Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Needs to play off someone. Not sure why we didn’t try Cavani and Ronaldo up top till now. Cavani has been back for few games now

acnumber9

They had a horror start to the season and were 19 by matchday 4 when they played Milan, now they are 6th in matchday 9. They are basically flying up the table.
Unbeaten in 9 in all competitions.
They had basically nowhere else to go. Surely it wasn’t Ronaldo’s fault they were shite in games he didn’t play?

bakalhau

I feel really bad for him actually really bad. Such a phenomenal player, such a winner, such an absolute machine of an athlete and then he has to witness this shit show. I reckon he'll want out in January.
Ahahahah I love these posts. Juventuz kept saying this same thing all the time, oh he's fed up, he's leaving next window, etc.

He isn't going anywhere unless he gets forced out. He has nothing to prove to anyone, yet feels he has to prove something here. He wants to win here badly. He doesn't fold that easily.

BlueHaze

Ahahahah I love these posts. Juventuz kept saying this same thing all the time, oh he's fed up, he's leaving next window, etc.

He isn't going anywhere unless he gets forced out. He has nothing to prove to anyone, yet feels he has to prove something here. He wants to win here badly. He doesn't fold that easily.
You are only proving my point. He is a winner. What is he going to win here?

bakalhau

You are only proving my point. He is a winner. What is he going to win here?
I understand the rationale and it makes sense, but he also doesn't fold at first sight as I said - he barely (if ever) gives up. That's also part of the winning mentality. Of course, everyone has their limits, but this is nowhere near it for him. I also believe he actually has an emotional connection to the club (say, in a way he never had with Juve).

Edit: as far as winning something I don't know, at this point I don't know. I actually see potential in the team. I think some players are super quality, in many areas of the field, I just couldn't tell you exactly what would need to change, and don't really want to delve much on that.

BlueHaze

I understand the rationale and it makes sense, but he also doesn't fold at first sight as I said - he barely (if ever) gives up. That's also part of the winning mentality. Of course, everyone has their limits, but this is nowhere near it for him. I also believe he actually has an emotional connection to the club (say, in a way he never had with Juve).

Edit: as far as winning something I don't know, at this point I don't know. I actually see potential in the team. I think some players are super quality, in many areas of the field, I just couldn't tell you exactly what would need to change, and don't really want to delve much on that.
His time is running out quickly, he's 37 very soon and he won't be able to keep up with the pace of this league for much longer no matter how crazy of a phenomenon he is. With the current management there's no shot he'll win anything. Only way is if we brought in a manager who very quickly turned things around drastically which is not realistic either.

The only fact is this current management has let him down horribly. It truly pains me to see what imo is the greatest of all time having to play for such a dysfunctional team. We all hoped he would one day return and when he finally did it ended up in the most shite way you could ever imagine.

GOAT 777

Supports
Portugal, Sporting
Didn't watch the match today, I had a bad vibe about it.

I can imagine what he's thinking right now. He needs a proper manager. This is outrageous already.

A dream team deserves so much more.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
I bet he wishes he should've went to City. He picked the wrong Manchester.

United in sin

I genuinely feel bad for Ronaldo, you can tell this situation hurts him. I've been somewhat indifferent to him in the years since he left united but he doesn't deserve to be stuck in this mess at this point in his sterling career. He had talks with city before united for a reason.

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah Fergie fecked him, by emotionally blackmailing him into coming back. It was an awful decision
Might be a lose-lose move in the end. I still can't believe he came back tbh.

I've got amazing respect for SAF, but maybe the club should stop listening to him. I'm pretty sure he backed Ole being the full time manager and Phelan returning.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Would he mind to be our interim player manager before our appointment of Ten Hag by end of season? At least players looks up to him, and we are an non coached team anyway.

hn4united

Our situation is not Ronaldo’s fault. I bet even Jose would know how to use Ronaldo better than Ole. This job is too big for Ole.

SonyaCross493

For whatever reason we refuse to play the right players to get the best out of Ronaldo i.e Sancho

Rashford and Greenwood didn't put any crosses into the box and they are playing as wingers. Ole refuses to drop his favourites even if it's hurting the team. Greenwood is a liability.. the first goal was on Greenwood and it's hard to come back after that (we was playing well until then too with Bruno missing a decent chance). Conte or Zidane wouldn't pick Greenwood every week I guarantee it, they'd use him as an impact sub.

it is probably best if Ronaldo leaves at the end of the season. He will have more fun playing in the MLS scoring goals and winning trophies to end his career. United don't look close to winning any trophies. Even an FA Cup!

