Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Your having love birds that are perfect and it's cute to read, no matter how crap he plays - he is perfect. Adorable.

Glad I'm not the only one who is seeing his problems, so continue reading it and enjoy it. It won't stop.

Didn't do well at Juventus and is going to do it in the EPL. Yup makes sense.
It’s only Ronaldo and Messi who gets these nutters following them isn’t it? It’s so interesting reading you write about him. I’ve not once commented on how Ronaldo played today, yet you’ve attacked me full on saying I’m in love with him? :lol:
Please, please go outside. Stop separating all your sentences with lines too, you’re clogging the thread with your shite.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
It's below his station for sure, but I think he'd work better as a pinch hitter at this stage. He still has the Ronaldo factor and will score any chance he gets, but aside from that. He's a less visible Roy Makaay.

slored1

I thought we were garbage throughout. We’d a brief spell first 15 minutes of the second half where we nearly looked a team. Anything good came from Greenwood until he tired as he always does.
So when did Cavani go out again? Exactly, after the good 15 minute spell we had...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Looked fecked off. He’s a winner who isn’t winning, it’s not surprising.

DWelbz19

Both him and Cavani were rubbish today. Martial, Sancho and especially Greenwood were a lot better.

My worry based on watching them together is that Greenwood isn't working well with Ronaldo. Seems to be under undue pressure to put crosses in, whereas in the first he was playing his natural game. Could be wrong and just an irrational fear.
It’s like a weird parallel between Greenwood being the Ronaldo as the superstar-in-the-making winger he was back in the 2000s and Ronaldo being the poacher van Nistelrooy. Honestly if I was Greenwood I wouldn’t like playing with Ronaldo at all. Probably how Cristiano didn’t like playing with Ruud

acnumber9

So when did Cavani go out again? Exactly, after the good 15 minute spell we had...
No, I would say it was split between when Cavani was on and after Sancho and Ronaldo came on. We’re arguing semantics though. We were shite for as long as Cavani was on as we were with Ronaldo.

SirAF

Ageist
:lol::lol::lol: Laughable. Look a Juve now without him, and they complained about him too. Some delusion among fans here. Yes - he wasn't great after coming on but he didn't cause Everton scoring.

Stop deflecting from the fact it's our manager.
This.

BerryBerryShrew

Ronaldo almost scored one and set up another in the half hour he was on the pitch. The problem is the same problem as Lukaku has at Chelsea: when they don't ultimately score or assist, they haven't contributed.

Contrast that with Cavani who always contributes regardless of if he has a direct goal involvement or not. His hold up play, movement, work rate and willingness to link play are invaluable and if Ronaldo starts it has to be alongside Cavani rather than instead of him.

Reactions: Dargonk

Ladron de redcafe

This wasn't great, was it? We looked much better with Cavani in there because of his movement.

For all the excuses and deflecting as some clamour to blame everybody in the team and Solskjaer but Ronaldo, the same group of players looked much better when he wasn't on the pitch, which says it all.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Wasn't too involved, but dont think he was terrible either, had a couple of moments with Sancho that was good.

Of course, one should expect more.

Sylar

Wasn't too involved, but dont think he was terrible either, had a couple of moments with Sancho that was good.

Of course, one should expect more.
His linkup with Sancho was good and fun to watch.

The one thing im sad about is that we havent seen crosses put in for him, when we know hes deadly in the air.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Needs to be more involved but if it means Cavani can't play then I am not sure. We actually looked decent when Cavani was playing and had some good moves.

The Hilton

It's below his station for sure, but I think he'd work better as a pinch hitter at this stage. He still has the Ronaldo factor and will score any chance he gets, but aside from that. He's a less visible Roy Makaay.
I don't get what you mean by this. I get its a baseball analogy, but how does that translate to football? Its not like we can stop the game and bring him on just to finish off a chance.

Dec9003

He wasn’t at his best today, but Cavani similarly struggled to get involved for me. I feel like the manager is getting the minimum out of our side sadly, feels like the number nine position at United is becoming a graveyard shift almost.

snk123

Insulting another member
Needs to be more involved but if it means Cavani can't play then I am not sure. We actually looked decent when Cavani was playing and had some good moves.
Thats because Cavani played nearly 60 minutes and Ronaldo played 30 and we were trying to force things in those 30 you dummy.

SAFMUTD

We have him no service, he won't score unless we do.

Looked totally mad at the end of the game, hopefully he'll put pressure and we get a new manager soon.

pratyush_utd

Thats because Cavani played nearly 60 minutes and Ronaldo played 30 and we were trying to force things in those 30 you dummy.
It's like we haven't seen last few matches when he played full 90. Even last match Cavani came on late had more involvement than Ronaldo did this game. And he came on at 55th min .. so he had 35 min...not that he was thrown in at 80th min

Not saying Ronaldo should not play but Cavani is a must. We just look better with him

LoneStar

He shouldn't drop that deep, cause no one takes up his position within the box when he does that. Try to stay as forward as possible.

I wouldn't put the entire blame on things changing when he came on. Of course he won't press as hard as Cavani, surely everyone knows that. Our coaching is abysmal, and we can't seem to create a half decent chance for our strikers.

Dec9003

It's like we haven't seen last few matches when he played full 90. Even last match Cavani came on late had more involvement than Ronaldo did this game. And he came on at 55th min .. so he had 35 min...not that he was thrown in at 80th min

Not saying Ronaldo should not play but Cavani is a must. We just look better with him
Do you think we looked better with Cavani? I felt that other than Martials goal we were frustrated regardless of who ended up upfront. We have serious problems with the way we set up the team regardless of who plays for me.

