5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Atalanta is fifth in Serie A and in no way comparable or remotely close to being as good as Manchester City. Ronaldo won't score against City or Liverpool unless something drastic changes in our play or with a new manager.
Our current play is absolute incoherent garbage.

You're telling me our advanced forward is not going to score until we stop playing like a team that leaks 5 goals against Liverpool?

Amazing insight. I wonder which striker would.

tentan

Poor man's poster.
He just be sat in the dressing room looking around and thinking from playing with the likes of Keane, Scholes, Modric, Kroos to Fred, Mctominay and Pogba. And being managed by Ferguson, Mourinho and Ancelotti to Ole. Embarrassing.

He joined the wrong Manchester.

Sviken

I highly doubt Pep was gutted because he didn't get Ronaldo, he would have needed to change everything he has built at City just for him, i'm not convinced he really liked the idea.
Ronaldo was on the market at least 2 weeks before he joined United, if City REALLY wanted him it would have been locked far before United decided to make the move. He wasn't expensive for City, he was just a Kane alternative.
Bunch of nonsense. Ronaldo was very shortly on the market, when Juventus drew Udinese, while City were still trying to negotiate a deal with Kane. When that deal fell through they went for Ronaldo. That's when the Glazers swooped in, fearing that they'll be in big trouble if they allow Ronaldo to join City. Fans would have been furious and might have started another series of protests against them which is the last thing they want at the moment. Thankfully for us, Ronaldo chose us. Even Pep inadvertently said that.

As for how gutted Pep is, think of it this way - with Ronaldo they would probably have won all of their matches. They haven't had a single match this season where they looked as the inferior team, but crappy finishing like yesterday game fails them. If they had a proper striker, they would have won that game 5-0, no questions asked. Yet they didn't and the result obviously doesn't tell the whole story. I said it in another thread - City isn't even gonna win the league this season precisely because they do not have Ronaldo. If Ronaldo was in their team, they'd be cruising games right now and he'd probably have 20 or more goals.

How can people blame Ronaldo when he barely even receives the ball? Yesterday I lost count how many times he had to drop in midfield to get even a sniff of it. I don't care if you ingrain prime Maradona, Messi and Ronaldo all into one, they'll still be useless in this team and under this coach because football isn't played by one person, no matter how good he is. We should be damn thankful the guy has the ability to score from the tiniest of scraps for service otherwise we'd be in big trouble.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
By his age, he only can score last minute goal against lesser team, this is fact. He used to be goat but no more. Man united shouldn't put too much high hope on him and think he will bring united a title. Dream on.

Mickson

Our current play is absolute incoherent garbage.

You're telling me our advanced forward is not going to score until we stop playing like a team that leaks 5 goals against Liverpool?

Amazing insight. I wonder which striker would.
No need to be cocky. I can see Rashford scoring despite us being shite, which he has done in the past.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Stopped posting in here cause my opinions were seen as an agenda. I’m not Ronaldo’s biggest fan...love him for what he is...but I would have preferred if we had gotten a less sentimental and nostalgic manager in sooner who recognised what was being built towards.

Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho, Martial, Amad, Bruno, Shoretire, Hannibal, Elanga, VDB...clever, technical, young, eager, fluid, energetic...could be sculpted into the same type of attacking threat carried by any of the top clubs in Europe by the right coach. The quality is undoubtedly there. Ronaldo changes the course of that development. It means no matter which manager comes in, some of these guys (Amad, Shoretire, Sancho) will struggle you get a look in in their own positions due to the formation required to accommodate Ronaldo. The others will be shoehorned into a formation that brings the best out of Ronny. I just think the teams ceiling is higher long term without Ronaldo...and sacrificing the overall development of a high energy and fluid attacking unit which I believe those players could become in a few years is not worth spending the next two seasons watching Ronaldo dragging us to victory over semi decent teams.

