5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarstoolProphet

Rangnick praising Ronaldo heavily in the post-match interview. Saying he was fantastic even without the goal and praising him for his workrate and crucially says he has a role to play next season if he continues like this.

OmarUnited4ever

What a player, I truly believe ETH can make use of him next season, imagine Ronaldo in a side that's drilled and coordinated, he would score goals and win us games.

ETH had Haller, scoring for fun.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
This is the only enjoyable aspect from watching United now. The individual performances and goals from Ronaldo. Outside of that its sh*te.

MrEleson

This season has proven to me two things:

1. Ronaldo can still hit 40/50 goals in all comps if given proper service and a fully functioning team.

2. Ronaldo at his physical peak would make light work of the prem and most likely score the same outrageous 40+ league goals he was scoring in La Liga considering the 37 year old, old man version of him is the 2nd topscorer in the league despite how poor his supporting cast has been.

Rolaholic

He'd be top scorer in the league at 37 if he were at Citeh, 'Pool or Chelsea given the consistent service that would be available to him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
This is the only enjoyable aspect from watching United now. The individual performances and goals from Ronaldo. Outside of that its sh*te.
Yep I've gone from not wanting to watch our games to just watching for him. He won't be here for much longer so he needs to be enjoyed

NewYorkRed

Love how he keeps proving the idiots who think he’s the reason we stink wrong week in, week out. He’s done it througout his career, you’d think these ‘geniuses’ would’ve learnt by now. One of the few players who are decidely NOT the problem and the only bright spot in an otherwise horrific season.

If he stays, he will bang in 30+ easily under a hopefully attacking ETH team.

MrEleson

Has he been linked to other teams yet?

I really dont see how a 38 old version of Ronaldo plays possesion football that is revolving around consistent positional movement.
If Lewandowski moves this summer, could be a possibility.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
His run of form the past month or 2 has really cemented to me that the guy just needs resting between games, which is of course no surprise. Mid season he was definitely not performing well at all, just the basics were off. When he gets some rest between games he's still an excellent poacher. Good to see!

Gottabekiddingme

Exactly. Someone gets it.
Don't get me wrong. I still don't want him to stay next season. It's not about football anymore. It's crazy to say and some of you will call me stupid, but he makes the team worse because of the expectations he brings with him for titles. Our players can't handle the pressure. It'll take years to fix and he'll just rut here, maybe get toxic, so it's better to let him go.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons

He'd be top scorer in the league at 37 if he were at Citeh, 'Pool or Chelsea given the consistent service that would be available to him.
He’d have to be used very sparingly, seeing how much more games they’ve played than us this season and how badly he struggled in the brief spell when we had a congested fixture list.

laughtersassassin

When he plays 1 game a week he is one of the best players in the league.

He struggled in the mid season as we played him way too much.

Definitely our best player this season and needs to be kept

Xanther

Incredible, incredible. 37 and 2nd top scorer in the most demanding league in the world. I wish so bad for him to stick around for another 2 years because I think he can handle it no problem, to see how he does with actually good coaching with ten Hag. But I'm also aware it would potentially be a taint on this glorious career if he went another season struggling

bakalhau

1. Ronaldo can still hit 40/50 goals in all comps if given proper service and a fully functioning team.

2. Ronaldo at his physical peak would make light work of the prem and most likely score the same outrageous 40+ league goals he was scoring in La Liga considering the 37 year old, old man version of him is the 2nd topscorer in the league despite how poor his supporting cast has been.
How closely have you followed his career? For some in here that have gone through it all like myself or @SportingCP96 and more people, we've said multiple times earlier he could still hit 40 in a very good attacking team. It never seemed far fetched back then, it's just getting quite obvious he's far from being done. He has an enormous amount of qualities that go beyond age. It's always good to see new people understanding that.

He'd have destroyed every PL record in existence if he had spent 15 years here, but I mean that's a given.

Red the Bear

Something less generic

I mean considering what those 2 did in the CL i don't anyone doubted that.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Even leaving aside the goals, his work-rate and general play has been excellent recently.

There are obviously stark limitations on what he can do physically and how regularly he can play but at least he looks interested in trying to push himself to those limits. Which is a lot more than can be said for some younger players in the team.
Crazy when we think back to the start of the season….people saying he wouldn’t run, couldn’t run etc etc…..he seems to be the only fecker that actually Does run

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Jesus, his hit map looks more befitting of a rightback.
What feck is everyone else doing.

Marwood

Crazy when we think back to the start of the season….people saying he wouldn’t run, couldn’t run etc etc…..he seems to be the only fecker that actually Does run
I think he works harder off the ball now than he did for us 2007.

bakalhau

That's the thing though. He listens to criticism and works to improve. He's so much more humble in a footbling sense than people realize.

Everyone pounded him here for his workrate and 4 weeks later he was running everywhere. First to arrive to training, last one to leave. Every single day.

We should give constructive criticism to the man here, and stop with some of the words that have been thrown around. It's an utter disrespect to someone who's day in day out working his ass off for him and whatever club he's in.

We should rally together to have a level of discussion here that's on par with the amount of effort this guy puts in.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
ETH will have dillema's next season, that's for sure... Greenwood, Cavani, Martial all with uncertain future, meanwhile certain Portuguese lad still scoring goals in age of 37.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
If someone can offer him Champions League football, he’ll be gone and I won’t blame him. With one year left on his contract, it’s not something we’ll ever be offering him again.

FattyFooty

Wasnt he suppose to be bad?

This dude on caf, even had a very proffesional youtube vid to prove how bad he was...

GlasgowCeltic

Bayern would be a brilliant move for him, deserves to end his career with a bit of farmer statpadding

Idxomer

ETH will have dillema's next season, that's for sure... Greenwood, Cavani, Martial all with uncertain future, meanwhile certain Portuguese lad still scoring goals in age of 37.
This is actually why we need a striker almost more than any other position, Ronaldo shouldn't be playing more than one game a week under any circumstances.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
He’s lowkey had a really good season after that Christmas dip. He’s now scoring the goals and racking up the non-pen xG and xA to make it sustainable. Salah’s been in a league of his own, but he’s been as good as anyone else outside of that in the final third. Let’s hope we can build a defence and find some supporting characters going forward to make better use of his output next season.

Status
Not open for further replies.