a big decision that United have to deal with next season. Ronaldo is the paid £500,000 a week and he will be 38 next year. He's the best paid player in the league. He is right to say that if you want to focus on younger players and a rebuild, then it's hard to do that with such an expensive and high-profile player.

Marwood

His job on the night was punditry though, he would have been paid by Sky Sports to give his opinion and be a pundit for one night only. He was there to give insight, not to exchange pleasantries. And he was asked for his opinion about United, who are in dire straits. He can't say United are doing well, because just look at the table, so he's going to be asked 'how can you improve next season?'. And the fate of Ronaldo is a big decision that United have to deal with next season. Ronaldo is the paid £500,000 a week and he will be 38 next year. He's the best paid player in the league. He is right to say that if you want to focus on younger players and a rebuild, then it's hard to do that with such an expensive and high-profile player.
I get that but he's voluntarily put himself in that position. Nobody has forced him into going on tv to give his opinion about Ronaldo.

His words aren't exactly fierce but it just seems a bit pissy to a guy you once played with.

Irwin99

...At any rate, getting the thread back on track, he is still by far our best striker (some competition I know) and he'll be vital for us to finish this season in the best way. I barely have any faith we'll get near top 4 but if we do we absolutely need this guy firing in the goals.

As for his future, If i'm being honest i'd like to see him play here next season. Someone on here said that ETH would actually like him and that's kind of piqued my curiosity as to how he'd perform.

Having said that, he'll probably feck off as soon as the season's over if we don't make top 4.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Younger players are easier to mould. But still if someone can't adapt they should leave.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Getting rid of Ronaldo in the summer would be a big step in the right direction.

Not because he's particularly done anything wrong this season (a lot of the blame directed at him has been silly) but because he simply doesn't fit the way ETH plays. And I'm tired of us having a mish-mash team that isn't fully aligned to the way the manager wants to play, or managers having to compromise to work around square pegs in round holes. We should actually commit to what we want to do and that inevitably means losing some good players who just won't fit.

In Ronaldo's case, he seems unlikely to be happy be a second-choice player and even trying to do so would bring drama given his profile. Obviously none of that applies this season where a lack of options means we have and still do need him but in the summer he should be let leave.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Rooney's handling of media has been very impressive. None of the cliched hardman BS. As he has aged, Rooney seems to be very comfortable with where he's at.

Marwood

Great answer :lol:

Wayne if you're as wealthy as you are and still jealous of Ronaldo's money there's an issue there.

I also reckon there are loads of highly successful footballers out there not one bit jealous. They've had amazing careers themselves. To be jealous would be pretty infantile.

Does feel to me Wayne has a bit of an issue with him. Maybe stems from him very prematurely ending his own career.

Last edited:

GlasgowCeltic

He's obviously not jealous at all but it puts this 'story' to bed and probably pacifies the Ronaldo obsessed freaks

Deery

Dreary
He's obviously not jealous at all but it puts this 'story' to bed and probably pacifies the Ronaldo obsessed freaks
So far today I’ve seen fanboys, fatties, losers and freaks used to describe people who support one of our players, from the grownups?

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Pretty sure Ronaldo’s comment was just him having a banter at Rooney. I don’t know why people even took it seriously :lol:

Even Rooney knew it and that’s why he gave a funny response.

Remember the geese

Wayne if you're as wealthy as you are and still jealous of Ronaldo's money there's an issue there.

I also reckon there are loads of highly successful footballers out there not one bit jealous. They've had amazing careers themselves. To be jealous would be pretty infantile.

Does feel to me Wayne has a bit of an issue with him. Maybe stems from him very prematurely ending his own career.
You've taken this all very seriously.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Oh no Rooney upset the Ronaldo fans. Whatever will he do.
:lol: This. Great bunch of fans we have when people get so triggered by his comments, which he is perfectly in the right to make, and start making fun of his weight. People seem to forget than Rooney is more of a United legend than Ronnie is for us. Astonishing.

I actually agree with Rooney. Ronaldo should leave at end of season. He won't suit Ten Hagg's style, and he won't like being a super-sub for us. Our progression as a club is more important than trying to keep a 38 year old Ronaldo happy.

Loon

:lol:
Rooney is undergoing a renaissance. Maturity there I never noticed before. Be interesting to see if he can do well at a club with more stability in the future and actually fulfil his dream of being United manager.

NewYorkRed

And what would you say if ETH said he wanted to keep Ronaldo?

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Rooney is undergoing a renaissance. Maturity there I never noticed before. Be interesting to see if he can do well at a club with more stability in the future and actually fulfil his dream of being United manager.
If his comments on MNF are anything to go by, he'll be on the punditry alongside Rio & co in no time.

Tavern in the town

Didn't say anything wrong. Just because he wasnt as good as Ronaldo in his prime doesnt mean he cant voice his views like everyone else. Rooney is also one of our greatest club legends. He's not Lindgaard.
He’s from Warrington not Copenhagen.

Withnail

Clearly not content with probably being right about us signing Ronaldo, Jonathan Wilson was on Second Captains there claiming 'he wasn't that great for Real even if he did win 4 champions leagues' :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
This whole thread is still people acting like Ronaldo is THE big problem to fix.

Not a woefully out of form back like, having 2 limited centre mids starting most weeks, Bruno needing a free role, Sancho having only shown fleeting signs of class, Rashy being totally off form all season, and a criminal lack of quality in the depth players.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Clearly not content with probably being right about us signing Ronaldo, Jonathan Wilson was on Second Captains there claiming 'he wasn't that great for Real even if he did win 4 champions leagues' :lol: :lol: :lol:
And scoring an absolutely insane amount of goals every season, averaging more goals than games, which alongside Messi must be unprecedented in the last 50 years.

Apart from that and the B'allon Dors, utter crap really.

KeanoMagicHat

What was the context to that? Seems a wild comment.

Withnail

What was the context to that? Seems a wild comment.
They were discussing Benzema's performance (and the lads have already talked to him about Ronaldo at United) and then he goes imagine what Real could have done if they didn't waste all that time and money on Ronaldo. That got a big laugh but he was serious as he went on to say the bit I quoted and they'd have been better off with Bale and Benzema up front. Mad stuff altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.