Not blaming him for today or any other result for that matter. Happy for his unbelievable contribution goals wise so far. Just don’t think he should be the focal point of the team. GOAT or not.
Again, I think people seem to think that we are trying to push C Ronaldo in to a worthless bush whilst trying to protect Ole as a manager or something - which is far far from the truth.

The fact is our season 2020/21 was looking much closer to a team even if we relied on personal brilliance.

Players like Rashford, Greenwood, Amad, Daniel James, Martial, Sancho, Bruno Fernandes etc all can play at the same speed and level. The only player that arguably plays a different type of football in our front line is Cavani & what does he do? The guy is everywhere, presses and the football is not built to get the best out of Cavani.

I've asked this from many fans - the football that is needed for Ronaldo to score goals; can Greenwood or Rashford score from that or even provide that?

Look at 90% of Ronaldo's goals this season - from crosses, volleys or just pure scruffiness of the ball bouncing around before he unleashes a fantastic hit

Now look at Greenwood and how he played before this season - 90% of his goals are instead on the floor, the balls are literally rolling on the floor to him.

That's gone and dissappeared right now from the club because nearly everything is a big cross or bouncing up and down in the penalty box for Ronaldo to be the main scorer.

The thing is before this season we had Bruno, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Potentially James, Sancho, Amad and other youngsters able to play to some cohesive level even if Ole was average at doing that - who were the players that stuck out as different? Maybe Cavani, Pogba and Wan Bissaka (again our forwards back then didn't need crosses to the level we do this season but hey ho) - but now the problem is not that we have added C Ronaldo to the team because its great, it's that we have added C Ronaldo and made him our main man around players like Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood.

What happens when Rashford, Sancho and Greenwood gets put on the bench to line up Ronaldo with the only striker he can play with in our whole squad in Cavani? Some of the fans start complaining why we spent 80 million on Sancho when it wasn't Sancho who was the unplanned transfer it was C Ronaldo. What happens when we play C Ronaldo and Rashford together or C Ronaldo or Greenwood - they can look crap because there is no cohesion between the two.

This is why I agree with this video: which says that we look like like a Galactico team under Ole this season more than ever because we do. It's big names and less cohesion than ever before.

Righteous Steps

The difference between aguero and Jesus pales when compared to ronaldo. Its like dumping your accelerating bmw for a reliable Toyota.

Ronaldo is a Bugatti Veyron. Pep knew this which is why he was into him. You don't opt for a pressing striker when you have Ronaldo.
If you’re talking about current Ronaldo, he is not much better than the Aguero Guardiola was benching, not at all.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
He should ask to leave in January. He’s wasting the last good years of his phenomenal career at a meme club that didn’t even want or need him until its neighbours showed interest.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
He should ask to leave in January. He’s wasting the last good years of his phenomenal career at a meme club that didn’t even want or need him until its neighbours showed interest.
Not for me Clive. He's a good player but past his prime and shouldn't be venerated in the way we are currently doing so. We'd be in a far better place if we accepted he's a 36-year old version of Ronaldo who can play an effective role in the squad but shouldn't be playing 90 minutes every game, especially both midweek and in the league, as we've already learned with Cavani.

It's up to Ole to work out a system where he plays a big enough role to make a difference and then sub him out (or in) and change the system if it's not working. Right now he's just staying on for 90 mins regardless of his performance, or how well the tactics are working for him, simply because he has it in him to score a 91st minute equaliser when we've decided to go hell for leather.

No other big team would be using him this way. People have already alluded to how Aguero was being benched regularly last season.

