5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NewYorkRed

The problem. Keeps proving jokers who doubt him wrong, as he has done throughout his career.

LoneStar

I think the club has proven time and time again that's not true
Wasn‘t referring to United, but in general. This whole concept of loving a club seems a bit pointless to me. No player is going to join a club based on love if they have better offers from other clubs.

bakalhau

There’s no question he’s had bad matches and ones where he’s offered absolutely nothing but he’s shown enough over recent weeks to prove it wasn’t because he’s finished.
I said a few months ago, form is temporary, class is permanent. He's still at this stage, no where close to being done. He also shows he can do more than just shoot.

Agree with you that he's had a bad spell but I mean, it's about time we stop saying nonsense here and have a smidge of respect for the dude, who busts a gut day in day out at training or at home to be the best player he can be, and talk about how we can get the most out of him taking into account his strengths and yes, his faults.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
He always performes well against Arse and Spurs. Whether he stays or goes I think is up to him and not the club. He lives for his CL record. If we're out of top 4 he's not staying.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
He had a few months in the middle of the season where he was playing like shit and even his finishing was terrible, so it's not surprising that there was a real worry that he might have been finished at the top level. Thankfully he seems to have gotten out of that rut and he's been quite a bit better for the last few weeks. I do wonder if he might have to start managing his game-time a bit more though; he might not be capable of starting more than one game a week anymore.

gorky_utd

Hope he stays one more season. Makes the rebuild much easier with a back up st and maybe Antony in wing. He needs to finish his UTD career in a high.

Trex

Would keep him for next season and make him captain, but will buy another striker and rotate them.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Apparently the reason why Bruno can’t perform this season.

Bobski

Some of his best link up play of the season was in that first half with Elanga.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
His form has been great recently, looks really sharp as oppose to the first 3/4 of the season where he barely looked like a footballer, maybe just needed to reacclimatise himself to the league

Ralph1386

He had a few months in the middle of the season where he was playing like shit and even his finishing was terrible, so it's not surprising that there was a real worry that he might have been finished at the top level. Thankfully he seems to have gotten out of that rut and he's been quite a bit better for the last few weeks. I do wonder if he might have to start managing his game-time a bit more though; he might not be capable of starting more than one game a week anymore.
At his age, if he plays three times a week, he’ll be bad. If he plays once a week, you can expect world class performances.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Judging by what ralf and lingard said, I think the reports were true of him leading a group of players vs another player (forgot who) leading another group.

Not hard to guess which group is more loyal and hard working.

The United

Judging by what ralf and lingard said, I think the reports were true of him leading a group of players vs another player (forgot who) leading another group.

Not hard to guess which group is more loyal and hard working.
What did they say and when did they say it?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
What did they say and when did they say it?
Ralf said he wouldn't go as far as saying the players like each other, but just that you're cordial. Lingard has been ratting to Scholes that the changing room isn't a pleasant place to be. This was all today.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Definitely looks like he should be playing 60 mins a week these days, but in those 60 mins he’s a top player. I was definitely worried he was on a dramatic decline midway through the season, but he really adjusted his game to fit into this team and to the limits of his body.

Seems a lot more like Giggs in his last couple of years; he can only sparkle for an hour a week, but we can have a big impact in that time.

OleksUsykUD

He had a bad period, but no one actually give him time to acclimatize, aren't we ? At the end of the day, it was long time since he played in PL.

Still the bad period was for pretty much the whole squad, and everyone who was playing football, no matter the level know how hard is it to start working with a new coach in the middle of the season and so.

On top of that, our midfielder is dreadful, and he is just not getting enough support, on top he is mostly not being used to his strength and not play him on the right position.

A player like Ronaldo though is always useful, cause even if he had a **** game, he is always marked by a lot of defenders, which give more free spaces to our other players.

Saying all this, and being a fan of his i think he had to go in the summer. We are going to start a new project with a manager that just use a style that won't be any good for Ronaldo to say the least.

We just need a fresh start, and this will be good for both parties. Saying that if we was to get Conte i would definitely want him to stay, but getting Conte would mean fast changes in a no time, immediate improvements and fighting for the title in the next 2 years. Now with ETH it's a different story.

luke511

Definitely looks like he should be playing 60 mins a week these days, but in those 60 mins he’s a top player. I was definitely worried he was on a dramatic decline midway through the season, but he really adjusted his game to fit into this team and to the limits of his body.

Seems a lot more like Giggs in his last couple of years; he can only sparkle for an hour a week, but we can have a big impact in that time.
I suspect his dramatic decline midseason may have had something to do with Rangnick's attempted step up in intensity during training when he first came in. It definitely looked like a complete burnout, and now he's more wary of having to be tactical with his body.

Nero

Performances have gone up a notch since we started playing one game a week.

jesperjaap

Scores in a few game "how dare fans doubt him" goals three games without a goal "He is past it, needs to be replaced, doesnt press, cant work in a system"

The way the tide turns in a couple of weeks is madeness on here. The simpel truth for me:

Without Ronaldo we would have been knocked out embarrasingly in the group stages of the champions league

We would be 5-10 points worse off than we are now in the lague and fighting for Europe and failing not top four

We would have been screwed full stop with the Greenwood situation and Cavanis injuries watching Rashford up front most of the season

Ronaldo is still one of the best strikers in the world, but it isnt all roses. He has regressed since leaving madrid and since coming to us from Juventus, there is no doubt about that. As well as he looks after himself, 38....more regression expected. He still has pace, but there have been examples of his sharpness in front of goal being just that bit weaker than a year or two ago, and his sharpness holding the ball up, todays performance was the best he has done in that regard for some time.