At the minute Ronaldo can't buy a goal in the Premier League hasn't scored since West Ham away.. (the lack of chances we have created for him since the West Han game is the main reason.. strikers rely on service) his solo goal against Liverpool was cruelly chalked off for offside when it looked borderline (VAR doesn't give the advantage to the attackers) and it was probably his best goal since coming back.. cruel! Felt sorry for him as he was the only one who seemed to care and showed some fire by kicking the Liverpool player in the ribs having a few digs when he was on the floor. Was lucky not to be sent off but Atleast he showed some fire. The rest of the players didn't including Maguire who is suppose to be the captain.

Last edited:

Canagel

I bet he wishes he should've went to City. He picked the wrong Manchester.
He is at the right club. No other top club will give undroppable status to a penalty box poacher and his ego is too big to accept a squad role that he would be given at the other top clubs. And together with the fact we are also a nostalgia club that is stuck in its past all the way down to a fanbase that is easily manipulated by their emotions it will be even harder to cut ties with him. It's a disaster combination.

He is basically here because he reminds us of when we were good. It's a unfortunate situation

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
A proper manager drops Or sells Ronaldo. Does not use him as a starting player for a team that started as a title competitive side.

Bebestation

For whatever reason we refuse to play the right players to get the best out of Ronaldo i.e Sancho

Rashford and Greenwood didn't put any crosses into the box and they are playing as wingers.
Ole refuses to drop his favourites even if it's hurting the team. Greenwood is a liability.. the first goal was on Greenwood and it's hard to come back after that (we was playing well until then too with Bruno missing a decent chance). Conte or Zidane wouldn't pick Greenwood every week I guarantee it, they'd use him as an impact sub.

it is probably best if Ronaldo leaves at the end of the season. He will have more fun playing in the MLS scoring goals and winning trophies to end his career. United don't look close to winning any trophies. Even an FA Cup!

At the minute Ronaldo can't buy a goal in the Premier League hasn't scored since West Ham away.. (the lack of chances we have created for him since the West Han game is the main reason.. strikers rely on service) his solo goal against Liverpool was cruelly chalked off for offside when it looked borderline (VAR doesn't give the advantage to the attackers) and it was probably his best goal since coming back.. cruel! Felt sorry for him as he was the only one who seemed to care and showed some fire by kicking the Liverpool player in the ribs having a few digs when he was on the floor. Was lucky not to be sent off but Atleast he showed some fire. The rest of the players didn't including Maguire who is suppose to be the captain.
Thank you.

Thank you so much.

You get it.

You can see why just as much as Ronaldo hasn't got the players right to suit him (why oh why would you build a a team tactics to get the best out of a 36 year old in the box poacher) - that players like Rashford and Greenwood have suddenly lost the central player that used to get the best out of them.

captaincantona

I feel really bad for him actually really bad. Such a phenomenal player, such a winner, such an absolute machine of an athlete and then he has to witness this shit show. I reckon he'll want out in January.
that is fuking ridiculous to say. Are you a Ronaldo fan or a Utd fan?

He is shite at everything but finishing. We are trading the one decent element of our game that we had- counter attacking...for his last minute goals, which we might not need if we played a more mobile front 3 from the start.
He has not even done the basics since he has been back. His hold up play and first touch is fuking shocking. He can finish- that’s it. He needs a team to accommodate him and we can’t. His experience should inform him that he needs to rest his ego and make the most of his final years off the bench because his fuking drama queen finger pointing and shrugging is fuking unbearable on top of everything else. It was excusable a few years back when he could win games on his own...he can’t anymore. This guy is not doing even nearly enough in games to warrant the type of devotion he is getting .

And someone actually posted that “we are not playingthe right players to get the best out of him????” What is it with fanboys? Like in the Pogba threads....when does personal responsibility for your own abject performances kick in? Did Cavani need time and players to get the best out of him? Did Bruno? Maguire? Furthermore, if you coach a team towards playing a certain was for 3 years and then just scrap it to “get the best out of Ronaldo” are you not just starting again? What type of coach does that make you? It’s Ole’s nostalgia and loyalty to players that is fuking him here (as well as being completely out of his depth) Bench Ronaldo and go back to a fluid high energy front 3 in front of Bruno. It’s at least a start.