The fact we have a king's ransom of attackers and still persist with Ronaldo as the default choice is another - as if we need one - example of Ole's poor game management.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
By his age, he only can score last minute goal against lesser team, this is fact. He used to be goat but no more. Man united shouldn't put too much high hope on him and think he will bring united a title. Dream on.
Don't think so. All he needs is a good chance. We were utterly dominated by Liverpool and City is there is nothing he can do about that.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
That's where people like you underrate how good he is. Current aguero would have maybe a goal in this United team so far
If he wasn't over rated at EPL, he already got 2 red card, 1 vs Jones against LFC and 1 vs KDB against Man City.

diawl_coch

That's where people like you underrate how good he is. Current aguero would have maybe a goal in this United team so far
Why would we want Aguero.
Ronaldo is Sanchez all over again, just with a little more effect.
Stunting the development of the young players, upsetting their young spirit, upsetting the "big" names (Pogba, Fernandes).
I reiterate again - I wish he'd never come back.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Imagine Ronnie's final season with sold out stadiums ... in the conference league :drool:

:(

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
There is nothing wrong with Ronaldo, he's prime and pristine. Far from his best but "IF" utilized under a proper manager he could still contribute.

He contributed what? 10 goals in a totally dysfunctional United relying on scraps, imagine what he could do with a proper Sancho / Bruno behind him.

It's all on Ole too dumb to even create a basic framework for him to work, and bollocks about him not pressing causing the whole team to crumble. He never press anywhere else and it's not a problem anywhere else. Only at United he's being made scapegoat, pathetic.

Foxbatt

Don't think so. All he needs is a good chance. We were utterly dominated by Liverpool and City is there is nothing he can do about that.
he nearly pulled a goal back against City. It took a very good save and Mason slipping in not scoring that chance.

SonyaCross493

Ronny should be the captain of the club leading by example on and off the pitch but Ole won't change it. Let's hope a new manager does because Maguire is no captain and it's hindering his own performance. And Ronny is already an international captain for over 10 years so can handle the pressure and is a winner unlike Maguire. Just seems common sense to me..

people will say you don't need the captains armband to be a leader.. well you have more privileges and influence to change things wearing the captains armband.. like you can go and speak to the manager 1-on-1 as the club captain on behalf of the lads, speaking up before and after the game in the dressing room, giving speeches and having an influence on the way the team plays tactically etc

plus he's a symbol for the young lads to look upto (joined Manchester United at 18 years old as just another young player with potential) as a serial winner and one if not the greatest ever player to lace up a pair of boots. His words would have a great impact for generations to come..

Last edited:

Bebestation

Ronny should be the captain of the club leading by example on and off the pitch but Ole won't change it. Let's hope a new manager does because Maguire is no captain and it's hindering his own performance. And Ronny is already an international captain for over 10 years so can handle the pressure and is a winner unlike Maguire. Just seems common sense to me..

people will say you don't need the captains armband to be a leader.. well you have more privileges and influence to change things wearing the captains armband.. like you can go and speak to the manager 1-on-1 as the club captain on behalf of the lads, speaking up before and after the game in the dressing room, giving speeches and having an influence on the way the team plays tactically etc

plus he's a symbol for the young lads to look upto (joined Manchester United at 18 years old as just another young player with potential) as a serial winner and one if not the greatest ever player to lace up a pair of boots. His words would have a great impact for generations to come..
I'm sure he has scored more than 4 goals in the Premier League isn't it?

Surely he has and that's some wrong number- I remember him scoring 2 in one match I think.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
Stunting the development of the young players, upsetting their young spirit, upsetting the "big" names (Pogba, Fernandes).
Again, he is the boss buy, not Ole buy. Ole has to sacrifice his tactic (which is finished 2nd last season) to play Ronaldo, It is a definitely a panic buy.

Yes he score 10-11 goals, but in order to score those goals, Man united have to sacrifice most of the young players on field time and their scoring chances. He scored but in the same time he created more problems to the team.

Above post mentioned making him a caption make me laugh! He couldn't even control himself during the match, how possible he control the whole team?

His showing frustration on/off the field wasn't show any respect to the team or manager, luckily escaped 2 red cards vs LFC and Man City, it wasn't good for the dressing room and to the public. He think he is bigger than Ole and club, no way.

Fan keep defending him, keep mentioning he is saving the club, but come more, this club has no problem of scoring, they finished 2nd last season with their young players.

I can only said that, bringing in Ronaldo will shorten Manager life at Man united.

SonyaCross493

Let's hope he helps Portugal qualify for the World Cup as it will probably be his last international tournament..

