Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Personally, I don't think we've had a player in our team where you think "we can win this game" regardless of how we're playing or who we're playing against, since he was here the first time.

Granted, there's a very small group of players in the world that give you that.

RUCK4444

Personally, I don't think we've had a player in our team where you think "we can win this game" regardless of how we're playing or who we're playing against, since he was here the first time.

Agree, posted something similar recently in the thread debating whether he is a United legend.

In that season or so before he left I 100% expected him to score and probably win us the game. Only a handful of players give you that belief.

SaboTaj

I felt like the kid i was back in 07/08 yesterday. What a feeling!

I’ve always dreamt of Ronaldo’s return and like many people here we wished/hoped he’d returned earlier but given the squad we have now this just feels like perfect time for him to return.

Highfather_24

What slightly surprised me about Cristiano yesterday, was how much of a team player he was. He was so efficient with his football. He never lost the ball, always choosing the right pass. He didnt shoot from impossible angles, and and passed it if a teammate was in better position. Didnt create a fuss or sulk when he didnt get the ball, but encouraged the attempt.

He fit the team perfectly, and raised performances, unlike the narrative that he would "disrupt the team balance". Decent work rate as well, cut off passing lanes and pressed when necessary. He is there to score goals, and boy does he finish his chances. I feel lucky to watch him play live for United.

He was laser focussed, no nonsense. Having a player like him gives a sense of belief to the other players. A proper leader. Absolutely world class.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist

RvP in 2013 definitely gave me that vibe, same with Rooney in 09/10. Ibra in 16/17 as well had that capability to drag us out with brilliance. I'd say that's it though.

Litch

Will be interesting how many games he plays, I can't see Ole resting him too often.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
How lucky to have him while still in his Prime!!!! The man will be playing well into his early 40s.

Highfather_24

RvP in 2013 definitely gave me that vibe, same with Rooney in 09/10. Ibra in 16/17 as well had that capability to drag us out with brilliance. I'd say that's it though.
Rooney in 9/10, RvP in 12/13 and Bruno in 20/21. That's it for me.

SirAF

Ageist
Will be interesting how many games he plays, I can't see Ole resting him too often.
He’ll definitely play most games, but he also got a chronic knee condition that needs to be kept an eye on.

AshRK

Seriously wish we had signed him 3 years back when he left Madrid. Instead Jose was chasing Willian. I feel barring any serious injury he is going to play for another 4 years. No surprise if he becomes our highest goal scorer.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That RvP season had a certain inevitability about it, yeah. Think it was slightly different though, for me. As for Ibra, I may be one of the few that didn't enjoy his time here. I didn't like how we played as a team when he was in it, and I thought he was slow and quite frustrating at times. He scored a few goals, granted, but this would be one of those times where goals aren't the be-all and end-all. Might be in the minority there.

Litch

He’ll definitely play most games, but he also got a chronic knee condition that needs to be kept an eye on.
Will be interesting as I actually think he'll play in the 3 even if Eddy plays.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Unless its a tough opponent in the League cup or FA Cup he needs to be rested in those competitions.

Litch

Shouldn't really play in any of the cups till we reach the quarterfinals at least.
Agree. More chance of rotating people like Martial or Greenwood into that position to give them along with getting Eddy game time.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Nah, PL and CL games, probably rested in the cups until we get near the end.

Stormrage101MUFC

I agree. They (along with Ronaldo) were among the best in the world at those times.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Shouldn't really play in any of the cups till we reach the quarterfinals at least.
No way he sits out in the CL games he lives for those, but FA and League Cup will be pretty much exclusively for the final or quarters and later if we get a big opponent.

DepaysCowboyHat

I can guarantee you that when this man hangs up his boots around 42-44years of age, he'll be coming off from a 35+ goal season in toplevelfootball- and nobody gonna understand why he's quitting.

GOAT.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He isnt as involved in the game as he used to be, but damn he's effective.

Glad to have him, even at 36 he's clearly special and a level above.
This is actually a very sensitive and rational comment. Don't expect Ronaldo to carry us to the title, he can't do that at his current age. But he can be the difference between winning titles and cups or loosing them in those important games.

Red4Life_#7

Pretty much confirms Sir Alex read City were close, phoned him and the glazers and said sort it the feck out and it got done.
His agent held talks (as Rio said you have to listen to all offers), plus he was really desperate to leave Juve, so City could have happened if United didn't make a move. But when everyone found out about City, all ex-Utd teammates called him, demonstrating the negative impact of such a move, he knew he couldn't ruin his legacy at United. Then United came in and completed the deal rapidly.

jymufc20

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
He is a lot faster than I expected him to be, I thought he would of slowed down a bit by now.

Swiss_Red89

I can't stop watching his opener live including his walk to the stretty after the half time whistle. Old Trafford rocking with the vamous Viva Ronaldo song and the great guy has a little smile on his face before clapping to the Stretford End while walking to tea time. I love it. Absolutely love it. :devil:

ForeverRed1

What slightly surprised me about Cristiano yesterday, was how much of a team player he was. He was so efficient with his football. He never lost the ball, always choosing the right pass. He didnt shoot from impossible angles, and and passed it if a teammate was in better position. Didnt create a fuss or sulk when he didnt get the ball, but encouraged the attempt.

He fit the team perfectly, and raised performances, unlike the narrative that he would "disrupt the team balance". Decent work rate as well, cut off passing lanes and pressed when necessary. He is there to score goals, and boy does he finish his chances. I feel lucky to watch him play live for United.

He was laser focussed, no nonsense. Having a player like him gives a sense of belief to the other players. A proper leader. Absolutely world class.
I think he understands how important winning a trophy is for us. It would 100% secure his legacy if he comes back and wins something massive for us.

statue level if he leads us to league/champs league :drool: after the fergie era it’s not been easy.. it would mean more than ever. Huge

Status
Not open for further replies.