5.8 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

NemanjaWhoah

Haven’t seen that much of Juve in the last couple of years besides a few champions league games but some people were acting as if he had aged into a statue with a good finish. He’s still so much more than that and is twice as mobile as Martial.
Sprinting back with Bowen today, dropping in to get on the ball, taking on players - he’s still unreal. He might not chase every lost cause these days but I’m so glad he’s back.

Dominos

When Ronaldo received the pass, Greenwood was in better position. Then Ronaldo checked and lost his balance.
From memory he checked because he had a poor 1st touch and the defender had got back in position to block had he taken the shot/pass to the backpost it on his left.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
You can't blame him for not passing. He assumed he would get his first touch right but he didn't. If he had gotten his first touch right, he isn't going to miss it. That's a goal !

Once the touch was gone, pass was also gone.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Scored 4 so far, including a second half v Young Boys where we barely touched the ball.
Today felt like a good display, involved loads, a few dribbles inviting fouls (two could easily have been pens), and loads of shots.

4 goals certainly hasn't flattered him so far.
Here's to a load more soon.
If anything he's underperforming in the league :nervous:

Scottynaldinho

The more I see him the more I'm starting to believe in our chances of winning the league. He'll top the league scoring chart that's for sure.

MittenCrab

Motors past Andy Cole in the all time scorers list. Next up a certain Norwegian.

Highfather_24

I'm not. Nice try to belittle me. Ronaldo is a GOAT contender Ruud was one of the best of his era. There's a difference
I missed Ronaldo 06-09. I'm not trying to belittle you buddy. I'm envious. It was a genuine question.

Last edited:

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Right. There’s bound to be some smart wee bastard on the caf that knows about physical therapy or is some kind of doctor. Please explain to me how he’s still like a 28 year old?

Blood Mage

You can't expect much more from a 36 year old in the Premier League so far. It's a two horse race between him and Lukaku for the golden boot.

Paxi

Great nutrition. Enough sleep. No Alcohol. No smoking. And probably very good genes.
No harm lad. I’m not saying you’re wrong but like everything you just said is a prerequisite for an athlete these days.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Can you love and respect this man anymore? It’s just unreal how he still delivers. UN-feckING-REAL!

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
That last one was a stonewall penalty. Can’t believe that fecking idiot ref.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
That last one was a stonewall penalty. Can’t believe that fecking idiot ref.
He should have had a hat trick today. Those two penalties were both stonewall. Wasn’t given cause it’s Ronaldo and he has a reputation as a diver. Plus that chance when he snd Greenwood were through on goal and his touch let him down. And his chance early in the second half when he was one on one. Don’t know how he missed that.

RedorDead21

I actually get a little sad watching him. I just wish he could do the long mazy runs like we seen in his first stint skipping over tackle after tackle. That’s the ronaldo I’ll always remember. No slight on the player he is now…I just really miss the old version, regardless of end product really.

Paxi

He’s going to feck some team up. Like everything that he touches will come off at least once this season and he’ll have like 5 goals in a game. I’m convinced. He’s a bloody animal.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's looking really sharp.

I honestly think he'll be even sharper once he gets more games in and adjusts fully to his teammates.

Another day, he could have scored 3 even without the 2 stonewall penalties.

His movement and predatory instincts are superb. His ball-carrying is still really good and he should have a pen when he tricked Coufal in the box.

A-man

Please explain what aspect of our football yesterday was horrible :houllier:
I thought most aspects were somewhere from average to awful. We have a team so superior to West Ham and yet we struggle both on defence and offensive half. Our passing is slow and sloppy, both from defenders and midfielders. We give away ball and we’re not creative. Remove Ronaldo and we created very little.

Shark

@NotShark
Honestly aside from a slight loss in pace I've been pleasantly taken aback by how lively he still is but he's so clever in his timing to conserve energy. Fascinating player, I'm so glad he's back to give us the last roar of an incredible career.

littleman

You can't expect much more from a 36 year old in the Premier League so far. It's a two horse race between him and Lukaku for the golden boot.
I don't think you can expect much more from.. well, any player really.

Be it Messi, Lewandowski, Haaland or Mbappe.. 4 goals in 3 games would be great for anyone.

Season is early, let's keep watch

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I actually get a little sad watching him. I just wish he could do the long mazy runs like we seen in his first stint skipping over tackle after tackle. That’s the ronaldo I’ll always remember. No slight on the player he is now…I just really miss the old version, regardless of end product really.
I get what you mean but it feels like this version of Ronaldo is efficiency at its best. He only uses skills when it’s desperately needed (apart from the one time he did stepovers today) and is absolutely lethal in the box. If a striker was built by a machine this version of Ronaldo would be it aside from more pace.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It's the same as with Cavani before, the team needs to learn to play with him. Already Mason and Bruno are linking up really nicely with him. Against Newcastle it seemed we were just crossing relentlessly hoping for him to beat 3 defenders with a header. I also don't really like him dropping deep on the left when Pogba is playing there.

Will be very excited to see him next to Cavani, in a frontline of three with Mason on the right.

BuzzKillington

I’ve been impressed with how he hasn’t acted the big time Charlie. Yes he has a rep and a brand that he’s lived up to, but I really feel like he’s put the effort in and doesn’t seem too prima donna like on the pitch, he seems to support the other lads, doesn’t seem like he thinks he’s better than them and works his arse off and just plays. He’s been a complete revelation. I was really against this signing and couldn’t be more pleased to have been wrong.

So far in my catalogue of wrongness, I was against Bruno (I thought numbers made him seem better than he was, Portuguese league is shite and his numbers wouldn’t translate to the PL), Ronaldo (for the reasons above), and Sancho (personally thought Greenwood had more potential and was better on the right).

I’m looking forward to Sancho proving me to be a complete imbecile for the clean sweep.

Reactions: Fortitude

MattofManchester

It's kinda funny.
I remember him leaving for Real where he became this physical monster.
He seems to have toned down upon his return to the PL.

On the other hand, Rashford is now looking the physical monster.

Can't wait to see them together. :drool:

TsuWave

currently watching the documentary that's playing on the BBC. His relationship with Fergie is amazing to watch. Ferguson loves that kid

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I thought most aspects were somewhere from average to awful. We have a team so superior to West Ham and yet we struggle both on defence and offensive half. Our passing is slow and sloppy, both from defenders and midfielders. We give away ball and we’re not creative. Remove Ronaldo and we created very little.
What the feck did you watch

RUCK4444

Eh? We created tonnes of chances, if not for Atkinson being a cnut and Fabianski having a good game we should have scored 4 or 5.

They didn’t crate any clear chances iirc, their goal was a huge deflection as well.

We’ve been scrappy in some recent games but we played well today.

Paxi

Honestly aside from a slight loss in pace I've been pleasantly taken aback by how lively he still is but he's so clever in his timing to conserve energy. Fascinating player, I'm so glad he's back to give us the last roar of an incredible career.
He has lost half a yard but my God, his movement is up there with Gerd Muller. Like honestly one of the best ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.