5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

el3mel

That goal was fecking fantastic. A finish I would expect from someone with the quality of Ronaldo. Not easy at all and he showed his class.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
He's not the problem in my view, what a player till this day.

AFC NimbleThumb

Was never the issue. Rather telling how a media narrative can be peddled & gets picked up.

Has never pressed, has always scored goals.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
He is an absolute legend of the game and it’s great to have him back. An example for every single player in the squad.

Almost 37 years old

marktan

As at Juve, looks much better out wide. Yet more competition for the LW spot :drool:

RedDevilRoshi

The GOAT

One question though - did he pick up a knock towards the end hence his substitution? Was nowhere to be seen at FT?

Dan_F

Some of our fan base is utterly spoilt. I can’t believe large chunks of (the online) fan base are calling for him to be dropped.

Ludens the Red

Was never the issue. Rather telling how a media narrative can be peddled & gets picked up.

Has never pressed, has always scored goals.
Ridiculous wasn’t it. I resisted biting when reading it on here and just waited for the inevitable - Ronaldo winning a game of football. Only took three days..

OmarUnited4ever

I said it in other threads, Ronaldo is not the problem, it is a fundamental issue with the tactics.

that finish though :drool:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Somebody needs to check on @Bebestation and @captaincantona.
Told you guys before the way to sort it out was to play it in a strikers partnership because he is not a lone striker.

He has always played in a striker partnership and had one at United, Madrid and Juventus.

Making him lonely had its problems.

The fact he has a partner means the partner can press and position themselves instead of Ronaldo who would have to do it by himself as a lone striker if we played him in a 4231. Ole managed him right today.

I'm not 100% sure about this because I didn't watch Juventus but I think the big difference is that Juventus played a 352 with Ronaldo and Dybala.

This was again showed in the video I posted showing that playing a 2 man striker partnership would stop the pressing problem United currently have.
This is why Bruno tries to get forward or Greenwood tries to get forward. Currently no pressing Ronaldo as our main and lead striker means our opponent CB'S can shift position and pick pockets of space to open up and pass as soon as it does. Its very easy. A 2 man strike partnership sits with each CB and stops that happening. Also 3 at the back is going to help defensively.
Good to see him in a striking partnership finally.

Will stop alot of the pressing and positioning problems.

Hope it works.

See, this is what I was telling you from before - we need to play 2 strikers if we are playing Ronaldo.

We played better Pressing as a team completely overall rather than when we played 4231 didn't we?

It's because now when we do it - we don't get opened up by one man staying still and one man going forward.

Finally some tactics that worked and also linked with what I said :drool:

AFC NimbleThumb

Ridiculous wasn’t it. I resisted biting when reading it on here and just waited for the inevitable - Ronaldo winning a game of football. Only took three days..
We’ve been patchy for 20+ games, well into last season but yes it was Ronaldo who lost us games he didnt play in &/or wasn’t at the club for. Having a world class finisher is never the issue.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Think the Spurs player touched the ball just before Ronaldo made contact, which makes the strike even more impressive.

Bebestation

This setup suits him greatly. Means we can't get Sancho in the side, and prob rarely greenwood. But this is the best way to use the players we have.
I'd say just rotate it - Ronaldo Cavani Bruno with:

Rashford- Greenwood- Sancho

Or even

Rashford- Greenwood
Sancho
I've always had a thing for seeing Sancho centrally for some reason.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Probably his best performance in the PL for us since his return. VAR/offside has denied him 2 cracking goals, which is a shame.

As for the fans, asking for his head. Nothing surprises me, ever since Gary Neville opened up his gob about us being "easy to play through" since "Ronaldo doesn't press" and "Kane would've made us PL contenders". More idiots have been latching onto this narrative. Same with few nutters calling for Brunos' axing. Our best players aren't a problem.

Ronaldo is almost 37 and he has a lot mileage in his body, so we have to smart when it comes to utilizing him. Asking him to press like a mad dog won't make us better. He is still leading the chart when it comes to offensive sprints, we have to be more prudent at identifying those. He is still lethal in front of the goal, so the team should be setup for him to score. Like, it was during Fergie's final season with van Persie.

Deery

Dreary
Told you guys before the way to sort it out was to play it in a strikers partnership because he is not a lone striker.

He has always played in a striker partnership and had one at United, Madrid and Juventus.

Making him lonely had its problems.

The fact he has a partner means the partner can press and position themselves instead of Ronaldo who would have to do it by himself as a lone striker if we played him in a 4231. Ole managed him right today.

See, this is what I was telling you from before - we need to play 2 strikers if we are playing Ronaldo.

We played better Pressing as a team completely overall rather than when we played 4231 didn't we?

It's because now when we do it - we don't get opened up by one man staying still and one man going forward.

Finally some tactics that worked and also linked with what I said :drool:
You said that much something was bound to stick, I mostly remember he was the fault for the team leaking goals and shouldn’t start matches…

But we’ll forget about it now and celebrate :)

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He took that goal so well. Not once he took his eye off the ball, such a clean finish.

Also great assist. The first move to bring the ball inside made it easy for him

IhabX7

Both of his disallowed goals in the last two games have been exquisite finishes as well.

Bebestation

You said that much something was bound to stick, I mostly remember he was the fault for the team leaking goals and shouldn’t start matches…

But we’ll forget about it now and celebrate :)
When he is the only striker there is two CB'S playing pool with the football between him.

When we play two strikers both CB'S can do shit all as they each have a striker accommodating them so they have to rush their decisions!

Anyway.

Great goal from the GOAT.

MrEleson

Obviously he’s going to be better when he’s not being played as a solitary #9 in a 4-2-3-1. It’s absolutely criminal how he’s been used before this game but yet he still managed to have an impact. Shows just how good he is..

432JuanMata

If it’s true that he is the one that didn’t turn on Ole and got the players together to perform shows his winning mentality. I’d say he doesn’t think Ole is good enough but still wants to win every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.