Dinghy

Not a good fit at all, despite the tap-ins we'll get in return. We'll be leaking goals with him and Pogba on the pitch at the same time, especially against the top sides.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours

Exactly.

This isn't some random performance. This is how we play when he is on the pitch. Today under Cavani we played better and actually scored in the first half :lol:

pratyush_utd

Do you think we looked better with Cavani? I felt that other than Martials goal we were frustrated regardless of who ended up upfront. We have serious problems with the way we set up the team regardless of who plays for me.
I thought we looked good till Cavani substitution. It looked like it's just a matter of time next goal will come. But then after substitution we never looked like scoring. Cavani actually suits us better because we have lots of player who don't press well. Cavani actually works hard off the ball as well. I think Cavani and Ronaldo would do well together

Dec9003

I thought we looked good till Cavani substitution. It looked like it's just a matter of time next goal will come. But then after substitution we never looked like scoring. Cavani actually suits us better because we have lots of player who don't press well. Cavani actually works hard off the ball as well. I think Cavani and Ronaldo would do well together
I agree with wanting to see Cavani and Ronaldo together, we tend to struggle to get players in the box so that would remedy that. I don’t know though, for me Everton looked relatively comfortable besides the goal, and that didn’t really happen because of Cavani anyway

Rajma

It’s like a weird parallel between Greenwood being the Ronaldo as the superstar-in-the-making winger he was back in the 2000s and Ronaldo being the poacher van Nistelrooy. Honestly if I was Greenwood I wouldn’t like playing with Ronaldo at all. Probably how Cristiano didn’t like playing with Ruud
Actually some very good parallels here.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:lol: Yes! It was just reminding me of that!

bakalhau

Not a good fit at all, despite the tap-ins we'll get in return. We'll be leaking goals with him and Pogba on the pitch at the same time, especially against the top sides.
You'll be leaking goals because of a number 9?

Man, you guys *really* are harsh.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Putting aside actual performance, I did like seeing him actually looking angry at not leading, and then showing urgency to try and do something. Real contrast to the rest of the team, who seem to be content with draws half the time. Need that mentality to rub off on the rest of them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
This is so true.

Edit: didn't watch today's game though.

Bebestation

You'll be leaking goals because of a number 9?

Man, you guys *really* are harsh.
A number 9 can give you pressing and work rate. That's one thing.

Then there is hold up play which stops interceptions and possible counters. Aswell as good passing.

I think Cavani is better at this than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo is the GOAT but he was a LW. He was never a complete centralised ST. Cavani is a bit more capable at that because that was his role, even if he may score less goals.

I think it really effects players like Greenwood and Bruno Fernandes aswell.

The United

Then there is hold up play which stops interceptions and possible counters. Aswell as good passing.

Ronaldo is the GOAT but he was a LW. He was never a complete ST. Cavani is a bit more complete at that, even if he may score less goals.

When he came in, he didn't need to do any of it above because we were dominating. The goal did not conceded because he didn't do any of it above. We were doing pretty good actually until that counter.

We conceded much more chance in the first half and we created more chances after he and Sancho came on.

Conceding the goal the way we did is making people go mad.

bakalhau

Ronaldo is the GOAT but he was a LW. He was never a complete ST. Cavani is a bit more complete at that, even if he may score less goals.

There's obvious differences between both. One will press, run, have a higher work rate, the other will score more goals. Both are quality and I want Ole to start both of them in a match soon, so we can try and see if it works out.

My previous reply to you and now the other post above is not like a number 9 that presses can't be an extra help to the team - not arguing that.

It's just interpretation comes from tone and the words you choose and the way we write - and sometimes I get the feeling from some of you this guy has been dragging his teams down for the whole of the last 7 or 8 years.

I don't want Ronaldo as a 9. I don't think he is a classic number 9. I'd rather have Cavani there and Ronaldo drifting from left to right to center and have some fluidity on the front 3 as I think he works better with spaces.

Bebestation

When he came in, he didn't need to do any of it above. We were doing pretty good actually until that counter.

We conceded much more chance in the first half and we created more chances after he and Sancho came on.

Conceding the goal the way we did is making people go mad.
That's fine if you think so.

Whilst Cavani and Martial were on we had control of the match. Everytime Everton counterattacked - all our players literally stood still and snapped the ball out them and would go for another round of attacks.

It was our game for the taking.

It was Ole's fault for making the sub but he did it anyway.

We did it and we became much more open and wide as a team rather than making us feel like the compact team we were playing like and Everton weren't getting past.

Even after the corner more and more Everton attacks and no tackles to stop their attacks half way. Like their offside goal and their attacks down the left side channel.

Devil may care

Linked well with Sancho and they both created a chance for each other, the one Ronaldo created for Sancho was on a silver platter though and should have been the winner.

Gottabekiddingme

There's literal documented history of Ronaldo not getting along with managers who want to play him as a lone 9. He's just not a 9. He doesn't like to the physical work required for it.

I think he will leave at the end of the season, because he's not going to get to play as a Second Striker in a 4-4-2 or a Winger in a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1. That'll mean the end of Rashford and Sancho and we know who's more vital for the future of United.

Jericho

Linked well with Sancho and they both created a chance for each other, the one Ronaldo created for Sancho was on a silver platter though and should have been the winner.
It was a very poor effort from Sancho and he should have done better but it was a very difficult position to score from.

Status
Not open for further replies.