But the main things for me, provide him chances, he still gets goals, he also sets an example to the rest of the side, should definately stay for next season

Red Rash

Still a fantastic player. Really happy for him getting the goal after the difficult week and unfortunately we couldn't get the win for him.

Was a really good performance and he is one of the players who really seems to care. Has been out of form for part of the season but you still feel if he was playing in a team like Man City or Liverpool I wouldn't be at all surprised if he had a goal a game

bakalhau

Scores in a few game "how dare fans doubt him" goals three games without a goal "He is past it, needs to be replaced, doesnt press, cant work in a system"

The way the tide turns in a couple of weeks is madeness on here. The simpel truth for me:

Without Ronaldo we would have been knocked out embarrasingly in the group stages of the champions league

We would be 5-10 points worse off than we are now in the lague and fighting for Europe and failing not top four

We would have been screwed full stop with the Greenwood situation and Cavanis injuries watching Rashford up front most of the season

Ronaldo is still one of the best strikers in the world, but it isnt all roses. He has regressed since leaving madrid and since coming to us from Juventus, there is no doubt about that. As well as he looks after himself, 38....more regression expected. He still has pace, but there have been examples of his sharpness in front of goal being just that bit weaker than a year or two ago, and his sharpness holding the ball up, todays performance was the best he has done in that regard for some time.

But the main things for me, provide him chances, he still gets goals, he also sets an example to the rest of the side, should definately stay for next season
Fair, well rounded, level headed post, commend you for that. 98% agree too. People too reactionary here with him, but it's to be expected, in Madrid forum he went from being finished each year at some point to being godlike 2 weeks later.

Hopefully the usual fellas post the Ronaldo vs Arsenal on Youtube soonish, I'd like to share the video here, I'm interested in rewatching his link up today.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

Yeah, I’m coming round to this.

What I really want to see is an acknowledgment (from the manager and Ronaldo) that he can’t play every game. I thought he was very good today. Which seems to happen every time he has a break. The really poor performances come up when he’s playing twice a week. And if he is going to stay that can’t be a regular occurrence. Not when he’s another year older, that’s for damn sure.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
No, next year is a no circus year, has to be. Ronnie brings circus, he can't help it. I've a zero tolerance policy for playing to the cameras next season. I desperately want him to take the show elsewhere this Summer.

bakalhau

What I really want to see is an acknowledgment (from the manager and Ronaldo) that he can’t play every game. I thought he was very good today. Which seems to happen every time he has a break. The really poor performances come up when he’s playing twice a week. And if he is going to stay that can’t be a regular occurrence. Not when he’s another year older, that’s for damn sure.
He wasn't playng every game in Juve and Madrid (by the last 3 seasons), Ronaldo knows by now he can't play every game and has no issues with it. Zidane really stuck it through his head. I know he sulked in that sub and may give the impression he wants to play every single game, but it's been 5 years since he's started rotating a bit more and from what I read a few years ago in one of his interviews in Portuguese sometimes he actually picks games to sit out himself.

It should be as it mostly was in Juve/Madrid. No cup games, and I mean NO CUP GAMES, except for finals (and maybe a semi final if really important). 31-34 games in PL and CL/EL games.He should be able to handle 38-45 games a year right now, compared to 50-65 at his peak. 30-34 PL, 6-13 CL/EL. If team goes out earlier in Europe, more PL games, if team keeps going in europe, less PL games.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I suspect his dramatic decline midseason may have had something to do with Rangnick's attempted step up in intensity during training when he first came in. It definitely looked like a complete burnout, and now he's more wary of having to be tactical with his body.
I think its more to do with our busy fixture during Jan to Feb, when we have to play every other 3 days for several weeks without any rest.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
No, next year is a no circus year, has to be. Ronnie brings circus, he can't help it. I've a zero tolerance policy for playing to the cameras next season. I desperately want him to take the show elsewhere this Summer.
The actually being one of our good footballers show?

I think I prefer his "show" to every other player's form this season.

MrEleson

I believe his poor form was due to how excessively he was being used, you could see it in his movement, his mind was in it but his body was just a step behind. Flash-forward to recent weeks where he’s been afforded more rest (for one reason or another) and he’s been excellent.
He clearly still has a lot to offer at the very highest level if used properly.
His misuse in the middle of the season is again a club issue with the lack of alternatives (Cavani being perennially injured, Greenwood gone AWOL, etc).

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
excellent first half. tired a bit in the 2nd, but looked like the ronaldo we all expect

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
The actually being one of our good footballers show?

I think I prefer his "show" to every other player's form this season.
There are many, many things I prefer to watching our players this season. That's not the bar. I just want a whole different emphasis next year, an absence of ego, a proper buy in to the collective. I don't know if that's in him at this stage of his career. He is what he is.

kps88

I think the bigger problem is will he be able to wrap his head around no longer being our first choice striker. Forget being rested/rotated, he could be dropped if we get our next striker signing right.

He basically needs to decide if he wants to be a squad player with us or a first team player in a weaker league.

luke511

I think its more to do with our busy fixture during Jan to Feb, when we have to play every other 3 days for several weeks without any rest.
Yeah no doubt, it just felt like his drop in his performances correlated exactly after Rangnick took over late November, so wondered if the training intensity could've been a contributing factor as well. It's fair to say it was all fitness anyway and nothing really to do with his ability to score goals, the way some users have been holding that period against him.

Status
Not open for further replies.