5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

meamth

He's still elite in short bursts but wow... his stamina is piss poor.
Must be wumming. If you ask Ronaldo to run 30 km, he can.

It's not about stamina, it's about his muscles endurance. 36 year old can't put so much strain to their muscles.

Pretty sure physios calculated his muscles strength and there are some data behind it.

The season is long, sometimes it's best to be very careful and not force injuries.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
He's still elite in short bursts but wow... his stamina is piss poor.
No 36 year old is going to be running around like the younger lot would. They have to preserve their energy for important phases of the game. Same for Zlatan or Messi (now or in 2 years). It's silly to expect otherwise. You could be critical that he didn't offer much as a CF other than the goal but not the stamina part imo.

Nicolarra90

He's looking awesome so far.
I fear we'll end up wasting his final years.
We need to win something this season. Maybe next season is too late.
We deserve to win something with him.

ti vu

I thought he should’ve come off earlier, even at half time. You need someone who can run their heart out, chase balls down, run the channels and track back when your down to 10 men and have very little possession.
Rashford is injured. Other wise you're asking for the impossible with our option on the bench. Ole chose Lingard because he runs a lot. However, Lingard is a supporting player. He can't play as the focal, and main outlet of the team. Without anyone ahead leading the line, he would often turn back and pass, which unfortunately our downfall this game.

And no. Even with 10 men, if we are better coached to have some sort of control of the game, we have players that can play some delicious passes for Ronaldo. Ronaldo is perfectly fine, running off the shoulder. Even young Rooney would be useless pressing, tracking back alone with how Ole set us up with the back 5 in second half when down to 10 men.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not true again. We haven’t won anything special with him. You can hate Juventus as much as you like but facts are facts. It seems like you are mixing reality with fantasy.
Hate Juventus? I have probably been watching Juventus longer than you have been watching football. I can still remember Alessandro del Piero's Juve debut.

Most United fans who watched 90s football have some grudging affection for Juventus. They were the benchmark when we were trying to become a European power.

If you feel like honest observations are 'hate' it's probably best to draw a line under this exchange.

Om Cristiano, he does what he does. Three goals, two games. If you include the Ireland game for Portugal it's actually five goals in three games. His scoring record continues to be incredible. Just a pity about some of the supporting cast. 11 v 11 we win at Young Boys.

La Vecchia Signora

Supports
Juventus
Hate Juventus? I have probably been watching Juventus longer than you have been watching football. I can still remember Alessandro del Piero's Juve debut.

Most United fans who watched 90s football have some grudging affection for Juventus. They were the benchmark when we were trying to become a European power.

If you feel like honest observations are 'hate' it's probably best to draw a line under this exchange.

Om Cristiano, he does what he does. Three goals, two games. If you include the Ireland game for Portugal it's actually five goals in three games. His scoring record continues to be incredible. Just a pity about some of the supporting cast. 11 v 11 we win at Young Boys.
Football is a team work and Juventus plays that way.

Anyway I don’t wanna be off topic. This is Ronaldo’s thread. Let’s enjoy watching one of the hardworking footballer of all time.

UnitedFan93

Sounds crazy given his goal scoring record, but over the course of a season I think he will hinder the team when we're trying to press the opposition. Hopefully Ole is strong enough to deal with his ego.

NewYorkRed

Sounds crazy given his goal scoring record, but over the course of a season I think he will hinder the team when we're trying to press the opposition. Hopefully Ole is strong enough to deal with his ego.
Yeah because we have been notorious for pressing opposition teams under Ole. What a joke of a post. “Our top scorer will hinder us as he won’t do what our manager doesn’t have us doing in the first place”. Sheesh.

UnitedFan93

Yeah because we have been notorious for pressing opposition teams under Ole. What a joke of a post. “Our top scorer will hinder us as he won’t do what our manager doesn’t have us doing in the first place”. Sheesh.
We pressed teams plenty of times last season and Ole himself has gone on record praising the likes of Cavani and Bruno for their pressing and work rate. Sure, last season, against the top teams we sat in deep and counter attacked, mainly because we had slow CB's that we didn't want to expose. Hence the reason for signing Varane, so that the team could push further forward and press the opposition. Sancho was signed as he can play in tight spaces when we're dominating possession whereas Dan James couldn't. Ole said himself that United are still behind City when it comes to pressing the opposition and keeping the ball, so clearly he's looking to close that gap with similar football.

