5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassOf'99

We're still very unlikely to finish in the top four and Ronaldo has brought disharmony to the dressing room. We brought him back at an expense that has had lasting negative implications on the squad overall. We faired better last season and were supposed to improve on that when the club mindlessly signed him back. Was he here to save us from historic levels of embarrassment?

This season was unprecedented as we were supposedly ready to challenge since we signed him, Varane and Sancho. I'm not laying all the blame at this feet but his signing has been part of the dysfunction this season despite his goals
Personally I'm sick of this excuse being used to beat Ronaldo as the problem.

Last season we performed better than Liverpool, Chelsea, Tottenham, and Arsenal, not because we were by and far amazing but because they had a terrible season, were we had an above expected season.

This season those teams learnt their lessons from their poor performances, where we did not, hence why Ole was sacked.

Several players have performed worse this season than last because they have been found out, Maguire, Shaw, Rashford, Cavani, AWB, Bruno, Martial, McT, all starters, all on terrible form.

But fans like you want to blame Ronaldo who has 21 goals so far and has, on a whole performed to a higher standard than the rest of our collective attacking players.

We get it you don't like Ronaldo, but to blame 1 player for the failings of a whole team is quite a pathetic excuse.

Atheist

Disharmony really? A guy who’s won nearly everything in the game is at the fault? Not the other cowards who repeatedly fail to show up and perform?

I’m sure our season would have been wonderful if not for Ronaldo single-handedly making others perform like duds.

United in sin

After all is said and done I'm glad this guy will be gone this summer. Ten Hag is the future and he has no place for Ronaldo in it. It's not like Ronaldo won't leave united the second a top CL club comes in for him. Ronaldo and his agent are waiting for that call. He's desperate for it

lsd

The Oracle
Not sure he had bought any disharmony to the dressing room. From what I can see the young players especially look up to him and want to learn from him.

The only people I've seen that have problems with him going by media reports are the likes of Shaw and Maguire and to be totally honest I couldn't care less what they think about anything

SirMonteyne

After all is said and done I'm glad this guy will be gone this summer. Ten Hag is the future and he has no place for Ronaldo in it.
Man, there might be CR7 worship cult in this forum but what you are saying is like coming from CR7 hate cult. Cheers! have a nice day.

United in sin

Not sure he had bought any disharmony to the dressing room. From what I can see the young players especially look up to him and want to learn from him.

The only people I've seen that have problems with him going by media reports are the likes of Shaw and Maguire and to be totally honest I couldn't care less what they think about anything
Rashford and Greenwood as well. Bruno hasn't been the same player on the pitch production wise and the two have never had good on pitch chemistry.

Gatecrasher27

Take him and Dea Gea out of this team and we would be Everton, bang average. Two players digging us out game after game

Steven-UK

After all is said and done I'm glad this guy will be gone this summer. Ten Hag is the future and he has no place for Ronaldo in it. It's not like Ronaldo won't leave united the second a top CL club comes in for him. Ronaldo and his agent are waiting for that call. He's desperate for it
You'd rather we play Rashford as the main striker? Maybe bring Martial back?... He ain't the future, but Ronaldo is the only player worth paying the money for at the moment. If you were Ronaldo you'd want out of this absolute mess, also.

United in sin

You'd rather we play Rashford as the main striker? Maybe bring Martial back?... He ain't the future, but Ronaldo is the only player worth paying the money for at the moment. If you were Ronaldo you'd want out of this absolute mess, also.
I hope the bolded comes to fruition. We are looking at signing a young forward like Darwun Nunez. We need to look forward. I don't want to see a 38 year old declining Ronaldo here

Steven-UK

I hope the bolded comes to fruition. We are looking at signing a young forward like Darwun Nunez. We need to look forward. I don't want to see a 38 year old declining Ronaldo here
After 7 years of watching absolute garbage at OT, I'm just enjoying watching one of the best players of all time, live. I was a ST holder first time around also when he was here. Special. I agree about the future, but again, after the last 7 years I have zero confidence in the club in fixing this, so I'm taking my pleasure where I can.

