5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronRedDevil

Should have had at least ONE of those 3 fouls for a pen. But I think the first and last one were a dive. The 2nd foul was a blatant pen. He's trying desperately to score as much as possible which is great. But he needs to calm it down and pass it off when there's better options. Greenwood was wide open at one point.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
He’s coming for that 6th Ballon D’or.
If he wins us the league he will be considered as GOAT. People will say Ronaldo moved to toughest league while Messi went to France. Not entirely true but there will be truth to this particular narrative.

If he wins us a major trophy while he’s here he will be known as GOAT and rightly so.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID

Not a surprise to anyone but he's really good at getting chances.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Gets so many chances, the guy just knows where to move and his off the ball movement is the best in the world

RedDevilRoshi

Still such a huge threat when he gets on the ball. Everytime he gets the ball, I just know he’s going to create an opportunity. Fabianski pulled off some very good saves to deny him adding to his solitary goal today.

Should have had 2 penalties out of 3, especially the 3rd one which was a stonewaller

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He is still not as razor sharp, there's more to come. His finishing is absolutely elite when on song, he'd find gaps with his placements with ease. He's been snatching at few opportunities, but I am hoping that won't be happening once he gets into his rhythm.

Really like his nimble feet, he can still turn and weave his way past defenders. Both Coufal and Zouma should have conceded a penalty.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Good for the goal but wasn't great today I thought. 2nd half especially seemed to spent more time out of the box than in it.

Could have had a penalty though.

littleman

Not entirely true. For both occasions Ronaldo is seeking the contact, going into/going down, before the hit is there. Don’t get me wrong, both are defenders tackling the player and not the ball, but the referees don’t like when players are seeking the penalty rather than trying to score a goal or do something after the potential tackle. The touch to the left of Zouma is never going to be anything but a goal-kick, he wants the penalty and moves closer to Zouma. Not sure what is correct here to be fair, perhaps no for the Coufal and yes for the Zouma.. if these were involving Salah 99.99% on here would focus only on the «diving» part.
I don’t think it really matters when the tackler in both cases didn’t get the ball at all or went through Ronnie for the ball

Every attacker should be motivated to earn a penalty and every defender to not concede one.

Everyone is getting distracted by the attacker‘s motivation and not looking at the ball

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm confused, I was told he was past it and the PL would be too tough for him?

He hasn't even hit top form yet, he will only get better. Unreal footballer :drool:

predator

Youth NITK
He is going to average a goal a game for us in this second stint, isn't he?

He has evolved his game to absolute perfection.

His usual self. Scored one, unlucky not to score another and should have had at least one penalty.

Some players who rely on pace or strength or even skill can be learned and defended against, but you can't do anything about players with that natural instinct.

Now rest him for Wednesday. He's 36 and nobody cares about the League Cup.

TsuWave

He's amazing. Still has those ISO skills in his locker that are great to carve penalties. On another day, with a good referee we would have had two.

mancan92

The seeking contact thing is exaggerated. In both situations Ronaldo is easily past those players and he is moving speed they leave their bodies in the way. Of course he will go over. Where could he have gone in both those situations?

Idxomer

His finishing has been a bit underwhelming so far. He looks like he's still getting used to the league.

Ole'sgunnarwin

He's so good. 4 in 3 already. Keane is spot on when he talks about his intelligence. He always makes the right runs and picks up great positions. We had a good few 0-0s last season. With Greenwood and Ronaldo, hopefully there'll be very few matches we don't score this season.

El Zoido

His finishing has been a bit underwhelming so far. He looks like he's still getting used to the league.
I don’t think so, he looks dangerous every time he’s got the ball with a sight of goal.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is still not playing as a striker which is an issue . If we had Cavani, the rebound from his shot is a goal. Cavani would be there.

Too many times, we don't have enough people in the box.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Not entirely true. For both occasions Ronaldo is seeking the contact, going into/going down, before the hit is there. Don’t get me wrong, both are defenders tackling the player and not the ball, but the referees don’t like when players are seeking the penalty rather than trying to score a goal or do something after the potential tackle. The touch to the left of Zouma is never going to be anything but a goal-kick, he wants the penalty and moves closer to Zouma. Not sure what is correct here to be fair, perhaps no for the Coufal and yes for the Zouma.. if these were involving Salah 99.99% on here would focus only on the «diving» part.
How does that matter though? There is a contact in the box and it's a penalty. Let's not make it complicated. Whether players are trying to get or not, he was fouled. It's not a dive !

Steven-UK

4 goals in three matches? We'd be much further down the league table without him. Should have easily had a hat-trick today, but you can easily see why his goal scoring record is what it is, if you don't have the natural instinct to get into the positions to score, and then possess the above average ability to take the chances, you're just average - Martial, for example would not even dream of being in those positions.....and as we know, he wouldn't take them either. That's the difference.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
The thing with that first penalty claim is that those are given all the time. The player with the ball knocks it past the man as he plants his foot in the ground, legs up the player going past him and it's a textbook pen.

I really don't get what happened there. Such an obvious one.

Winrar

I'm convinced he will play at this level until 40 barring any major injuries.

A freak of nature.

Lam

Reminded of 2006-08. Gets the goal, fouled frequently but doesn’t get the penalty, and one ends up with the feeling it was another game in which he could have got a HT but slipped away. And, 3 standard points.

FattyFooty

He missed one big.
Gets another superb goal.
Should had 2 penalties.

He is so good its unreal.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He's just a machine. Quicker than people think as well, even at 36. That little burst of pace will see him get in time and again this season.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
So...

Is the media going to tell me again about how the fact Ronaldo was top scorer in Serie A last season doesn't matter, cos England is different and he's old?

3 games 4 goals. Give him chances and he will score.

And he scores important goals too. The first goal in a game, the equaliser, the one that puts us ahead. He doesn't solve all our problems but he makes them easier to cope with.

Outrageous that every penalty call went against him. Feels like referees bias.

EtH

Should have passed to Greenwood.
He really should have but was never happening was it.

But ho hum. Another game, another goal. Could’ve had a hat trick on another day. Ref and VAR were having a laugh today.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
So...

Is the media going to tell me again about how the fact Ronaldo was top scorer in Serie A last season doesn't matter, cos England is different and he's old?

3 games 4 goals. Give him chances and he will score.

And he scores important goals too. The first goal in a game, the equaliser, the one that puts us ahead. He doesn't solve all our problems but he makes them easier to cope with.

Outrageous that every penalty call went against him. Feels like referees bias.
Well most people/media are just clueless. Not only he is top scorer in serie A last season, he is also top scorer in Euro this summer, and he scored around 45 goals in past 12 months in all competitions too. I mean, its not exactly surprising isn't it? Would people expect Lewandowski, Mbappe or Haaland struggling to score in PL too, as they are all playing in even poorer league? But they still have doubts on Ronaldo, who has already scored nearly 800 goals in his career, beating Pele's all time record too. Some people just never learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.