5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hashirama

I’m a little bit worried that the squad seem like they have to involve him at all times. The stats just after half time showed the players with the most shots in the game, Ronaldo had 7, I think Bowen and Benhrama had 3 and 2, then a couple of West Ham players 1.
I’m sure a couple United players had one as well and Sky was just trying to skew the stats, however I’m surprised Ronaldo had 7x more shots that Bruno or Greenwood or whoever 50 minutes in.
I understand he is arguably the greatest goal scorer of all time, and I understand it is a small sample size of just over 1 half. However I feel there may be a few games this season where the teams’ need to feed Ronaldo may hamper us more than it helps. I hope not but let’s see.

hungrywing

I could only see Cavani scoring those type of goals in our team. It's actually crazy how our players don't gamble on rebounds
The difference between Cavani-Ronaldo and then other 'strikers' of the past few years is hair-tearing-outingly vast.

I'd hate to be the data analysis person tasked with going over every second of game footage to tally how many such tap-ins we missed out on circa the we need to 'get more tap ins' period.

arnie_ni

When Ronaldo received the pass, Greenwood was in better position. Then Ronaldo checked and lost his balance.
I can't even remember seeing greenwood at all. Thank I was in shock at his poor touch and just thought the chance was dead

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Positioning and anticipation is out of this world. Predatory. I'd be happy to see him score that scruffy rebound goal every week.

His off the ball work was impressive today too. Tracked back a bit more than he did against Newcastle and Young Boys.

Son

This incarnation of Ronaldo is one of the finest players we will ever have at our club.

I don’t think I’ve seen a better player arguably of us the amount of chances he carves out all the time right now just with his movement and power.

The guy is a one man wrecking machine against anyone basically.

Chip

This incarnation of Ronaldo is one of the finest players we will ever have at our club.

I don’t think I’ve seen a better player arguably of us the amount of chances he carves out all the time right now just with his movement and power.

The guy is a one man wrecking machine against anyone basically.
Wut?

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Should have passed but Ronaldo one on one with a keeper is never going to pass. You don't score 800 goals with that mentality.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
I dunno. It only became necessary to pass instead of shoot once his first touch was messed up. But once that had happened, the pass wasn't really on any more.

bakalhau

Ronaldo was not going to pass the ball anyway. I doubt Greenwood himself would.

It is how strikers usually play.
Looking at the slow motion replay I think Ronaldo bottles it because he doesn't know what to actually do. I think (believe, from what I tried to look at) he originally wanted to put it to Greenwood, but the ball had pace and he had to pass with the weaker foot, and he wasn't confident enough. By the time he decided to do it himself he doesn't have the time to receive it properly because the body wasn't fully prepared and the first touch gesture isn't well timed.

Would've been great if he had assisted him, but there will be plenty more times for Ronaldo to assist teammates.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
It should’ve been a very early pass. He took the extra touch because he’s deliberating whether or not to shoot and both chances are lost.

Highfather_24

That's fine, but I think the 2nd half miss was a bigger one, that was a clear 1v1. Could have had a hattrick today. He will always get 1-2 golden chances a game, he just needs to finish. And he is one of the finest finishers in the game.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
The number of changes he gets is very promising, especially since he's been with the team for a few weeks. It's better then I expected.
He missed one big chance today, could've done anything to go past the keeper but Fabiański somehow was able to keep it out.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I'm shocked at the defending he is willing to do, thought he would stay up top, off limits
I watched a fair bit of Juventus last season after they signed Arthur and, whilst he wasn't like Messi in strolling about when out of possession, I can't recall him tracking back with such intensity like he did a couple of times today.

Coming back and seeing all the love must play apart, imo. He's fighting like I haven't seen in a long time.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
He scores goals but I sometimes miss that striker who can hold up the ball and bring someone in to play.
Berbatov! I still miss that beautiful man. Still can't believe Ronaldo is playing for us again. It weirds me out everytime i see him come out on the pitch. Never seen anything like this man. And his impact on our youth will also be immense. Maybe more important in the long run than his goals.

MattofManchester

I'm not sure you want him running back 4o defend. I think he should just involve himself in the attacking phases.

He's really the only player you can justify that for.
Plus, at 36, he has to be careful with the energy he expends.

clarkydaz

I watched a fair bit of Juventus last season after they signed Arthur and, whilst he wasn't like Messi in strolling about when out of possession, I can't recall him tracking back with such intensity like he did a couple of times today.

Coming back and seeing all the love must play apart, imo. He's fighting like I haven't seen in a long time.
He was defending corners last week aswell, maybe he sees we need help compared to his previous teams. Nice to see though

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
My first game back at OT next week and I get to see Ronnie (hopefully)! Actually can’t believe he’s ours again!

clarkydaz

I'm not sure you want him running back 4o defend. I think he should just involve himself in the attacking phases.

He's really the only player you can justify that for.
Plus, at 36, he has to be careful with the energy he expends.
Yeah this what i assumed would happen, and you would understand. We broke away at the end today with Bruno and ronaldo was way behind the play

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Good first touch and he would have buried that. Bad first touch and both pass and shoot option went out of the window. Dont think any Striker would pass the ball when they are almost through on goal.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm happy to see people finally realize how much Ronaldo presses and tracks back. I found it lazy analysis and journalism to say he doesn't really press or track. It was clear in last two games he does..

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
He's been so much better than what I expected. Couple times today he was in his own third, offering support.

Involved, class and scoring goals. Genuinely thought he'd struggle. Am a moron.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Don't be silly. He's better but just by a bit. Ruud was a striker extraordinaire for us. His goals to games ratio is up there with anyone.

Ronaldo had a couple poor moments but otherwise was very good. Gives us what we need in that striker position.
I don't think it's silly. Ronaldo even at this age is a much better player.

His overall game and threat is far more complete than ruud. He can still put in some wicket crosses from the wing, is involved in buildup play, and has an incredible long range threat.

Ronaldo contrary to belief still can beat his defender with dribbling over short yardage.

Gonçalo Motta

Scored 1 one goal, was dangerous a few times, participated in the build-up play, tracked back and if the referee wasn't biased, we would get 2 penalties for fouls on him.

It wasn't his greatest game but his overall play is still class.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
All the people picking holes in his game here :lol:

Proof you'll literally never be happy watching football

Highfather_24

I don't think it's silly. Ronaldo even at this age is a much better player.

His overall game and threat is far more complete than ruud. He can still put in some wicket crosses from the wing, is involved in buildup play, and has an incredible long range threat.

Ronaldo contrary to belief still can beat his defender with dribbling over short yardage.
Too young to have seen Ruud play...how was his holdup play?

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Ronaldo is totally selfish but he is also a master at scoring. He will teach Greenwood alot. There has been a softness at Utd for a long while. Ronaldo's return will hopefully change that. If Greenwood wants the glory he is going to have to take it. I think he can.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Scored 4 so far, including a second half v Young Boys where we barely touched the ball.
Today felt like a good display, involved loads, a few dribbles inviting fouls (two could easily have been pens), and loads of shots.

4 goals certainly hasn't flattered him so far.
Here's to a load more soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.