United in sin

After 7 years of watching absolute garbage at OT, I'm just enjoying watching one of the best players of all time, live. I was a ST holder first time around also when he was here. Special. I agree about the future, but again, after the last 7 years I have zero confidence in the club in fixing this, so I'm taking my pleasure where I can.
No one is taking it from you. Im glad he's given you something to smile about on matchday

Foxbatt

He is not a crucial problem for now. Maybe after next season. Now there are more important issues to sort out. In fact he is the least worry. Bruno is a bigger worry than him.

Tavern in the town

Annoying how the “I thought he was a problem!!” lot crawl out once every ten years. Half his league goals have come against Norwich and Spurs. He’s scored in 3 games since the new year. Yes, he’s still a problem.

Sylar

Love that he got elanga to celebrate with him for the first
We need more with his mentality

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Annoying how the “I thought he was a problem!!” lot crawl out once every ten years. Half his league goals have come against Norwich and Spurs. He’s scored in 3 games since the new year. Yes, he’s still a problem.
Bitch, who's gonna score them otherwise?

Rashford? Martial?

Castia

You know absolute nothing about football now feck off.

Castia

Excellent counter point that. I’m sure you yourself are the next Fergie.

I wont even debate with a person who has supposedly watched United this season and come to the conclusion that Ronaldo is our biggest problem, you're simply wrong there's nothing else to say.

RepardReece

Went to Old Trafford for that.... Siu was brilliant.

Those complaining about this guy need to have a rethink, he's the best thing about this team this season and was a joy to watch today.

He's definitely not peak Ronaldo anymore, but just enjoy him and quit being whiny buggers

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Bitch, who's gonna score them otherwise?

Rashford? Martial?
Doesn't really make his point less valid. He's had major dry spells combined with abysmal general play. Doesn't take away from the fact though that his 2 hattricks have been world class.

bakalhau

I have some... spare time today. Is it okay to post some pics for some analysis of his game today? Hope it's not to spammy, hope the pics aren't big and hope you guys can read the orange text within pics. Would like to expand on each play but I can't spend 2 hours posting...

Figured I'd do something I wish I could do every game, but very little time lately. Some things are timeless and his awareness, off the ball movement, reading of the game, timing, ability to understand ball physics, to understand body positioning from his teammates is just extraordinary, and it's only getting better with age. There's so many strikers out there that are good at this stuff, but his level on these aspects is just unlike anything I've ever seen and I'm trying to bring awareness to more people to pay a closer look at the things Ronaldo does throughout any given match.

Wish I had some gifs or better quality images, unfortunately the direct feed on my PC from my local broadcast turns out black images on any recording I try to do or pic I try to take. I'll leave the 4 plays I remember down below taken from an internet highlights video.

If you can't read the text (seems a bit tiny maybe? sorry), just open in new tab and zoom in.

Hopefully this will be a nice way to show his qualities at this age still, but also a way for people who watch him less to understand what he tries to do every game. Sorry for the orange/small text! If it's appreciated by you guys I might do more as they come by each game.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I have some... spare time today. Is it okay to post some pics for some analysis of his game today? Hope it's not to spammy, hope the pics aren't big and hope you guys can read the orange text within pics. Would like to expand on each play but I can't spend 2 hours posting...

Figured I'd do something I wish I could do every game, but very little time lately. Some things are timeless and his awareness, off the ball movement, reading of the game, timing, ability to understand ball physics, to understand body positioning from his teammates is just extraordinary, and it's only getting better with age. There's so many strikers out there that are good at this stuff, but his level on these aspects is just unlike anything I've ever seen and I'm trying to bring awareness to more people to pay a closer look at the things Ronaldo does throughout any given match.

Wish I had some gifs or better quality images, unfortunately the direct feed on my PC from my local broadcast turns out black images on any recording I try to do or pic I try to take. I'll leave the 4 plays I remember down below taken from an internet highlights video.

