5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chicharo

He must stay, but he also must be prepared not to play every game 90 minuted. It will all depend on ETH. That's why we need to buy a seriously good striker too pair the two. Forget Mitrovic and the others

Last edited:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Why oh why did the Messi Vs Ronaldo thread only get stopped when Messi stops performing :rolleyes:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
One interesting stats, he got 74 pass (91.9% success rate) from last game, that’s very very high considering he plays as striker for us.

In comparison, City’s Jesus only got 34 pass (82%) from his recent game (4:0 vs Leeds). While Liverpool’s Jota only got 19 pass (68%) from most recent game (1:0 vs Southampton). Spurs’ Kane only got 27 pass (59.3%) in his recent game (3-1 vs Leicester).

By far the best playmaking CF in the league lately? Since some of his pass really create good goalscoring chances to his teammates too. I think ETH would absolutely love that for his possession football, if he stays.

Last edited:

Red the Bear

Something less generic
One interesting stats, he got 74 pass (91.9% success rate) from last game, that’s very very high considering he plays as striker for us.

In comparison, City’s Jesus only got 34 pass (82%) from his recent game (4:0 vs Leeds). While Liverpool’s Jota only got 19 pass (68%) from most recent game (1:0 vs Southampton). Spurs’ Kane only got 27 pass (59.3%) in his recent game (3-1 vs Leicester).

By far the best playmaking CF in the league lately? Since some of his pass really create good goalscoring chances to his teammates too. I think ETH would absolutely love that for his possession football, if he stays.
He isn't really a Play maker per say (Obviously capable of it like that beautiful pass to mata) but has the intelligence to keep the ball rolling and not ball hug at all.
He does it in a Very safe and sound manner as well, and I Really like it when he does, Keeps us rolling and ticking.

His first stint was Quite the contrary with him needlessly ball hogging at times and losing possession, he really evolved a Ton during his career.

crossy1686

career ending
Where exactly do you people think he will leave to?

He's on a 600K a week contract. Who is going to match that?

He won't return to La Liga or Serie A.

Bayern or PSG?

Bayern couldn't afford his salary and United won't sell him to PSG after they scoop up Pogba. Not to mention Messi, Neymar et al - there is a clique - wouldn't want him there.

He has enhanced his legacy tremendously by performing at such a high level in the PL, at 37yo he could end up with a 20+ PL goal campaign.

It makes sense for him to stay another season and then leave for free if there is no UCL football/improvement.
So you’re not aware of Barcelona and Madrid trying to get him back to Spain? That’s what all the latest reports are saying.

Why won’t he return to La Liga? Because you think so? I’d be surprised if he didn’t end up back there. He could play into his 40’s there.

jackal&hyde

For the benefit of the team and club and the new manager he should stay. For his own ability to win trophies, going back to Madrid for a couple of seasons seems like the reasonable choice.

I'd be gutted to see him leave again but I'd understand. Such a shame the team decided to implode this season.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Doubt he’ll be going anywhere. He has been very impressive recently. I believe he can be part of another successful United team.

MrEleson

For all of Messi’s assists against lower Ligue 1 teams, Ronaldo could easily be matching him if he had worthy finishers around him.

This pass from him near the very end was sumptuous.

His numbers would be so much more incredible in a proper functioning team.

Mbappe at the end of this and it’s a goal. Not sure what Cavani is even trying to do.

DutchCruijff

So you’re not aware of Barcelona and Madrid trying to get him back to Spain? That’s what all the latest reports are saying.

Why won’t he return to La Liga? Because you think so? I’d be surprised if he didn’t end up back there. He could play into his 40’s there.
Barcelona? Madrid?

Are you for real?

He'd go to Barca to ruin his legacy at Madrid?

Madrid could have signed him the past 2 seasons but they didn't. They have Mbappe/Benzema/Vinicius for their front three next season, where does Ronaldo fit?

crossy1686

career ending
Barcelona? Madrid?

Are you for real?

He'd go to Barca to ruin his legacy at Madrid?

Madrid could have signed him the past 2 seasons but they didn't. They have Mbappe/Benzema/Vinicius for their front three next season, where does Ronaldo fit?
He was about 10 minutes away from joining City...

and Madrid haven't tied Mbappe up yet. Ronaldo would still get in both of those teams regardless.

He was about 10 minutes away from joining City...

and Madrid haven't tied Mbappe up yet. Ronaldo would still get in both of those teams regardless.
No he won't! Because he will still be at Utd next season. I have faith. All Hail Ronnie, Viva Ronaldo!!!
P.S. what a difference a proper player with standards actually makes even in a team that isn't functioning at all.

iHicksy

I'd like to know who people think are better strikers in the premier league than Ronaldo? Forget age, there are maybe 6 world class number 9s in world football and he's one of them. His first touch and finishing and link up play is absolutely world class.

Mcking

He got all those touches and passes because he was barely in the middle. Felt like we weren't playing with a striker for most parts of the game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He got all those touches and passes because he was barely in the middle. Felt like we weren't playing with a striker for most parts of the game.
But he is still our only CF isn’t he, and our top goalscorer too, so he is doing his primary job right. It’s just that he likes to drop back and involves more in build up play, which makes him probably the best “playmaking CF” in the league (lately).