Ronaldo was wonderful...now he is blatantly limited. we just need to focus on what is best for our club. Him as a starter isn’t.

Bebestation

He is shite at everything but finishing. We are trading the one decent element of our game that we had- counter attacking...for his last minute goals, which we might not need if we played a more mobile front 3 from the start.
He has not even done the basics since he has been back. His hold up play and first touch is fuking shocking. He can finish- that’s it. He needs a team to accommodate him and we can’t. His experience should inform him that he needs to rest his ego and make the most of his final years off the bench because his fuking drama queen finger pointing and shrugging is fuking unbearable on top of everything else. It was excusable a few years back when he could win games on his own...he can’t anymore. This guy is not doing even nearly enough in games to warrant the type of devotion he is getting .

And someone actually posted that “we are not playingthe right players to get the best out of him????” What is it with fanboys? Like in the Pogba threads....when does personal responsibility for your own abject performances kick in? Did Cavani need time and players to get the best out of him? Did Bruno? Maguire? Furthermore, if you coach a team towards playing a certain was for 3 years and then just scrap it to “get the best out of Ronaldo” are you not just starting again? What type of coach does that make you? It’s Ole’s nostalgia and loyalty to players that is fuking him here (as well as being completely out of his depth) Bench Ronaldo and go back to a fluid high energy front 3 in front of Bruno. It’s at least a start.

Ronaldo was wonderful...now he is blatantly limited. we just need to focus on what is best for our club. Him as a starter isn’t.
I think he might have known Ronaldo was the problem when he dropped him for Cavani against Everton.

However, the goal being scored almost instantly as soon as Ronaldo came led to the fans and legends like SAF saying that Ronaldo should always start - because people felt we scored more when he was on when infact it highlighted that we lacked fluidity, passing, ability to hold on to the ball with his back to goal, poor runs, poor pressing when he did come on as our starting central striker - nearly everything except his ability to put the ball at the back of the net is not good enough for a title winning team.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think he might have known Ronaldo was the problem when he dropped him for Cavani against Everton.

However, the goal being scored almost instantly as soon as Ronaldo came led to the fans and legends like SAF saying that Ronaldo should always start - because people felt we scored more when he was on when infact it highlighted that we lacked fluidity, passing, ability to hold on to the ball with his back to goal, poor runs, poor pressing when he did come on as our starting central striker - nearly everything except his ability to put the ball at the back of the net is not good enough for a title winning team.
Ah such enlightenment our solutions are simple.

Last edited:

captaincantona

Why wo

He is not the problem as to why we are shite generally...he is the problem as to why we can no longer play in the one way that ensured us performances against other top teams...compact, high energy and effective countering. So yes, he is the problem in that sense.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

Ronaldo is never good in pressing or hold up play, even during his physical peak, that doesn’t stop him scoring nearly 800 goals and won 30+ trophies throughout his career.

Sure his all round game has been declining due to his age. But let’s get some of the facts right, so far this season, this is how he is currently ranked in our squad:

- top goalscorer
- best ariel threats inside opponents area
- 2nd highest avg rating in CL, 6th highest avg rating in PL
- 2nd most motm won
- highest pass completion rate among all our forward players, hence better at keeping possession up front

So no, he is not shite at everything but finishing.

Last edited:

Bebestation

Again it takes a shit manager to buy a 36 year old poacher and make him you starting striker player where all your tactics have to be changed to get the best out of this one poacher.

If you think he makes sense in the midst of two inverted forwards, when he has played his whole career with a striker partner then I don't see why he is going to be great with players like Greenwood or Rashford.

If you think he would get in to Klopps team at the age of 36 then so be it. Not for me.

I do not think Pep would go for him as a central striker either with his tactics and the only reason he would is because he doesn't have a striker at all. Kane is a dead player now but Ronaldo cannot play like Kane for example.

Just a player that can put the ball in the net and the player he reminds me the most of is a 31.5 year old version Ruud Van Nistlerooy whilst Rashford and Greenwood are diet versions of Ronaldo. Currently the team is trying to get the best out of an ageing Van Nistlerooy and not the diet versions of Ronaldo. That is all.

