5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

fluxx

I´ve been lurking redcafe for around 8 years. This is the first post I ever make.

RONALDO IS HOME!

It was worth the wait.

Vernon Philander

If he scores 30 goals but constipates our attack and we become a less dangerous attacking unit as a whole and don't win anything, it's a failure. Zlatan mk2.
That Zlatan season we actually won 2 trophies, including a European one, and still remains the most successful season we've had post- Fergie. That squad wasn't anywhere close to the one we have now either. Blaming Zlatan is just bizarre.

Rather than the Zlatan deal, I reckon this will go more like Van Persie in 2012/13.
Van Persie had SAF as manager that season. See how he did after the great man retired. So comparing those two seasons and putting that on purely the strikers makes no sense.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
If we win a significant trophy, it's a success.

If he scores 30 goals but constipates our attack and we become a less dangerous attacking unit as a whole and don't win anything, it's a failure. Zlatan mk2.

I don't expect that to happen but I think it's a significant risk. I think to some extent it's exactly what happened at Juve, who were a better team overall before he arrived. If Ole handles him properly, it won't be a problem, and it could be the masterstroke in our 'return to the top'.
None of our strikers score 30 goals a season (Ronaldo not included) and the worst one currently also constipates our attack. Is he Zlatan mk3?

Eddy_JukeZ

If we win a significant trophy, it's a success.

I don't expect that to happen but I think it's a significant risk. I think to some extent it's exactly what happened at Juve, who were a better team overall before he arrived. If Ole handles him properly, it won't be a problem, and it could be the masterstroke in our 'return to the top'.
Zlatan was not a failure.

He was instrumental to us winning 2 trophies that season.

Our attack the season before him was shambolic too. It's not like he came in and ruined an attacking unit on song.

It's not his fault all our attackers that season weren't firing. He came in and did his job. If Jose managed him better, he would have scored 30+ goals as a 35 year old in the Prem.

SATA

Cannot wait for his unveiling and debut at Old Trafford. It’ll be even a more rocking atmosphere than Varane :drool:

Eddy_JukeZ

Cannot wait for his unveiling and debut at Old Trafford. It’ll be even a more rocking atmosphere than Varane :drool:
Will be electric.

People who get to watch that live won't ever forget it.

Marcus

I am loving this. Never thought Ronaldo would score more goals for us than he already has. If Ole wants to build a winning culture into the psyche of the squad, Ronaldo is the epitomy of that! Finally, we have a core group of leaders in the team. Cavani, Ronaldo, Varane, Maguire, McT, Bruno. United will never die.

El Zoido

Will be electric.

People who get to watch that live won't ever forget it.
I’m going to the game, can’t believe how this turned out. I missed out on a season ticket again but picked up tickets for a handful of games including Newcastle. Little did I know..

gorky_utd

Player performance - Cristiano Ronaldo :drool: . So many videos on youtube about his last game/ goal for UTD. Guess that is not the case anymore.

RetroStu

Assuming he plays most of the games, and j think he will, in fact there is probably some stipulation in his contract about playing 'x' amount of games. Er i'm thinking 30 goals for the season is well in his ability.
36 goals last season for a struggling Juve (they arent the team they were a few years ao) then i cant see why he cant get 30 in a Utd side that has the players we do.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
The big thing for me is that in recent times during a game, there's a cross is delivered in the box and you're thinking "someone really should be there" and there's no United forward in sight. Knowing that Ronaldo will always be in and around there is massive. I'm expecting him to be a lot like Ruud.
He will clearly be more like Ruud than like Cristiano Ronaldo at this stage of his career, but we are actually lacking a poacher with enough mobility to lurk behind the defenders or just move to give our wingers and midfielders space to exploit

meamth

Ole at wheel,
tell me how good does it feel
We got Ronaldo, Paul Pogba and Fred
Marcus Rashford is manc, born and bred

doo doo doo

The greatest of English football,
We've won it all.

Jamie Shawcross

This is the best transfer of my 35 years on this Earth. It's made me feel like a kid all over again. Best signing since we signed him the first time round. Can't wait to see him in that shirt stepping out onto OT. There's still some magic left in football. Amazing

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I actually think with the support he has around him he'll score an absolute ton. I wouldn't put it past him to bag 40, he's coming into a nearly complete team who are on the cusp of winning trophies. This feels like a turning point in our post SAF era.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Can't wait to see him try and shoot De Gea's goal kicks on target :drool:

I'm very curious how he impacts the dressing room and how Ole manages him. I would not like to see him take Bruno's pens or free kicks for instance. Is Ole big enough to tell him not to? Can his ego take it?

John Blund

Even before this transfer - if I'd be told to name the players with the biggest winning mentality in world football, I'd put CR7 on the top of my list. Perhaps on par with Ramos. You have players how love to win and hates to lose. And then you have CR7 who lives to win. I also love that he joins United to make us a winning team again. There's no way he would join United, just to play for us again. He wants success, and for him, that means CL, PL, and Ballon D'or.

Stormrage101MUFC

Just came to check again that this thread still exists and that it wasn't all a dream. Can't wait for his debut number 2 :devil:

johannes_fd

Extremely good addition to the squad for so many reasons. The only thing Ronaldo is interested in is scoring goals and winning trophies, and this should bring a major boost to our squads mentality. A guy like him in our locker room is exactly what we need.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Ole at wheel,
tell me how good does it feel
We got Ronaldo, Paul Pogba and Fred
Marcus Rashford is manc, born and bred

doo doo doo

The greatest of English football,
We've won it all.
Didn’t they already replace Sanchez with Sancho?

SirAF

Ageist

First goal since signing for United AND THE WORLD RECORD for international football.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
What a lovely header hopefully there is a lot moreof that to come(for us obviously)

El Zoido

He’s going to be miles ahead of that record by the time he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.