Bebestation

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...e-defensive-problems-cristiano-ronaldo-brings

Great article about the defensive problems Ronaldo brings.

Not for the light hearted, please don't read it if it will hurt you just to take it out on me.

Pictures, Stats, Videos and interviews, everything. Proof.

INTRO:
" United finished last season second in the Premier League in goals scored, but sixth in shots, fifth in non-penalty xG, and a whopping ninth in xG per shot. They did have the third highest npG-xG, which means that only two teams (Manchester City and Tottenham) outperformed their xG more than United did, a testament to their finishing ability.

Those numbers don’t suggest that United’s problem was ‘lack of ruthless finishers.’ Quite the contrary, it tells you the problem was more being able to create shots, and good ones at that.

Cristiano Ronaldo does not solve that problem. If you create the chances, he is (probably) the best in the world at putting them in the net, but those chances still need to be created. So what does Ronaldo do when he’s not finishing chances? These days the answer is, not much else, and it wasn’t hard to see that this was going to cause problems."

Last edited:

Son

Ridiculous statement. He’s been our best player with De Gea by a country mile thus far. Having a player like Ronaldo around for the youngsters to learn from is incredible. He’s still very much world class as is Cavani on his day too.

Greenwood is barely 20 and people want him to be leading the line for United. Stupidity

If he played for City you would think what a player how did we miss out. Plus he’s saved our skin in the CL already so paid back his fee in vital contributions. Who else we gonna rely on? Out of form Greenwood? An unfit Rashford? Ronaldo has carried our attack.

Son

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebus...e-defensive-problems-cristiano-ronaldo-brings

Great article about the defensive problems Ronaldo brings.

Not for the light hearted, please don't read it if it will hurt you just to take it out on me.

Pictures, Stats, Videos and interviews, everything. Proof.

INTRO:
" United finished last season second in the Premier League in goals scored, but sixth in shots, fifth in non-penalty xG, and a whopping ninth in xG per shot. They did have the third highest npG-xG, which means that only two teams (Manchester City and Tottenham) outperformed their xG more than United did, a testament to their finishing ability.

Those numbers don’t suggest that United’s problem was ‘lack of ruthless finishers.’ Quite the contrary, it tells you the problem was more being able to create shots, and good ones at that.

Cristiano Ronaldo does not solve that problem. If you create the chances, he is (probably) the best in the world at putting them in the net, but those chances still need to be created. So what does Ronaldo do when he’s not finishing chances? These days the answer is, not much else, and it wasn’t hard to see that this was going to cause problems."
More on our midfield and wingbacks not helping him out then. Also our manager not playing Sancho and players like Greenwood been very greedy in certain games.

You cannot create chances if players are being selfish. Ronaldo even set up a goal against Tottenham himself for Cavani.

Ronaldo can be shifted out to the left in attack also plus Cavani won’t be playing much either way so we would have never had a striker capable of pressing.

The pressing stuff is actually overblown. Real won 3 CL titles not pressing too much it’s just en-vogue right now. The problem isn’t Ronaldo when you have no defence at the back or midfield in the middle. What’s he supposed to do about that.

Last edited:

Son

The same people criticising Ronnie would be saying similar about Lewandoswki calling him too slow in the Prem etc.

Could swap Lewa for Ronaldo like for like at Bayern and wouldn’t make much difference that is how good Ronaldo still is if you just give the guy the ball in the right areas.

City with either would be walking the league period.

Bebestation

More on our midfield and wingbacks not helping him out then. Also our manager not playing Sancho and players like Greenwood been very greedy in certain games.

You cannot create chances if players are being selfish. Ronaldo even set up a goal against Tottenham himself for Cavani.

Ronaldo can be shifted out to the left in attack also plus Cavani won’t be playing much either way so we would have never had a striker capable of pressing.