OverratedOpinion

My only interest for the last couple of games is whether he gets a hat-trick and gives himself a chance to run Salah close for the golden boot.

MUFC OK

He's a freak, he has to stay - ETH would be bonkers to let that kind of talent go. Still world class, and clearly has years left in him.
I see no reason why he can't operate at this level for another 3 or 4 years. With him more than anyone else, age is just a number. Would be idiotic of us to let him go this summer in my opinion.

Gonna need to see him win a trophy here before he thinks about moving on.

Last edited:

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
I am convinced some posters have drafted something like “although he’s had a good run in the last x amount of games (x depending on when he has his first bad game again) this game is huge EVIDENCE that I was correct in saying he is simply too old and the team is suffering from playing with him”. They have been waiting to POUNCE and unleash their carefully prepared pseudo intellectual assessment like a goku kamehameha beam unto the unworthy caf.

Two games left for him to give a 6 or below performance, they are nervous and rubbing their fat fingers in vicious anticipation and hopeful glee. This is not about the club or the player or reality anymore, it’s about their internet football intellect and caf honor.

Last edited:

OleksUsykUD

I think he will have a chat with the board and with the new manager and then he/the club will decide what the best move is.

Pretty sure he will wants guarantees that we will challenge for trophy next season or he is gone.

He is 37, and doesn't have much time left(maybe in his mind he have 3-5 season left, who knows) so i doubt that he will want to wait on a future "project" that no one knows if will be successful or not, except for some of our fans that are dreaming high with ETH, who in my eyes is a one big question mark with his attacking football, that very few can actually deliver at top level and actually want something with it.

I won't get mad either way and i'm prepared for both outcomes. Ronaldo at this stage in his career 100% is looking what is best for him in terms of legacy. Money is not a factor for him, cause he had more than enough for 100 lifes.

I think that if he had a better offer and shots at titles with decent salary(obviously for prestige and his brand) i think he is gone.

He will be a top notch signing for both PSG and Bayern if Mbappe and Lewa is gone from there. He is giving them a shot at CL straight away with his clutchness.

As far as us goes, if he is gone in the summer i think that will drop the pressure level of some players to perform(all around, diets, training, level of plays, expectation and so), and they will perform better. It may also be good for ETH to not have Ronaldo in the team.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
He's really ending the season on a high, he's been fantastic these last few weeks. His start wasn't half bad either. Nov - Feb was total crap though. We probably played him into the ground.

"I stay". I hope.

Can’t personally see where he would go, despite how good he is I would be amazed if Bayern wanted him at 38.
Madrid feels like a no. Barca not happening, nor Juve.
I think he’ll desperately want to stay, and is hoping ETH thinks the same.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's still under contract for a year so i'm not sure what all the speculation is about. It's whether ETH wants him to stay, not if he wants to leave.

Sure another club could buy him from us, but are they gonna offer 15m for him?

Hughes35

All the talk about him leaving is odd. Our only plus point of the season.

They're talking as if he is out of contract or something. He's still Ronaldo and has a decent value. Anybody wanting him would need to make an acceptable offer, this part seems to have been ignored.

Sylar

I hope we give him a chance to get two more goals (at least) in our last two games.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He's still under contract for a year so i'm not sure what all the speculation is about. It's whether ETH wants him to stay, not if he wants to leave.
Precisely.

And somehow I don't think ETH will want to start his United career on the wrong foot by telling Cristiano Ronaldo to leave.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
All the talk about him leaving is odd. Our only plus point of the season.

They're talking as if he is out of contract or something. He's still Ronaldo and has a decent value. Anybody wanting him would need to make an acceptable offer, this part seems to have been ignored.
You need to remember that he is the GOAT. If he tells the club he is leaving....then he leaves. The club won't stand in his way.
Put simply, we are not good enough for him and we are probably 2-3 years away from being ready to win a trophy of any kind.

I made this point in the ETH thread: a lot of people on this forum are making out that he is the best manager in the World. He has not proved himself at a big club, where the pressure is much higher than at Ajax. The likelihood of his failure at MUFC is far higher than the likelihood of success. It is quite likely that he stays with us for 3 years and doesn't get close to winning a trophy during that time.
ETH will absolutely not tell Ronaldo to leave - ETH simply doesn't have the clout to tell the GOAT that he needs to leave due to footballing reasons. Jose, LVG could've got away with that....but not ETH.
Considering the above, if Ronaldo stays, then he'll do so, knowing that he won't be winning any more trophies. If I were Ronaldo, I'd go to a club so I could win another trophy next year. I would not stand for another season without trophies.

For selfish reasons, I'd rather keep our best outfield player.

the_cliff

Ronaldo's form as of late has changed my mind about him. I now want him to stay on the condition that he plays once a week and is well rested for the big games. The period from November-Feb/March was terrible but you can't expect a 37 year old to play 3x a week,

I think he'll stay, I don't see many options for him. People here mentioning Madrid, they didn't wanna give him a new contract in 2018 why on earth would they do it now ? especially with Benzema in the form of his life.

Status
Not open for further replies.