Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Hard to describe him isn't it. He's 36 and doing that, two ridiculous finishes. Who cares if we have to make a few sacrifices to accommodate him, when you have head and shoulders the best striker in the league, you build around his strengths and weaknesses.
This 100%

The United

He is/was a problem. It was always primarily a system failure, but Ronaldo amplified that.
Tbf, when the team is losing and looking lost, everyone is and seems a problem.

There is no such player who are perfect fit for any team or any formation. Even the guy at PSG is an example of that so far.

Hopefully the team finds solutions for good results, not just for him or anyone.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Rashford can play the Cavani role. His is faster, stronger and would be willing to open up more space. I reckon he'll have better chemistry too.

Him and Greenwood have non-existent understanding, so that's not happening but him and Rashford can strike up a good partnership.
Ok, if Rashford could do that then it would be worth trying him in CF role along with Ronaldo in order to have good balance in the forward line and rotate whenever is possible.

Sviken

What's astonishing is that he scores these goals without any service besides the amazing passes from Bruno. If we could turn him into our main outlet, we can definitely win some big trophies with him. People like to harp about his age, but he's unreal even at this age. His speed is still there and his goalscoring instincts are still out of this world. You just have to use him in the right way. Ronaldo actually showed at Juve that not only is he a massive goalscorer, but he is a decent playmaker as well. You need to get him involved in the game, not play him like a poacher, especially when you play him as a poacher while providing zero service to him.

Foxbatt

Rashford doesn't do the work Cavani does and he is useless in the air.

Jacob

It is genuinely amazing to me that there’s a not unsizable movement trying to pin all our issues on him…I understand the logic of it fine, but it just doesn’t remotely scan.

For one it relies on us rather brazenly pretending we were some kind of well oiled fluid machine last season, who didn’t also ship a shit load of chances and get an unusually high number of penalties…which I guess means all our regular and much celebrated comebacks were just deliberate attempts to make the games more exciting, or something?

I know Messi comparisons are tedious as feck and basically the Godwin’s Law of football chat, but Lionel hasn’t scored or assisted a single goal in Ligue 1 and I haven’t seen a fraction of the think peices dedicated to pondering whether hes become a major problem for PSG.. whereas near every single positive memorable moment as a Manchester United fan this season beyond matchday 2 has been directly due to Cristiano Ronaldo… and yet apparently he’s completely fecked us because an unreliable stat metric says he doesn’t press enough? - (itself a team tactic we’ve only used once, completely out of the blue, to disastrous effect!)

I’m not saying he doesn’t present us with some issues, but come on, behave lads… This isn’t Ruud in 2005 - who by that point wasn’t exactly winning us games on his own, and even if he had been, it wasn’t rendering us a complete shambles all over the park.

If we can sort our shit out, he’ll get 30 goals lying on his back.
Hear here

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
@Ali Dia @Pogue Mahone I hope it's clear the singling out of Ronaldo as some sort of tactic handicap is over now.
He was good today with Cavani and Bruno getting in around him and pressing. We needed that while keeping it tight at the back. We were always a threat on the counter today. It Can’t just be a case of hit it up to Ronaldo and see what he does or let Greenwood take multiple pot shots, there needs to be more to it than that.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Rashford can play the Cavani role. His is faster, stronger and would be willing to open up more space. I reckon he'll have better chemistry too.

Him and Greenwood have non-existent understanding, so that's not happening but him and Rashford can strike up a good partnership.
Alternate ronaldo and rashford, with cavani and Greenwood? Mason seemed to lo e playing with cavani last season, lovely issue to have :drool:

sancho1983

If Ronaldo is the problem as some "expert" pundits were claiming then we must have some side

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Reminded me of Giggs' volley against Fulham in 2007 or 2008. Except Ronaldo didn't shin it.
Think Rooney’s second here is a bit closer, but not struck as sweetly:

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Barney Ronay in fine form describing the goal.

The pass from Fernandes was a delicious thing, nudged and floated and back spun just enough to tease Ben Davies into dithering and then pedalling back, never at any stage reading its arc.

In that moment you got a glimpse of basic human difference. Those yellow boots were already snapping at the turf, the Ronaldo brain crunching the numbers on drop and drift and flight. As the pass fell Ronaldo was already springing off his left foot, body angled, taking the ball flush as it appeared late in his vision and spanking it – so delicate, so severe – back across and into the far corner.

It was a stunning moment of craft and third-eye vision, the kind of intervention that draws gasps and gurgles, and a sense in that little flicker of what it must be like to see the game with the benefit of that two- second delay button, to find those streams intersecting with such beautiful precision.

Devil81

The goal.... insane finish

The disallowed goal, incredible finish.

What a player, just so good at finishing.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Thought he was great today. Goal aside (which was superb) he was great off the ball, too. Nice assist to Cavani and generally drifted about and looked busy. I really do like him upfront with another striker, especially with one that presses impressively as Cavani does.

Eddy_JukeZ

So, he's not the problem after all?

He's still incredible.

That disallowed goal was a stunning finish too.

EtH

So, he's not the problem after all?

He's still incredible.

That disallowed goal was a stunning finish too.
As long as we leave our three most promising young players on the bench he is mint.

But yeah that finish was ridiculous. And the disallowed one was shot out of a fecking cannon. Lloris didn’t even move.

bakalhau

Barney Ronay in fine form describing the goal.
If I decided to nerd out to everyone here this is exactly what I would've been raving about the whole paragraph.

Watching this fella each and every week for years has been more than worth it, I'm not watching him for the incredibly entertaining football he used to play, I just watch to be in awe of the finer details, the things no one seems notice.

Someone in the match thread said the strike was impressive considering he couldn't know whether the defender could intercept the ball or not. I replied saying Ronaldo already knew.

He has a PhD in football physics. When you watch him score, every time, watch closely. Pay attention. It's a thing of beauty.

I've never seen anyone like him.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I loved some of the movements away from centre back’s. This one time he just pulled away from the player, just for a split second; feckING BANG — how typical is that?

Red00012

The media were right to say drop him

wonder what they’ll spin on it tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.