The pressing stuff is actually overblown. Real won 3 CL titles not pressing too much it’s just en-vogue right now. The problem isn’t Ronaldo when you have no defence at the back or midfield in the middle. What’s he supposed to do about that.
And again Real Madrid didn't win CL'S when Ronaldo was their central striker - they had Benzema doing the work that's required from a central player whilst a LW can have much more freedom because ultimately when a LW doesn't do anything the player that's free is the opposition RB.

A ST not pressing is not even the problem, its not even being in the right position means the opposition CB'S gets all the time in the world to pick the passes and the midfield gets to move in to easier positions by just walking off Ronaldo as seen by Tielemans section of that article that I posted. The photos are shocking.

I think it was against Atalanta that people noticed how heavy towards the LW Rashford can be even when asked to be a striker - funnily enough this is quite similarly the problem that happens when Ronaldo plays upfront by himself as proven by heatmaps.

Wayne Rooney, Benzema, Dybala - all players that played centrally alongside Ronaldo and did the work for Ronaldo because not doing it suicidal.

Great article I also read about how Wayne Rooney and Benzema went up a gear after Ronaldo left their clubs because they would have to do less work for them and could play more of their game- as seen with Benzema being an almost Balon D'or worthy player to some.

Ultimately its Ole's fault. However fans are saying hey let's play

Rashford- Ronaldo - Sancho
Like we haven't played that or alternative to it in the 4231. RONALDO needs a striker partner when even in his prime of his history he needed a striker doing the dirty work for him and then when we do that Ole gets pointed at saying - hey Ole wtf why did you spend 75 million on Sancho on the bench, why is Rashford and Greenwood on the bench when Cavani played upfront with Ronaldo; and then still people say Ronaldo is not a tactical problem because he was the player who was unplanned and just came up and signed. :drool:

Anyway, the article showed everything I wanted to show, so if you disagree I guess disagree with the article because people won't change their mind on Ronaldo and neither would I just because he scores goals (we didn't lack goals last season, we complained about our ability to create chances) - why we are worse than last season and the only difference to last season is well.. Sancho who is on the bench. Ouf. No.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
My main thoughts on Ronaldo so far:

- He clearly wasn't in the transfer plans until the last minute when it appeared he was off to City
- I was (and still am) buzzing that he's back - the Newcastle brace and winners at home in CL have been some of the best moments / atmospheres I've ever witnessed at OT - especially after not being able to go for 18 months.
- We were a better side last season / did we have more of an identity last season in terms of interchanging forwards, pace on counter etc? Yes IMO
- We've had to change our approach to games to accommodate having him in the side. The City game is a great example - Ole has done well vs Pep with pace / pressing up top / running into the channels (Lingard, James, Rashford etc) but we didn't have that outlet on Saturday and as a result, City just boxed us into our own half.
- The above point is not Ronaldo's fault, we knew when we signed him he wouldn't have the legs but he'd chip in with a goal a game or thereabouts (he's sticking to his end of the deal) - it's on Ole / the coaches to find a style that works and they've been caught out without this plan B.
- Is here the GOAT? I think he is. Would we have been better off buying a top class midfielder and sticking to Ole's original plans/approach? I think so

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I get that apportioning blame for Utd’s poor form is difficult, but it’s difficult to argue with the facts. 19 PL goals this season after 11 games. 19 PL goals last season after 11 games. Whatever the reasons behind it, it’s clear that Ronaldo’s extra goals have been totally offset by a lack of goals from elsewhere. And last season the excuse was supposedly an unfit team with no preseason to speak of. So Ronaldo coming into a fully fit team has only helped Utd scale the heights of last season’s underwhelming start. Two points worse off in fact.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I get that apportioning blame for Utd’s poor form is difficult, but it’s difficult to argue with the facts. 19 PL goals this season after 11 games. 19 PL goals last season after 11 games. Whatever the reasons behind it, it’s clear that Ronaldo’s extra goals have been totally offset by a lack of goals from elsewhere. And last season the excuse was supposedly an unfit team with no preseason to speak of. So Ronaldo coming into a fully fit team has only helped Utd scale the heights of last season’s underwhelming start. Two points worse off in fact.
Replying to myself here, but I think that that was also true in his Juventus years. He was top scorer for the club by some distance in the 3 years, but Juventus as a team didn’t do any better than in the 3 previous seasons when he wasn’t there.