Ronaldo of course will guarantee goals against bottom half teams, but if we want to win the league this season we're going to have to beat the other title contenders. This means beating City, Liverpool, Chelsea; teams that press like crazy and look to dominate possession. There's no point having one of the greatest goal scorers of all time if we can't get the ball off the opposition because we aren't pressing effectively up front. Of course the intent will be there to press, but given Ronaldo's age and the type of player he is, I honestly think our pressing game will suffer against the top teams comfortable in possession.

Generally, since Pep's Barca teams, the teams that have won the major trophies in the last 10 years have all pressed the opposition, dominated possession and starved the opposition of the ball. If we're going to win the big trophies this season we're going to have to do what they do but better. I'm not sure we can. Hopefully I'm proven wrong.

If we really wanted Ronaldo, we would have signed him months ago. It feels like we were forced to sign him to stop City getting him. That being said, Ronaldo is clearly an asset to the squad. However, Ole will need to show strong management and bench Ronaldo and his ego for certain matches if other players are more suitable for that game and Ole's pressing tactics.

carlbcfc

Supports
Birmingham City
Did anyone see Ronaldo telling Fred the very basic tactic of he needs to push out when DeGea has possession to decrease the pressure?He just ignored Ronaldo and just continued to sit on the CB’s laps.

Ronaldo knows the game inside out. They need to listen to him.

Ronaldo appears to have the fire needed to be a good manager in a few years time.

Sviken

Did anyone see Ronaldo telling Fred the very basic tactic of he needs to push out when DeGea has possession to decrease the pressure?He just ignored Ronaldo and just continued to sit on the CB’s laps.

Ronaldo appears to have the fire needed to be a good manager in a few years time.
One good thing about Ronaldo coming back is that he isn't gonna stand for this shit. Which is good news for us fans because if Ole fails miserably, he won't be able to hide behind the Glazers and the word "progress". This is a born and bred winner who won't stand for mediocrity. Bruno is like that himself, but he simply doesn't have Ronaldo's stature and influence no matter how good he is.

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
Must be wumming. If you ask Ronaldo to run 30 km, he can.

It's not about stamina, it's about his muscles endurance. 36 year old can't put so much strain to their muscles.

Pretty sure physios calculated his muscles strength and there are some data behind it.

The season is long, sometimes it's best to be very careful and not force injuries.
You shouldn't waste your energy on those type of nonsensical posts

Highfather_24

Yes, like Ronaldo himself once said, "Too much water, kills the plant". He needs to conserve his energy. Even Cavani who runs around so much, basically cant play 2 games a week.

The United

Yes, like Ronaldo himself once said, "Too much water, kills the plant". He needs to conserve his energy. Even Cavani who runs around so much, basically cant play 2 games a week.
Mainly because he is injured most of the time though. If I remember it correctly, it was the same last season?

United in sin

This is what Fred's tasked to do most times and he was simply following Solskjaer's pragmatic instructions IMO. I think you're reading too much into this, it happens a lot during games between different players, which is not saying Ronaldo isn't a student of the game.

I also recall Pogba asking his teammates (they were out of frame) to pass the ball quicker but the buildup from the back remained slow and he looked like a frustrated figure. This was in the CL defeat to Young Boys.

Lucky *7*

honestly Ronaldo is the LEAST of Manchester United's problem. 3 goals in 2 games that's fairytale stuff.. I don't know what more he's expected to do? I think he's exceeding expectations..especially if he gets more goals in the next few matches. Most people was predicting 20-25 goals for him this season. Got to give him credit where it's due surely. He's 37 in February.. people praise Emma Radacanu and get her trending saying she's 19 etc but doing what Ronaldo is doing at almost 37 is special too.. I think it often gets ignored as people just take it for granted..

maybe Ronaldo should've gone to City with some United fans saying he will hinder a team which hasn't won a major trophy in almost 10 years and over 12 points away last year :lol: we are much closer to winning major titles with Ronaldo in the team how is that even up for debate!?

if we didn't sign Ronaldo we would have had no number 9 for the past 3 matches. As Cavani is a massive crock/sick note unfortunately. And if you think any other Manchester United attacker has Ronaldo's movement to score the goals he does you are naive. It's Ronaldo's movement which makes it look so easy. But ask any pro they'll tell you it isn't.. that's why goal scoring is the hardest thing to do on the field and why world class guaranteed strikers are paid the big bucks and are at a premium.