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
He is not the problem as to why we are shite generally...he is the problem as to why we can no longer play in the one way that ensured us performances against other top teams...compact, high energy and effective countering. So yes, he is the problem in that sense.
That’s a lazy assessment, isn’t it? Our whole team is not playing high energy and effective countering this season, including Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Pogba etc Even McFred contribute nothing in so called compact and effective countering. Not to mention our back 4 which isn’t compact at all, Maguire is slow as feck, Shaw has been playing very poorly, AWB keeping losing possession and position. How convenient to blame it all on Ronaldo.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Completely agree with this. It made sense to build around Ronaldo when he was the best player in the world. He's not anymore.

captaincantona

Ronaldo is never good in pressing or hold up play, even during his physical peak, that doesn’t stop him scoring nearly 800 goals and won 30+ trophies throughout his career.

Sure his all round game has been declining due to his age. But let’s get some of the facts right, so far this season, this is how he is currently ranked in our squad:

- top goalscorer
- best ariel threats inside opponents area
- 2nd highest avg rating in CL, 6th highest avg rating in PL
- 2nd most motm won
- highest pass completion rate among all our forward players, hence better at keeping possession

So no, he is not shite at everything but finishing.
Ah here...I have to bite...you are litterally making up categories to prove your point. That should be enough to tell you you are stretching!!!!

Top goal scorer- as I said, good at finishing

“Best Ariel threat”- ah yes...that is indeed a very important and well recognised footballing accolade. Also falls into the “good at finishing” area.

2nd highest CL rating - on a website. I watched the games, I don’t need a journalist to tell me how he played. Bar the goals, he did nothing of note.

6th highest PL rating - you’re embarrassing yourself now...and Ronaldo.

2nd most motm??????- what is this. The wall of Focker?

highest pass completion/good at keeping possession - he isn’t involved as much as the other forwards. If a guy has only 5 passes a game, it’s likely he will have a better pass completion rate then a guy who plays 50 passes. Furthermore pass completion has fuk all to do with keeping possession when your first touch is gone and get disposed before you get a chance to pass...as he did yesterday.

I like Ronaldo- but I am very honest with myself about what he is.

captaincantona

That’s a lazy assessment, isn’t it? Our whole team is not playing high energy and effective countering this season, including Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Pogba etc Even McFred contribute nothing in so called compact and effective countering. Not to mention our back 4 which isn’t compact at all, Maguire is slow as feck, Shaw has been playing very poorly, AWB keeping losing possession and position. How convenient to blame it all on Ronaldo.
Your whole response is a lazy assessment of what I wrote...Read what I said first...I said against “top sides”...Liverpool are the first one of those we faced. Look at the Liverpool and city and PSG games over the last few seasons when we got results. Yes we were high energy and made them uncomfortable and we countered well.

please read before you jump.

Ixion

Neville pointed out on Sky last night that Sir Alex knew Ronaldo wouldn't press or track back so he surrounded him with the likes of Tevez, Park, Rooney, Fletcher etc who would run non-stop all day for you. Now he's 36 and is surrounded by Greenwood, Rashford, Pogba, Sancho etc who don't put in the same kind of shift as those previous players. The stupid thing is though that current lot are all young and fit enough to do it but it isn't instilled in them so we end up with a lazy front 4 exposing McFred (who themselves aren't exactly world class DMs).

Strelok

Pretty spot on I think. I also find his drama queen reaction fecking unbearable especially when I'm reading posts say "Ronaldo won't tolerate this, Ronaldo won't tolerate that, he doesn't come here to run, blah blah" like this is the Ronaldo FC not United FC anymore.

We're having the same issue with Juventus last two seasons. Ronaldo may score a goal here and there but it's not enough for the problems he created.

Anyway, we're stuck with him for the time being. Let's hope the next manager would be able to handle this. If not, we're fecked.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Ah here...I have to bite...you are litterally making up categories to prove your point. That should be enough to tell you you are stretching!!!!

Top goal scorer- as I said, good at finishing

“Best Ariel threat”- ah yes...that is indeed a very important and well recognised footballing accolade. Also falls into the “good at finishing” area.

2nd highest CL rating - on a website. I watched the games, I don’t need a journalist to tell me how he played. Bar the goals, he did nothing of note.

6th highest PL rating - you’re embarrassing yourself now...and Ronaldo.

2nd most motm??????- what is this. The wall of Focker?

highest pass completion/good at keeping possession - he isn’t involved as much as the other forwards. If a guy has only 5 passes a game, it’s likely he will have a better pass completion rate then a guy who plays 50 passes. Furthermore pass completion has fuk all to do with keeping possession when your first touch is gone and get disposed before you get a chance to pass...as he did yesterday.