Edit; just checked. Juve scored 238 goals in the 3 seasons before Ronaldo, 223 in the 3 seasons after; 15 less.

KeanoMagicHat

Every team Ronaldo joins goes into a "we need to pass to Ronaldo at all times" trance. It's why Bruno scored 28 goals last season, then couldn't do anything in the Euros. Then scores 3 goals in a game before Ronaldo arrives, then scores 1 goal in 13 after he arrives. Similar to Dybala, who went from 26 goals in 2017-18 to 10 goals in 2018-19.

Not even blaming Ronaldo himself for it necessarily, it just happens in pretty much every single team he goes to. Ibrahimovic had a similar effect also.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Every team Ronaldo joins goes into a "we need to pass to Ronaldo at all times" trance. It's why Bruno scored 28 goals last season, then couldn't do anything in the Euros. Then scores 3 goals in a game before Ronaldo arrives, then scores 1 goal in 13 after he arrives. Similar to Dybala, who went from 26 goals in 2017-18 to 10 goals in 2018-19.

Not even blaming Ronaldo himself for it necessarily, it just happens in pretty much every single team he goes to. Ibrahimovic had a similar effect also.
Yeah, I’d agree with that. You only have to look at someone like Benzema who looks a different player since Ronaldo left Real.

stoinz

RONALDO needs a striker partner when even in his prime of his history he needed a striker doing the dirty work for him and then when we do that Ole gets pointed at saying - hey Ole wtf why did you spend 75 million on Sancho on the bench, why is Rashford and Greenwood on the bench when Cavani played upfront with Ronaldo; and then still people say Ronaldo is not a tactical problem because he was the player who was unplanned and just came up and signed. :drool:

Anyway, the article showed everything I wanted to show, so if you disagree I guess disagree with the article because people won't change their mind on Ronaldo and neither would I just because he scores goals (we didn't lack goals last season, we complained about our ability to create chances) - why we are worse than last season and the only difference to last season is well.. Sancho who is on the bench. Ouf. No.
Thanks for posting the video, Ronaldo score some worldies still, simply amazing for his age.

I kinda agree with you that Ronaldo needs a foil for maximum effectiveness.
But isn't it the same idea we should be doing for the entire team? About maximizing effectiveness using what you have? I dont see it as an issue of having Ronaldo but rather more of us not knowing how to use the squad, Ronaldo is just another symptom. We are simply not using the squad correctly. When we have Sancho, Rashford, Lingard, Fernandes, Martial, Greenwood, Cavani, Ronaldo, Elanga, Shoretire, Amad and occasionally Pogba vying for 2 to 3 forward positions, I think the question shouldn't be Ronaldo suiting our style of play or him not pressing causing issues with the squad.

He may be unplanned and the team may need to adjust to maximize his output, but personally I rather having him than not. I'm also hoping some of the younger players pick up something while he is here.

acnumber9

Replying to myself here, but I think that that was also true in his Juventus years. He was top scorer for the club by some distance in the 3 years, but Juventus as a team didn’t do any better than in the 3 previous seasons when he wasn’t there.

Edit; just checked. Juve scored 238 goals in the 3 seasons before Ronaldo, 223 in the 3 seasons after; 15 less.
Well Juventus haven’t got better without him. They’re currently sitting 8th with 16 goals in 12 games so they’re scoring at a lower rate. Which points to something else being the problem.

captaincantona

I think even the most hardened Ronaldo fan acknowledges that he needs to be accommodated and will repay that with goals. The question is whether we want or should want to set up our team around a solitary top goal scorer or whether we have faith in the unbelievable young talent in the club that are being asked to change their positions and style of play to accommodate said goal scorer.