City would've loved Ronaldo today and in my opinion would've won that game with Ronaldo today. He wouldn't have been offside (the VAR offside goal) so the goal would've stood. That's the fine margins in winning trophies. The fact Ronaldo didn't go to City and chose to come back United from a purely career perspective (take emotion and rivalry out of it and think of what's best for Ronaldo)

he would have had a better chance winning trophies with City

he would have a better chance at scoring more goals

he would be there number 1 penalty taker as they are rubbish at pens

honestly I hope Ronaldo doesn't regret not going to City (as from a pure Ronaldo career point of view I do that it made more sense taking out rivalry and emotion) and United don't want his final years. Because if you provide him with chances he will score.. the United players need to be practising crossing in training to take advantage of Ronaldo's heading ability

Honestly if United have a disastrous season I could see Ronaldo leaving. He hasn't got time to waste that's why he left Juve.

some people are desperate to shoe-in Cavani in the side for some reason and upset the balance of a winning team by shifting Ronaldo to the wing where he can't play effectively anymore can't beat a man etc it's bizarre.. Against Newcastle that was one of our best performances with Ronaldo as our number 9. Why change something which is working? Keep playing that team until injury.. but I fear Ole will keep chopping and changing to give players minutes and that will be United's downfall. Ole has too many attacking players and he will feel pressured to play them like Lingard when it's probably not best for the team or United's title ambitions. That's why I was hoping a few attacking players left.

Last edited:
West Ham 1:2 Man Utd

el3mel

Got his goal as usual, beside he deserved a pen.

Though I feel like he's looking way too much to get a pen in other instances. Some times he could have just tried his luck instead of trying to get a pen.

Tony247

Could have had hat trick. Brain dead VAR decisions. Still huge threat in the box. my GOAT.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Got his goal as usual, beside he deserved a pen.

Though I feel like he's looking way too much to get a pen in other instances. Some times he could have just tried his luck instead of trying to get a pen.
Last one was a penalty, the other two weren't. Our whole attack was poor in the second including him but he got a goal I suppose

Sylar

Should have had at least two penalties
The last one was as blatant as you could get

Good movement in the box, and we really need to get crosses to him earlier. Bruno tried but under hit it a few times. But got one good one that lead to a goal

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
This is what world class is. Fantastic player, going to be our topscorer easily at the very least. He is still so good.

Yagami

Good post resistant
What even is VAR if it's not going to convince the ref to give a pen on that last challenge. Such a joke.

Vivavavava

Abraxas

Excellent. A constant danger to West Ham, looks extremely fit and strong until the end. How he didn't get a penalty I really don't know.

Leg-End

Got his goal, GK made a couple of good saves and he could have had 2 pens on a different day. I’ll take that every single time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
How he didn’t get the penalty in the last minute I don’t know

Red Stone

He had enough chances to score a hat-trick even without being given the pens. On a perfect day he ends up with four or five tonight. His movement off the ball is just unreal, and he's still got the ability to take players on.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Still our biggest threat with 5 shot on target and a goal. Should have awarded 1 penalty IMO. He always able to find chances to shoot with his great movement and instinct, if he keeps that up could easily score 40+ goals this season.

LoneStar

Still an elite goalscorer. I doubt most of our other attackers would anticipate that rebound and be there to score.

I feel like our tactics should change a bit though. Can't cross to him and expect something to happen everytime. Mix it up a bit. His presence will also give other attackers space to run into, make more use of that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good goal, should have scored 2 more goals and should have won 2 penalties. What a game

Devil may care

Teams are rightfully scared of him, his movement and injection of pace over 10 yards is such a threat and he's still lethal in the box.

mancan92

What more can you say? The guy is ridiculous. Best player in the league at 36 should of had 2 penalties and we should be celebrating a Ronaldo hattrick.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

Still an elite goalscorer. I doubt most of our other attackers would anticipate that rebound and be there to score.

I feel like our tactics should change a bit though. Can't cross to him and expect something to happen everytime. Mix it up a bit. His presence will also give other attackers space to run into, make more use of that.
We did the same with RvP in his first season here and it worked out really well.

Status
Not open for further replies.