If you can't read the text (seems a bit tiny maybe? sorry), just open in new tab and zoom in.

Hopefully this will be a nice way to show his qualities at this age still, but also a way for people who watch him less to understand what he tries to do every game. Sorry for the orange/small text! If it's appreciated by you guys I might do more as they come by each game.
Don't give yourself enough credit on this, I think this is fantastic and love it when a poster shares things like this post match. Please do keep this up in the future!

BorisManUtd

Our season is, unless there's a huge collapse by Spurs and Arsenal, basically dead so only thing I hope is that Ronaldo can get another 5 goals from remaning 6 games, which would make it 20 in Premier League for him this season. Scoring 20 at the age of 37 in the best football league would be nice, especially as there's a good chance Cristiano won't be staying beyond summer.

Pickle85

Yes he's brought disharmony to the dressing him and has brought imbalance to our attacking play. You can choose to be objectionable about this or look at his performances while lying in a pool of emotional adulation for him due to his past achievements here. Do make assumptions about what I read to formulate my opinions. They're based on what I see and discern. The body language speaks for itself a lot of times. Ronaldo's petulance after being subbed and his constant negative body displays of displeasure with his teammates for not passing to him this season tell a story of their own. Ronaldo was not liked by his Juventus teammates, many have come out stating how he affected the team spirit. Stop being blind to his negative impact. Some of you guys mindlessly praise him as if you're in a perma mindset of the Euphoria that comes while ejaculating.

Yes he got a hattrick and performed well today in an overall disjointed performance against relegation fodder, if doesn't stop me from stating the obvious in my eyes. We need to move on from this cult of personality circus
Ah ok so you're inferring things from what you've seen on TV and aren't basing it on fact. Nice one...body language expert extraordinaire.

bakalhau

Don't give yourself enough credit on this, I think this is fantastic and love it when a poster shares things like this post match. Please do keep this up in the future!
Thanks man, truly appreciate it. Take a look at this vídeo from a decade ago and you'll see exactly the same things I mentioned. 3 minute analysis from one game.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
I don’t hold back in my criticism of the guy when it’s warranted but feck me, every now and again he shows glimpses of his old self and pulls out a match winning performance. It’s a nice little nostalgic moment but he still needs to be moved on in the summer though.

crossy1686

career ending
Dragging us (and Maguire) kicking and screaming within a shout of 4th place. Dread to think where we’d be this season without him, but I’m sure he’s a problem or something…

United in sin

Ah ok so you're inferring things from what you've seen on TV and aren't basing it on fact. Nice one...body language expert extraordinaire.
Yes, the petulance, the interviews where he was dismissive of certain unnamed young players and the hint of disregard of Rangknick's tactics and failing to even refer to him by name ('this coach'). I believe the leaks and behavior like that didn't do anything to disseude me.

the_cliff

I don’t hold back in my criticism of the guy when it’s warranted but feck me, every now and again he shows glimpses of his old self and pulls out a match winning performance. It’s a nice little nostalgic moment but he still needs to be moved on in the summer though.
Agreed, now the season is all but done it is nice to see him perform somewhat like his old self, even if it's only one in 5 games.

Can't fault his effort and mentality though, we should've really got him in after he left Madrid not when he's on his last legs.

Pickle85

Yes, the petulance, the interviews where he was dismissive of certain unnamed young players and the hint of disregard of Rangknick's tactics and failing to even refer to him by name ('this coach'). I believe the leaks and behavior like that didn't do anything to disseude me.
Weird that those young players are unnamed. Almost like that story could be made up. As for his relationship with Ragnick, Ralph said this today: '"Again, he showed against Tottenham and today's game, that he can be the difference maker, in moments like this, in games like this, and it is no coincidence he has the best goalscoring record of all players in history. He showed that again today.' Sounds like he's happy with his contribution. Could it maybe, just maybe, be that United in Sin off the caf doesn't like Ronaldo and has joined some dots that don't exist, without any proof?

Status
Not open for further replies.