5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

lost7

Thought this might have been his best game of the season. His passing and link-up play was excellent, lost count of how many chances we've created thanks to him. Also, super unlucky with the offside goal, that would have been spectacular

Irwin99

Nice to see him get 100 league goals in the absence of anything else to cheer about. Wish there was some clarification on his future here. Wouldn't blame him if he left.

Lewnited

Is he still the reason why Bruno and Rashford have been playing with their eyes closed since the end of 2020?

bakalhau

Actually had a brilliant game today. 3 chances created, 2 for Elanga, 1 for Dalot. 1 goal. Another goal offside by a smidge.

Tracked back and did anyone see his urgency in the last 10 minutes when every teammate already had given up?

He deserved much more than this today. His mentality and emotional side is just... It's just leagues ahead of everyone else on the team. People are too hung up that his name is Ronaldo and that he has a number next to him saying 37. If he's finished I don't even wanna think what the other players are.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Gotta respect him for his love for football and actually doing what he is paid to do. What happened to hin, if it was some other player we probably wouldn't see him for weeks, and he is back the week after and has a good game.

MrEleson

I genuinely believe he could get 30+ league goals if he went to City.

I guess he saved the PL from embarrassment with not going there as it would be something for a 37 year old to just rock up and score 30+ in the league which hasn't been done in years even if it is Ronaldo.

The United

Not sure why he didn't take the pen. He also plays miles better when he gets an actual rest. Was very good all round today IMO. 100 pl goals is nice
Think Bruno and Ronaldo had some understanding like if one misses, the other would take the next. Ronaldo missed the last one before this one.

AndySmith1990

We'll see how much he loves the club now that we'll be playing in the conference league next season

Yagami

Good post resistant
Criminal that he didn't take the pen. We passed on the biggest winner the game has seen taking a crucial pen for a bottler.

twitter thread suggester
I have gained so much respect for him this season.

He might be a petulant arrogant guy, but he has more winning mentality than the rest put together.
And he has only gotten better as the season has progressed.

Hope he finds some success elsewhere.

stw2022

The irony that Ronaldo is the only outfield player actually delivering and not getting by on reputation and past glories

justboy68

Deserved much better today. He was great. Just hope he can get a few more goals before the season is out. Disgrace he didn't take the penalty.

Sylar

The finish on that offside goal was fantastic. Also should have had an assist too.
Easily our best player, and its a shame he didnt take the penalty.

The mental strength of this guy is immense,

lex talionis

The Problem put in a great shift. Unlucky to be denied a goal on offside, especially after VAR made it clear he was onside, and unlucky not to have been the one to take the pk.

MrEleson

Still amazed Rooney said he's been a failure and we should be looking to build around young guys like Lingard and Mctominay :lol:

Charrockero

Supports
Chivas de Guadalajara
We'll see how much he loves the club now that we'll be playing in the conference league next season
I think he loves and respects the club, but being honest the club has failed him this season. I don’t expect him to folllow United playing a Mickey Mouse cup next season and even less being almost 38. His career and prestige across the years has earned him that chance of exiting without losing face.

Walters_19_MuFc

Man of the match today. Felt he was really good with his back to goal and link play. Not only that, but he worked tremendously hard off the ball. A shame he was on the losing team.

People debating whether we should be keeping him next season. The question should be, does he want to stay? We're not in a position to be passing off someone like Ronaldo. We're lucky to have him!

Next season, if he stays, based on what I saw today, I think he'd be fine in the lone striker role (with a lot of rotation), especially as ten Hag likes to flood the box and get crosses in.

MichaelRed

I understand there's an agreement of pen swapping when a player misses between Bruno & Ronaldo. I also understand that Bruno has a high conversion rate but everyone knows penalties are a mental test & Ronaldo has taken the most high pressure penalties imaginable. Absolutely no way Bruno should have taken the pen today. Ronaldo has taken pelters this season & I'd be devastated to lose him but at the same time he deserves to be playing in the CL & winning trophies. Far and away our best player, despite his age & online detractors.

LoneStar

I have gained so much respect for him this season.

He might be a petulant arrogant guy, but he has more winning mentality than the rest put together.
And he has only gotten better as the season has progressed.

Hope he finds some success elsewhere.
Yeah some people speculate that it’s difficult for managers to handle him and his ego. Seems like the most professional player at the club. Hell, I wouldn‘t blame him if he had taken the season off, given his personal situation (with nothing to play for anyway). Yet here he is today, showing up the other players for the spineless cowards they are.

I wouldn‘t blame him if he wants to get out of this shitshow next season. Hell, I would want to leave this shitshow if I were in his place. He has like 1/2 years left at the top, and he won’t be winning anything here.

LoneStar

Such a stupid take. Footballers shouldn’t base their decisions on their ‘love’ for the club. The clubs certainly won’t hesitate to fire or sell them if they are performing poorly. Wouldn’t blame him for leaving this shitshow one bit. He probably wants to win a trophy or two before he retires, and he‘s not winning shit here.

Xanther

This guy, man. Incredible. At 37, he could finish the season with almost 30 goals if his form remains. I want him around until the end of the 2023/24 season in ETH's season but that looks unlikely

Based Adnan

Such a stupid take. Footballers shouldn’t base their decisions on their ‘love’ for the club. The clubs certainly won’t hesitate to fire or sell them if they are performing poorly. Wouldn’t blame him for leaving this shitshow one bit. He probably wants to win a trophy or two before he retires, and he‘s not winning shit here.
I think the club has proven time and time again that's not true

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
There’s no question he’s had bad matches and ones where he’s offered absolutely nothing but he’s shown enough over recent weeks to prove it wasn’t because he’s finished.

Foxbatt

Still amazed Rooney said he's been a failure and we should be looking to build around young guys like Lingard and Mctominay :lol:
That is exactly why Rooney should never be anywhere close to Manchester United in a managerial set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.