I like Ronaldo- but I am very honest with myself about what he is.
The problem with you, is that your are letting your own bias cloud everything. I am not arguing whether Ronaldo is the best or have good performance overall this season. But apparently he isn’t shite at everything except finishing, as you’ve outrageous claimed here. He is PL player of the month, at the very least. PL isn’t shite league, it’s best fecking league in the world.

Ariel threat - no only related to finishing, but also include ariel duels won, hence winning possession.

2nd highest avg rating in CL / 6th in PL for our team - it’s all from whoscored website, so it’s far more objective than your own rating. Also, this aligns with Redcafe players avg rating

motm - from whoscored website

highest pass completion - do you really think our other forwards like Greenwood or Rashford has higher pass % than him though? At least Ronaldo has been making pass and cross in final third from time to time, trying to pass the ball around to set up others near the box, better than Rashford or Greenwood ever did this season. Just that he is not in elite level, doesn’t make him shite.

Last edited:

captaincantona

The problem with you, is that your are letting your own bias cloud everything. I am not arguing whether Ronaldo is the best or have good performance overall this season. But apparently he isn’t shite at everything except finishing, as you’ve outrageous claimed here. He is PL player of the month, at the very least. PL isn’t shite league, it’s best fecking league in the world.

Ariel threat - no only related to finishing, but also include ariel duels won, hence winning possession.

2nd highest avg rating in CL / 6th in PL for our team - it’s all from whoscored website, so it’s far more objective than your own rating. Also, this aligns with Redcafe players avg rating

motm - from whoscored website

highest pass completion - do you really think our other forwards like Greenwood or Rashford has higher pass % than him though? At least Ronaldo has been making pass and cross in final third from time to time, trying to pass the ball around to set up others near the box, better than Rashford or Greenwood ever did this season. Just that he is not in elite level, doesn’t make him shite.
No worries mate...we can disagree I guess.
Just read the Juventus forums for what they felt like when he was playing...same story for 3 years...did nothing but score goals...and the fans, and some of the players felt that the goals they were getting from him was at the cost of the team developing. That seems to be exactly what we have on our hands now. Anyway.

LoneStar

Tempted to put in a bet for him leaving in the summer? I mean, there won't be a lot of takers right? Who would realistically buy him? Maybe he would go to the MLS. Or PSG if they sell Mbappe and want the status of having both Messi and Ronaldo in the same team.

Is it really shocking that Ronaldo doesnt press though? Surely Ole and the management knew what we were getting with this current version of him? An elite goalscorer who needs chances created and someone to cover for his pressing.

DVB, Sancho and now Ronaldo, it seems like we are signing big names with no clue on how to play them.

Paul_Scholes18

We are worse with him. Need to drop him and play Rashford, Cavani or Greenwood up top and play on the counter.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Tempted to put in a bet for him leaving in the summer? I mean, there won't be a lot of takers right? Who would realistically buy him? Maybe he would go to the MLS. Or PSG if they sell Mbappe and want the status of having both Messi and Ronaldo in the same team.

Is it really shocking that Ronaldo doesnt press though? Surely Ole and the management knew what we were getting with this current version of him? An elite goalscorer who needs chances created and someone to cover for his pressing.

DVB, Sancho and now Ronaldo, it seems like we are signing big names with no clue on how to play them.
He was a panic buy so as not to lose him to City. No thought was seemingly put into it, like a lot of our transfers.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
No worries mate...we can disagree I guess.
Just read the Juventus forums for what they felt like when he was playing...same story for 3 years...did nothing but score goals...and the fans, and some of the players felt that the goals they were getting from him was at the cost of the team developing. That seems to be exactly what we have on our hands now. Anyway.
That’s not true at all. I have watched his Juventus game in past 3 seasons, every games in every week, he has been mostly their best attacking player throughout. I have many stats and footages to prove this, not only goals, but his other stats, such as dribbling - sure he is no longer in elite level, but he is still among the best in his team. For Juventus, their biggest problems is their last season, when Pirlo becomes their manager, and also their aging squad and poor midfield.

LoneStar

He was a panic buy so as not to lose him to City. No thought was seemingly put into it, like a lot of our transfers.
Maguire, Fred, Sanchez and now Ronaldo. So we just buy players who are linked to City? It sounds funny, but seriously sad if true.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Couldn’t care less if Ronaldo tolerates it. He is part of all this.
He is welcome to give up his contract and join another club if another top club wants him so much.
He will be an issue for the new manager if he isn’t allowed to bench him regularly.

Status
Not open for further replies.