I think with the right coach we could be a fuking awesome attacking team...other top coaches would wet themselves to have Sancho, Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Greenwood, DVB, Amad and evening Pogba at their disposal. They are good enough to cause any team problems with the right base.

Love Ronny...would love to see him as a super sub for the ne t two years...perfect plan b.

Oranges038

Ridiculous statement. He’s been our best player with De Gea by a country mile thus far. Having a player like Ronaldo around for the youngsters to learn from is incredible. He’s still very much world class as is Cavani on his day too.

Greenwood is barely 20 and people want him to be leading the line for United. Stupidity

If he played for City you would think what a player how did we miss out. Plus he’s saved our skin in the CL already so paid back his fee in vital contributions. Who else we gonna rely on? Out of form Greenwood? An unfit Rashford? Ronaldo has carried our attack.
In attack Ronaldo's running, sprinting and goal scoring are all superior to the rest of Utd attack and are right up there with Salah, Mane etc. He's a lethal goal scorer, he is now at 36 what Ruud Van Nistlerooy was in his prime.

It's off the ball he causes problems, always has done. If he's going to play up top on his own in a 3 then there's no way Utd can play a high tempo high pressing game. He needs two willing runners either side of him to do the dirty work and Rashford and Greenwood are as unwilling as they come.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Well Juventus haven’t got better without him. They’re currently sitting 8th with 16 goals in 12 games so they’re scoring at a lower rate. Which points to something else being the problem.
That is a very very short timescale to infer what you are inferring! And should it be true it might just point to the fact that teams that have been reliant on Ronaldo for goals will often struggle in the period after he leaves. Which again does not exactly bode well for Utd next season or the season after. But obviously the issue with this is it’s impossible to make direct inferences without somehow turning back time and Juve replaying this season with Ronaldo, and Utd without him. So everyone, from any side of the debate, has just enough ammunition to back up the views they’ve already preconceived!

acnumber9

That is a very very short timescale to infer what you are inferring! And should it be true it might just point to the fact that teams that have been reliant on Ronaldo for goals will often struggle in the period after he leaves. Which again does not exactly bode well for Utd next season or the season after. But obviously the issue with this is it’s impossible to make direct inferences without somehow turning back time and Juve replaying this season with Ronaldo, and Utd without him. So everyone, from any side of the debate, has just enough ammunition to back up the views they’ve already preconceived!
Yes it is but it’s the only fair barometer so far. A lot more has happened at Juventus in those three years than signing Ronaldo. They had a different manager each season, the gradual worsening of the squad that currently sees them sitting 14 points off the lead etc.

You can’t just ignore everything else. Much like you can’t ignore the appalling way United finished last season or how we played against Southampton and Wolves prior to Ronaldo signing. The writing has been on the wall. People just ignored it.

Smores

In attack Ronaldo's running, sprinting and goal scoring are all superior to the rest of Utd attack and are right up there with Salah, Mane etc. He's a lethal goal scorer, he is now at 36 what Ruud Van Nistlerooy was in his prime.

It's off the ball he causes problems, always has done. If he's going to play up top on his own in a 3 then there's no way Utd can play a high tempo high pressing game. He needs two willing runners either side of him to do the dirty work and Rashford and Greenwood are as unwilling as they come.
But we don't play a high tempo or high pressing game and never have apart from like 8 week under Ole.

It seems like he's getting blamed for everyone else's issues in here. Ronnies made us worse as no one else presses, ronnie has made us worse as no one else can create, ronnie has made has made us worse because as a striker he wants the ball. It's all nonsense and really lazy analysis of why we're struggling from people who i assume couldn't see the issues last season or the one prior.

There's a lot of reasons why we've been shit and Ronaldo isn't involved with many of them.

SeeMe

Supports
Porto
It's funny how People say having a "GOAT" is always good thing.

We must compare and consider in many aspects.

Like Pogba for example, great talent but having him is not necessary a good things too.

This is not FIFA 2022 that you play, this is real EPL football. For example you can not have 36-37 slow striker in counter attack football, as simple as that, no matter he is goat or sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.